Hazydayz 'Quad Park Reunion'

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
Last night was our fourth Hazydayz event. After the success of the DJ Vertigo and Altern 8 nights in previous months, I was beginning to wonder if we could get any better. In the back of my mind I thought maybe we'd found our peak and I secretly hoped that we weren't going to 'burn out' too quickly...

Well, last night laid all those (minor) fears firmly to rest. What an excellent night. The club was full by midnight and the dance-floor was well and truely rocking, particularly during Andy Carroll's set, which for me has to be one of the major highlights. When he dropped 'Melodies Of Passion'....oh my god, I thought I really was going to wet meself! He admitted after everyone had left how he was very close to saying 'no' to us. The last 'old skool' night he'd played was 11 years ago and he didn't enjoy it that much, but said he loved last night and would (possibly) be up for it again (so watch this space!!)

Andy for me, having seen him 'back in the day' at Amnesia and tons of others, is a total legend and an ambition of mine last night was well and truely fulfilled. From 12.30 onwards all 3 DJ acts, who were ALL excellent, were behind the decks RIGHT UNTIL THE END of the night. Mike Knowler with a brilliant warm up (now that man can fill a dancefloor!), Andy C up next and rocking, plus Paul from K Klass, which I didn't see too much of, but the dancefloor was still full at 3am. Each were bouncing tune ideas off the other and having a downright good time. This really, really helped drive the atmosphere and some amazing tunes were played, many I haven't heard ANYWHERE since 'back then'. And you know the best thing is...we've managed to capture it all on tape...wahey!

The night was topped off with Paul from K-Klass dropping Frankie Knuckles 'Your Love' and disappearing for the whole tune onto the dancefloor... (lol - what he didn't see was Andy C then mucking about with his pitch control :fekked:)

Above all tho, none of this would have worked without the crowd. Rammed and rocking for most of the night and yet another amazing atmosphere. I can honestly say I have never felt people as luvdup as they have been at the last few Hazydayz since at least 1990. I s**t u not. Hugs, kisses, friendly chats...superb!

:love:

Big, massive thank-you to all you people on OSA and Anthems and their friends/partners who came along. I know I met a few of u, Tag, Jonno (it was the 'Tunnel Mix' of Jomanda m8, not the Dub - sorry), Marchwiel, Sweet etc. TP - I was buzzin' off your waves to me from the dancefloor - keep 'em coming! I'm really sorry I didn't chat much, but I'm going to make sure me and Grover make a b-line for the next OSA night, so we can get to spend some time on the dancefloor 'finding our swing'!!! Oh, and did I meet Pauly P last night or was that my imagination??? I sure someone said they were 'Paul' of OSA when I was handing out lollies, but I couldn't hear a thing, sorry.

:icecream:

Anyway, I hope those who came enjoyed this night as much as I did. We've got shed loads planned for the new year, can't say too much just yet, but you might just like our 'Love In' in February....:love:!

Next Hazydayz is on January 31st and is back at the usual time of 11pm until 3am and only a fiver in max, but unfortunately I won't be there. There's just the small matter of me getting married on that day (!), but Grover and the team will be hosting a 'Return to The Coconut Grove' night with the old residents from that infamous night, which for veterans of the Liverpool club scene will hold some very special memories...

Take care and send us an e-mail or pm for info and the like...

Cheers!

Mart
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
Oops...sorry Pauly....:$

No, deffo not Tall Paul - I met him at Altern 8, although he was there last night too.

Ah well, if anyone called 'Paul' (or something similar!) on here said hello last night on the steps to the seated bit when I had me lollipops, I apologise for being unable to hear u... :crazy:

Mart
:rolleyes:

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
top tunes, top atmosphere, top peeps - 1 of the best nights this year. :party:

fookin loved it, everybody was really up for it which makes all the difference. tunes were a really good mixture - some of the dj'ing was a bit rusty but it didn't matter one bit.

mart and grover you've got a really good thing going there, keep it up. we'll be back in the new year some time.

- oh and a very big thank you to TP for his hospitality and driving us there and back. you're a star.

Last edited:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
CAN I JUST COMMENT THAT THIS WAS A FOOKING AMAZING NIGHT
Right there you go lol

Tunes were great, a mixtue of proper anthems and a few unknowns

What I couldnt get over was the reaction to the tunes, proper everyone right on it bouncing around, smiley faces, NO ATTITUDE

I was in great company that night also...

Met Grover & Mart briefly upstairs in the living room thing with the calor gas fire and everything!!:crazy:

Had a mint after party, got well mashed, talked bollax for hours, no change there then:p

Will deffo be visiting again, I suggest you all go there to have a great time. GUARANTEED

Shouts to Tall Paul for his hospitality, Sweet n Grad for theirs too

Dannster, SJ (cheers for lift down hun), Noz and Debbie were there but left early.

Rock on Tommy I tell thee, proper fookin bo night:cool:

Omg !!! What a fookin night ! :drum:

After having been really ill over xmas, I was feeling a bit rough going to this :S but I tell you something if you want something to make you feel better then go to HazyDayz :thumbsup:

First of all it has really friendly door staff, who were giving out free light things and were extrememly helpful to me :D

The place was rocking almost immediately, the music was the absolute tops, like ste said proper piano quad anthems and some wicked unknown stuff...its been a while where Ive gone to an old skool night and not known quite a few of the tunes...;)

The atmosphere was amazing, it was like being back in 91, screams when certain tunes were on, proper buzzing faces. I even danced on the stage :eek: ;) The djs were also really friendly, think I mithered Mike Knowler for a bit tho :$ but he acknowledged me everytime :thumbsup:

Really liked the chillout bit too, was well comfy :)

Had an absolute ball, was in bloody great company and also met some top people there too (apart from the guy who kept asking me if I thought he was gorgeous :crazy: and insisted on me having a photo with him :S lol)

Nice one to Mart and Grover, only met you briefly but nice one, was a nice surprise what you did ;)

Ive got some wicked piccies from this....

I cant stop raving about this night, it was one of the best nights out Ive had this year. I will definatley be coming again :thumbsup: :party: :roll: :p :D ;)

And big huge cheers to Tall Paul, you are an absolute star :king: and I hope Jenny is ok now ;) lol she was well funny and top girl and top mashup conversations and ha ha bop it was well funny, the faces you were pulling TP :crazy:

It was a shame dannster and that left early, but never mind theres always next time ;)

Sweet (who's still rather fooked :fekked:)xxx

grover

Jun 5, 2003
thank you

massive thanks to everyone that came......was great to meet some board members.....like ste huxley and sweet sensation(sorry for nearly squeezing yas to death when you introduced yourselfs:D lol) tall paul, grad , jonno, marchweil and the rest of the gang..................it's peolpe like you that make this night so special..proper clubbers who are right into their music and having a good time..............the atmosphere was just like a night in the quad and eveyone had a big smile on their face:D ............can't wait for the next 1:love:

Last edited:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
This was an old skool night in every sense of the term. The tunes were blinding. True proper old skool tracks, the emphasis being on piano and house classics rather than rave or hardcore that seems to be played by a lot of the "old skool" dj's which isn't really my bag (and wasn't really a part of the original scene either come to think of it). The only "hard" stuff was some early Belgium pumping classics played by Andy Carroll at the start of his set which stayed true to the old skool ethos. I don't think I heard anything later than 91 played the whole night!

It was the atmosphere inside the club which made the night totally though - it was unrivaled to anything I've seen since about 91. My mates had an unbelievable time an all especially Lee who I don't think I saw without a huge grin on his face.

Great to see the usual suspects and meet a couple of new faces (that'll be Mart and Grover).

Absolutely stunning night all round.

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Think most of its been said already :D

Had an absolute stormer of a night! Spent most of it jumping up and down and screaming.

Superb tunes, plenty of classics, but also plenty of less obvious ones getting an outing.

Nice one to the OSA peeps Sweet, Grad, Jonno & mates, Steh, Dannster, Debbie, S-J & Noz.
Nice to meet Grover this time right at the end of the night :) and of course, Mart.

mart said:

Above all tho, none of this would have worked without the crowd. Rammed and rocking for most of the night and yet another amazing atmosphere. I can honestly say I have never felt people as luvdup as they have been at the last few Hazydayz since at least 1990. I s**t u not. Hugs, kisses, friendly chats...superb!

Spot on! Definitely the thing which makes this night so special is that everyone in there is bang into it, absolutely lovin it & very clearly showing it :thumbsup:

mart said:

Oh, and did I meet Pauly P last night or was that my imagination??? I sure someone said they were 'Paul' of OSA when I was handing out lollies, but I couldn't hear a thing, sorry.

Could be Grad?? His 'real' name is Paul.

Absolute quality, can't wait for the next one!