Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Just thought i'd say i had a top night last night!! It was great to meet everyone again and also the ones i havent! Shooms, Konspiracy, Tall Paul, Mad matty, DeeDee, S-J, ClaireB, Cayler, A-J, Quey, Vinylanimal, Untoe, Jennyfromthebloc and im sure there were others! :crazy:

Music was top and everybody was friendly! Woody was on top form again!! :fekked: :thumbsup::fekked: Had a good boogey later on, for those of you that dont know me, i was the one with SPAM RULES on her back! (Cheers Dannster!!;) )

Shabba- Hope you managed to remove the beard!:vandyk:

Hope to see you all soon! Take care and a Very Merry Christmas to you all !!

Trace!! :D

xmas-smiley-045.gif

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Yeah the music was on form as usual.

Didn't always notice who was on, but on the few times I noticed some crackin tunes bein played it was Grad an Ste givin it some.Well done lads (an everyone else).

I've already put a load of waff in 't'other bit!' so won't go on.

..but crackin night an great to see all you peeps again:thumbsup:

clicksmilies8071.png

Last edited:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Well I had mint night. It was a pleasure playing summat a little different, when I finally cracked the code to open my record bag lolol The problem was that the lock was wrong way round!!!!
As the combination lock numbers appear on both sides.

Lol had everyone working on it, VA, Bunny Girl.

It would have taken about 5 secs under normal circumstances, but everything takes ages and is a proper mission when your in a club lolol:D

TUNES WERE BOB ON ALL NIGHT, BOTH UPSTAIRS AND DOWNSTAIRS. There was a proper good atmos downstairs for most of night, and upstairs was ace to see all the OSA'ers havin it!! Just wish there were more OSA'ers there. Hint hint, it would be good idea to have an dual room event like this again, I reckon the upstairs room could get rammed after a few events of the same kind:D

Shouts to Butty for sortin the sound system out, 1 to Grad for doin the biz when all the sound probs were being sorted. Ive been there and its a bit off putting, but you did me proud bud. Pauly me for playing loads of tunes I aint even heard b4, and to Biskit, same as m8, shouts to the 3 deck maestros ad and danny ya did really well lads, some creative ideas flowing there;)

Really enjoyed my set took a chance with a few tunes, i.e Holy Noise - get down everybody but it went down proper bo I tell theee, nice 1 OSA for dancing;) Appreciate your support.

Didnt get to hear much of Jonnos set but what I heard was well mint. Dropping a few funkies like rotation and lovebase nice 1 fella:D

Went about 3:15 or thereabouts.

Respect to the usual crew you know who you are:) and to the peeps I hadnt met b4, like Jonnykip, Konspiracy, Paulyp, Bunnygirl, and probs some others that Ive forgotten but they are just as important as the names I remembered lol:crazy:

Anyway love you all:D

Gonna waffle some more in the other forums now:eek: :| :crazy: :condom:

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
Miss saysay said:
Shabba- Hope you managed to remove the beard!:vandyk:

xmas-smiley-045.gif

That was a bleeder to get off by the way!

*Note to self, don't draw a comedy beard on face with permanant marker pen.*

There's some classic piccies of it knocking about somewhere too!!!!!!!!

Cheers everyone for a topety toptop night, i've been walking and talking like ossy osbourne since i got home but apart from that i'm doing ok now.

See y'all soon.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

ClaireW

Aug 1, 2003
Manchester
Just wanted to say had a great night on Saturday

Really nice to meet all the peeps I havent met before and especially Tracey (Miss saysay) .. what would I have done without those name badges we made.

Music was great atmosphere was great and thanks to Butty and everyone for putting it on !!

Sorry to Bunnygirl and Pauly P but I did make you a name badge as Lee (Nowthen) said you mustnt have claimed it.
:cry:

Hope everyone has a great xmas and new year and I hope to see you all again soon.

x

italian style

Feb 22, 2002
wakefield
overall had a top top night and first would like to thank butty for the invite to dj there, cheers bud. it was a plesure
top set from grad with some absolute blindin tunes
also pauly 's mixin was a++++ and the tune s were spot on too
bisket a little fast for my tastin but is very talented with extremly fast minxin goin on, looks like ya been workin on that 1 great hear ya live bud
ste also a very top set glad to hear sub sub and the underground mix of cartouch 'feel the groove'
jonno alot of peeps was really enjoyin ya set (includin me) absolutly shit that the cut u off only half way through was lovin the set, wouldn't mind hearin the other half some time.

glad to meet shrooms after all this time, also johnny kip. good to catch up wiv every 1 else too.

speak soon
adam :D :D

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
"SmaaaaaaaShin"

:D Absolute Belter of a Night!!! :D

I got to put a lot of Faces to Names on Saturday which was Mint!!!

"Bigg Up your Chest to Dannster" for his Debut apperance!!! :thumbsup: Told you, that you would Be "Top Bannna"

Good Sets, very enjoyable :thumbsup: By the ones I can Remember, By: Tall Paul, Rick Jones & Of course "Butty & Recca" :eyebrow:

Lovely to meet the Top Birdz that were there, Miss SaySay, ClaireB & A-J :luv:

The Top Birdz that I knew already who proper got the place bouncing, Jennyfromthebloc, MissC (Go On Bird!!) Shabba, Sweet & Joker (ThankQ for being an absloute Babe)

The Boyz!! Shoomster You Little Ray of Sunshine you!! Untoe Live & Direct from Ireland Town!!! Glad to have you.. Johhny Kip really hope your Speech has returned today??? :fekked: LoL RetroAndy, Nice to finally get the correct Head on you!!! ha ha Woody... Go On My son!! LoL Thank YOu for highly entertaining me all Night!!!!

Finally the rest of You Usual Suspect's being in the Name Of, Lotz of love to My Bro, MC Maddox first of all, Liquid E, Dannster, (Thanx for letting the Madness continue round at your House after!!) Butty, Tall Paul, and Finally Lotz of Love and thanx for looking after me to my Babey... Noz!

Really hope I got you all on here?? If Not forgive me... Rushing to get this post up on My Lunch break!!

Thanx Again.... Hope you all have a "Proper Bo, Crimbo!!"

S-J xxx

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
italian style said:
also pauly 's mixin was a++++ and the tune s were spot on too:D
bisket a little fast for my tastin but is very talented with extremly fast minxin goin on,

Had a top night and really enjoyed Pauly's set, seemed flawless (Except wiv the 2 big birds knockin the needle off :mad: ) and a nice steady rhythm through out. I remember upto 'Glam - My Mother said', n then my hearing n vision went a little pear shaped lol :D Sorry for being a tad bit ignorant to Neil, Sweet Sensation n the others who came up2 me while on the decks, but its pretty damn hard to mix, change pitch n chat when ur fecked :|

italian style said:
a little fast for my tastin but is very talented with extremly fast minxin goin on,

As Italian Style said, there was some very fast mixin goin on due to the speed of the mix! But the mix was probs only around 130/135 bpm, everything was balanced for q-words (which is slow)
Cheerz to Adam for makin a point of saying you enjoyed the mix, even though it was a tad fast for ya ;) Really appreciated!! :D
And respect to you n Danny for actually goin for it n doin the 3 decks! :D TBH I couldnt believe that you couldnt get your head round the mixer :D
Top selection of tunes banged out by Grad, Ste H - need i say more, top mix! Also what a frikkin pisser... Jonno's set being cut off half way through, I feel for ya m8. At least you got to drop that classic DJ Pierre tune!!

italian style said:
looks like ya been workin on that 1 great hear ya live bud

lol the first four tunes were a new mix, as for the rest, I hadnt done that mix since 94 lol the back end of my mix was requested tunes!! And cheerz Eddy (Liquid E) for the beer, told you I'd try n get q-words in!

Right now the remembering names bit, n remember even if my chats were short n sweet, blame that on the substances...!

Nice to finally meet Shoomster, absolutely top bloke, happy happy joy joy, ur never stopped dancing m8 :D Untoe - top one for turning up, top one to finally meet ya :thumbsup: Pauly P n Claire - Where the hell were you hiding Claire?? I only saw you when you where ready for home! Grad n Sweet - lol finally got the chance to chat wiv ya Grad, nice one n you jammy begger 'Teknobit' :) Adam n Vicky - Nice to meet ya Vicky, soz if the convo was short, but I couldnt string a sentence together at that point lol :D Armando n Dee Dee - Very brief chat (again) :fekked: but top to see you there!! Neil Konspiracy - lol Youve caught the bug now, wanna see you out all the time m8 ;) Shabba - ??? The many stages of Chris Biskit... As spoken by Shabba 'This is how I remember you!' lol never knew I looked different everytime I saw u ;) top to c u again. Liquid E n Miss C - Cheerz for the beer m8 n glad to see no hard feelings (you know what I mean) :D
The usual suspects.. Rich VinylAnimal, Butty, Woody, Joker, Jonno, Ste H, Danny, Tall Paul, Dannster, Jonny kip, Jonkers, RetroAndy. If Ive missed anyone off, then sorry, as Ive now been writing this for nearly an hour n my memory is slowly deteriating!! Oh yes, just remembered, finally met Recca, just as I was about to leave! Nice to eventually meet ya m8 :thumbsup:
Oh and my Miss Cola (Nic) who's always by my side and makes me happy, what would I do without you!! :luv:

Last edited:

looby

Dec 28, 2002
manchester
yeah, i also had a top night:fekked:

memorys extremely shaded at the moment, dont think i met anyone off here(again!) n havent got a clue who was on or at what time , just know there were class tunes played all night upstairs and down

vibe downstairs was f'kin top, friendly as:D

would have been nice to see more people havin it upstairs, but like Ste Huxley said, a few more similar nights and upstairs will deffo start to fill up:rotate:

big respect to everyone that organized it, and of course the djs

nice one:thumbsup:

mad matty

Sep 23, 2003
Warrington
what a top night!! - one of the best i have had in my 7 month old skool life so far so roll on some more!!

nice to meet new peeps such as shooms, shabba, S-J, claireB, vinylanimal, butty, tall paul, jonno (shame about the set mate!!) and the others whose names i can't remember and nice to meet peeps i seen before like woody - brilliant faces all night long!! lol, retroandy, joker, dannster etc etc!!

cheers for invite back dannster and sorry to leave eraly but was fucked and wanted to drive home before i got worse as i was in work early this morning!! but thanks again - hope i didn't seem rude as that was not intended!!

all the dj's were ace and i gradually got into the upstairs stuff as i only really heard the more anthemy side so far!!!

hope to see you all again soon!!

Miss Cola

Feb 21, 2003
Chompin on biccie's.. *beep*;)
Well i had a top night sat nice one butty, :thumbsup: Nice to see some new faces, :D I was gettin a little worse for wear during biskits set :fekked: just kept looking at my watch thinking 15mins to go and i can have a sit down!! lol! :crazy:

Chris you was brilliant :love: really proud of you!! MUWAH!! :luv: :luv: :love: And to all the other osa djs that played! :thumbsup:

To many names to mention but a big :thumbsup: to everyone that said hello and came and had a chat with us!! ;)

One last thing, did any of the girls get lesbians trying it on with you?? OMG the first one was to miss saysay in the toilets and the nxt was with me and my m8 roz, :eek: I knew it was a gay club but bloody hell ya never think they would try it on when ya actually cuddled up with ya fellas! :| lol!! :|

Anyway was great to get out again but as i said i was :fekked: and them leather couches seemed oh so comfy once ya sat ya ass down so never really got the chance to say hello to most of you's!! :D

A BIG merry xmas to ya all!! :drum: :D

looby

Dec 28, 2002
manchester
Biskit said:
Ahhh looby where ya there m8, you should of come over!! Hopefully get to meet ya next time :thumbsup:

yeah mate, i was there, floating about!!

was way too trashed to speak to anyone tho, let alone try n suss out who was off here:ghost:

will make the effort next time fella:D

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
was a top night but like someone's said it went far too fast.

some top class tunes got played upstairs, I can't comment on downstairs as I was only down there for about 10 minutes but upstairs was just as i expected tune wise, it would of been nice to see it a bit busier. My only complaint was the guys running it..:axe:, proper mithering me, kept telling me to turn the volumes down and put the gains on full !?!?!?!? and i'm sure his smoke machine button (the orange one) was linked directly to his love eggs, so thanks to butty for sorting the sound problems out in the end. and the excuse for cutting jonno off mid set was pathetic...like we'll come again so you can cut us off again, erm o.k. Jonno can you get that mix recorded and upped, i'd love to hear it in it's full glory..and well done adj and danny, looked like you were battling to keep that set going..top stuff.

was great to see everyone again and the new additions to the family, untoe and konspiracy, two top lads ( but what else do you expect?) great to meet you both, hope you'll both be out again soon.

and to everyone else who was there, it's the people more than anything that make these nights so special. It's still a bit of a blur but I can remember shabba and her tache, dannster having a clean up, stomping to a tune then realising it was jingle bells (loved it), having a good natter with biskit at last and top mixing with visa, some lurverly looking ladies - my baby :love:, bunnygirl - tis not a prison face ??, miss saysay - doing her bit for spam, miss cola, jennie and her perfect arse :$ and shabba even with the tache. and all the usual suspects you know who you are - too long to list.

twas top back at the dansters too..getting to hear the mc dannster in full flow - mint, i reckon this would be mad in a club...and discovering the subliminal messages in prodigy - rip up the sound system..all quality stuff.

shame it went so fast but no doubt we'll all be at it again soon.. :thumbsup:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Oooops Sorry Matty!!!

mad matty said:
what a top night!! - one of the best i have had in my 7 month old skool life so far so roll on some more!!

nice to meet new peeps such as shooms, shabba, S-J, claireB, vinylanimal, butty, tall paul, jonno (shame about the set mate!!) and the others whose names i can't remember and nice to meet peeps i seen before like woody - brilliant faces all night long!! lol, retroandy, joker, dannster etc etc!!

cheers for invite back dannster and sorry to leave eraly but was fucked and wanted to drive home before i got worse as i was in work early this morning!! but thanks again - hope i didn't seem rude as that was not intended!!

:$ Hya Matty Love!!! Ooops sorry!! Forgive me for missing you off my shout out List!! I knew there was somebody else that I met and it was you!!! and it were Top!!! Very nice to meet you!!

I'm soooooo Glad you have Finally found Old Skool!! Mate.. It will sooooothe Your Soul!!! :D

S-J xx

italian style

Feb 22, 2002
wakefield
Biskit said:
TBH I couldnt believe that you couldnt get your head round the mixer :D

i thought you couldn't either, every 1 we asked didn't know what were goin on:confused: when it was set up at the start every channel was workin, then when we came on, only 2 would work at once.

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
italian style said:
i thought you couldn't either, every 1 we asked didn't know what were goin on:confused: when it was set up at the start every channel was workin, then when we came on, only 2 would work at once.

If it was alright at the start, then somewhere along the line, someones accidently switched summit. :axe: I should of been there at the very start to make sure everything was O.K - soz lads!! :D

untoe

Oct 25, 2001
belfast
what a quality night!!!! Was good to finally put faces to names.Really lookin forward to next one of these nights;).
big :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to dannster nice mix to start the night. didnt hear much of the tunes downstairs after that, qualtiy sets from all the osa dj's upstairs:D:D haven't heard some of the tunes played there in years. Tune of the night for me was mr luthero - rotation :phones: :phones: :phones:
big thanks to S-J for organising night out for me and everyone else for making me feel right at home with ya's all. Gonna be workin in england for next yr, so will hopefully get to a few more of these!!

Thanks Mark.