hazydayz...coconut grove re-union 31.1.04

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

grover

Jun 5, 2003
first of all.....gotta say a MASSIVE thank you to all the osa members who turned up and made this night so special...........not going to mention any names(partly because i am smashed at this moment in time.....7.30ish am..lol...........but all the osa peeps that i was introduced to by the lovely sj ;) ....noz...dannster...joker.........vinyl animal....untoe...(oops....sorry...i said i wasn't gonna mention any names...lol).....and tall paul....the biggest and bestest on the dancefloor :D ....have i missed anyone out....erm...jonno,(the fella with his arm in a sling..but his left hand was doing the biz....lol) or have i mentioned him before...lol.........retro andy....etc...etc........soz if iv'e missed anyone out.....but it's 07.36 now...and i'm typing like a wafflingo room member............anyway........big BIG thank you to EVERYONE who turned up :thumbsup: .....erm it's 07.39 now..lol....what was i talking about(grover get's a nudge off his wife to go to bed)............right...............ooh....it's 07.41 now...lol.........(coming dear..lol :p )......anyway...all i was trying to say was ...i hoped you all enjoyed yourselves ;) and you enjoyed the tunes......i'm off to bed now :wave: .........peace :love:

grover

Jun 5, 2003
reet

right...it's 7.54am now...lol...but gotta say.....my ears are still ringing from the TOP mc'ing down my earhole....from sj's big brother ;) .....and the no1 mc....dannster :D :thumbsup: ..........it's nice people like yourselves that makes this night so special :love:

grover

Jun 5, 2003
wow

how smashed am i now...........just remembered someone else....lol......it's 08.50ish.........hello tigger :D

grover

Jun 5, 2003
and.........

................and mc maddox.........reet i'm deffo going to bed before the wife files for divorce....LOL :$

MC MADDOX

Nov 10, 2002
grover said:
................and mc maddox.........reet i'm deffo going to bed before the wife files for divorce....LOL :$

Best nite ive been 2 in ages. The tunes and the folk were 1st class Cheers Grover

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Brilliant night, class choons, really friendley atmosphere (for liverpool) thanx so much 2 sarah 4 organising it all! and the sesh is still going at dannsters, v. greatfull for letting us all come back n being such a good host! defo have 2 turn this into a monthly trip. Helooooo to all the ppl that were there 2nite, my lovely eddy, maddox, dannster, sarah, noz, joker, shabba, tigger, retroandy,jamie, ste, Tall friggin pall (enjoy ur hol sweetie!) vinylanimal, biggster danny m jaxx untoe n all the friendly scousers who said heyloooo!!!!! n anyone iv 4gotten, fab 2 see u all, n we'll do it all over again nxt time x x x

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Just a quick one 'cos just about to leave for the airport - but ABSOLUTE QUALITY once again :D

Superb range of tuneage & THE friendliest crowd you'll find anywhere.

Nice one to all the OSA peeps who come down & the Hayzy regulars

Will get the photies sorted when I get back!

Laterz, P :thumbsup:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Absolute tip top night once again :D Tunes were spot on, especially in the upstairs bit. Atmosphere's unrivaled anywhere in the country.

Great to see more OSA peeps make it this time. Big shouts in particular to Tigger, Tag (from Anthems), Grover (excuse my cheekiness!) and S-J (absolutely top lass :thumbsup: ).

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
"AbsolutLey MeGa"

:wave: Firstly...

"Bigg up your chest's" To each and every single one of you that came & Played out last night!!! You guys are the best!!! :D :D :D

My Krew You've all been shouted on here :thumbsup: Full respect to the whole god damm lot of you!!! :love: :love:

But a special thanks to the man Like Din-Dan & the one and only retro for helping me organise S*it!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And a Big Thank YOu to Grover and his lovely Wifey for your warm hosipitality from the minute we got on your Porch!! :king:

But this for me, will definatley be a monthly trip up and over the M62!! After all the Stressful & C*appy weekends out that we have experinced as of late... Guys... Once again my swinGg came back tonight!! :p :p

Mart - Hope the wedding went well?? Was thinking of you all!!

Thank You, Thank You and errrr, One more Thank YOu!!! :love: :love:

S-J xxx :hubba:

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
Absolutely blinding night :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: loved every minute of it phones: phones: phones:

the crowd, as already mentioned, was fantastic .... with almost every person in there knowing every tune, even the less known ones ..... you just dont see those kind of reactions to old-house tunes anymore ..... :love: the music was fantastic, with loads of variety .... the policy was a couple of acid/beat tunes, followed by a blindin piano toon .... quality. :)

shout out to all the usual osa lot who make it so feckin good :thumbsup: and to pluto and mart for sortin it all out .... bleedin eck, i'm still buzzin ..... and still singin phase II - reachin ... what a tune to end on, like the djs both said 'so meaningful' phones: loved hearin the more obscure beasts n'all .... including that awesome mix of 'hey music lover', i want that baby ....

only downer for me was hearing that there was an upstairs playin quality shit n'all .... didnt find out till end, but no bother as it was so damn good downstairs :)

Danny :thumbsup:

Last edited:

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
Cheers Grover for putting on a top night!!!!!!!!!!!

Dannster you were were a diamond as always for your wonderfull hospitality and unique MC'ing.

Huge big thnks to S-J for the organisation we wouldn't have been there without you, it was deffo worth all the hassle in the end (thats easy for me to say!!!!!!)

Thanks to everyone else who was there and made it such a top night, especially the suprise guest appearance from the one and only M Jaxx who finally managed to haul his ass out!!!!!!!!!

See y'all soon.
xxxxxxxxxxx

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
grad said:
really gutted we missed this. :(

sounds like you all had a blast and that hazydayz is going from strength to strength.

definatley definately will be at next months.
You two were missed mate. Hope the cats ok btw :)

Andy

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
retroandy said:
Fantastic night fella :thumbsup:

Too mullered to post a sensible review but will do laters ;)

Andy
Right now i ave finally got my arse out of bed here goes my review.

If any of you aint been ya need to make it number one priority. It was a fantastic night. Made by the brilliant venue the class tunes and more importantly the CREW (ya know who ya all are:p )

I personally didnt know many of the tunes that were played as they are a little earliy for my taste BUT i still bounced around to most of em when i could. Its a very different night to both goodtimes and timeless which is one reason i think its gonna be well popular with us lot.

Now the thanks

1st off all to S-J for the fantastic organisation chick. I know it took a hell of a lot to do but was well worth it in the end. :D

2nd to Din Dan for hosting a fantastic after party back at dannsters palace.

3rd to Joker for picking me up in manc land and dropping me off again. Its appreciated ;)

4th to the organisers for making us feel well welocome. Even the reduced price on the door which really said a lot guys.

5th Tall paul and Jonno. I know ya wont read this till ya get back TP but thanks guys :p

and last of all the rest of the crew and spesh the drivers for whom we would never have got there at all.

Thanks

Andy