Nov 12, 2002
Leeds - Home of Relegation football
just wondered what u folks's fav / most hated adds are at the mo on tv

i love the busta rhymes 1's for virgin bling bling

BUT

that fkin mingles add ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

u just know they called em mingles coz it rhymes with singles

the dettori thorntons adds are annoying aswell

its chocolate .......not a fkin nobel peace prize or the gift of a new kidney ....sheeeesh

*gets off soapbox*

ur turn ;)

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
The last time i watched tv was a few monts ago so they are a little dated.........

I like the one for nike (i think its nike) where they are playing musical chairs:)

I hate the one for Sennocot where the mum and daughter share toilet secrets, and then its all smiles and off they go shopping:S

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I hate any bodily function adverts.......expecially the Kandoo and Air Freshner ones where theres some little brat taking a dump 'the king of the throne' and then they inform us how soft and tear proof the bog paper is........errm not a nice image whist munching your tea is it, either you or (even worse) somebody else tearing through a sheet of bogroll mid wipe. lol. :hurl:
What next?, physically showing somebody having a dump and wiping thier arse? We know what bog roll is, a simple advert would suffice without getting technical.

I hate most adverts (as you may guess, lol), Im trying to think of a good one....lol....there are some great ones!!, Im just stuck for thinking of one at the minute!

I liked the John smiths one.......where its a diving competition and its Britains turn, lol, and he does a bomb splash. lol.

Sirius.

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
No no no, by far, THE most annoying advert on TV is that specsavers one where the man n woman r meant 2 b on some talk show n he gets his glasses changed to some frm specsavers n he looks even fekking worse. Its on about a squillion times a day :mad:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Yeah thats SO annoying. Its like "I cant carry on in this relationship, its your glasses, theyre the worst Ive ever seen" lol. Well, if your that superficial you silly mayre, the blokes best off out of it anyway. lol.

Sirius.

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I think glasses are ace, lol infact i have a pretend pair that i wear for presentations and such like, and honestly people really do take you more seriously:S

I think men look lovely in them, makes them look like they are thinking something thoughtfull when lets face it- its more then likely about food or sex really.

:)

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Amelie said:
I think glasses are ace, lol infact i have a pretend pair that i wear for presentations and such like, and honestly people really do take you more seriously:S

I think men look lovely in them, makes them look like they are thinking something thoughtfull when lets face it- its more then likely about food or sex really.

I think theyre a turn off on blokes. Wudnt touch one that wore em. Bring on the contacts i say.

N on that bloomin specsavers advert, av u noticed how her glasses are miles worse than his!!

it really gets my backup...lol

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Yeah but surley if someone is attractive to you then they are still so with glasses, and then thier glasses become attractive as its part of them? What they have/are suddenly becomes what you consider great as you like them anyway.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I hate those adverts for shampoo too, which say it contains "Nutrillium" or some false shite that sounds technical but is so full of shite its unreal.

I hate the way they say you hair will *LOOK* healthy and shiney........they never say it *makes* your hair healthier or revitalised, only Look it! lol. Yeah, Ill pour ten tons of chemicals on my head every day to LOOK like I have healthy hiar, when infact I will probably lose my hair more for using it! lol.

There used to be a saying about girls in glasses never get passes or sommet, looks like its same in reverse too!.

See ya

Sirius.

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Very true actually. its mad what ppl accept once there in love wiv some1, at first its all good impresions n then the woman gets fat n droopy n the man becomes an alchoholic

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
the ad i hate most at the moment is the VO5 ad with the diving woman...
she makes the VO5 sogn with her hand then says....
"who ever u r... wot ever you do...shine" aaarrrggghhhhhh:mad: :mad: :mad:

there r loads of ads i don't like, i'm always saying something like..."FFS this is the most stupid advert on tele" but now i can't think of them

jayne x

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Miss C is probably correct about spec's, cos I remember reading that its a subliminal or chemical reaction in females that happens without any control, any defect in a man such bas bad eyesight or anything else is subconciously recognised and recorded, becuase its the evolotion thing working overtime.....they wouldnt want thier babies to have short sightedness etc.

I know it probably sounds awful, and patronising, but alegedly its a proven fact.

I cant do with adverts which have some bloke looking REALLY thick with a mop in his hand or a washing powder box or something, and women are having a damn good laugh or tutting in a 'silly old men' style way. That pisses me off. If we are going to have equal rights, lets have it both ways shall we.

The Carlsberg 'probably' adverts are good.

Sirius.

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
just thought of another... the archers advert were the french bloke is muttering "arshers" over and over and wearing less and less clothes, he aint even nice looking he's a fekkin minger, for god sake this annoys me a lot!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

jayne x

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
sirius said:
Miss C is probably correct about spec's, cos I remember reading that its a subliminal or chemical reaction in females that happens without any control, any defect in a man such bas bad eyesight or anything else is subconciously recognised and recorded, becuase its the evolotion thing working overtime.....they wouldnt want thier babies to have short sightedness etc.

I know it probably sounds awful, and patronising, but alegedly its a proven fact.

I cant do with adverts which have some bloke looking REALLY thick with a mop in his hand or a washing powder box or something, and women are having a damn good laugh or tutting in a 'silly old men' style way. That pisses me off. If we are going to have equal rights, lets have it both ways shall we.

The Carlsberg 'probably' adverts are good.

Sirius.

Subliminal maybe, but not a chemical reaction. A chemical reaction would just raise your resting potention to decide wether or not someone would cause enough stimulation to be viewed as potentially attractive. I can understand that we are primarly reproductive beings, hense subconciously finding a good mate, but i think that our brains are capable of deciphering what is classed as acceptable or not relation to futre offspring, and i really dont think that glasses would cause alarm. Glasses are merely a corective devise, and i think we have the inteligence to suss that out and not put us off certain types.

Lol i agree with you on the equality front though- feminism (the dirty word it has become) pisses me off as much as sexism:S

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
amelie u blagger lol

that bird is on the currys/comet whichever who care, cos of im a celebrity get me on here

and as for the specsavers ad, jesus how annoying, saw it the first time on the cumdown and it must of been on every break :mad:

yeah the carlsberg ones are clever

cant think of a good one at the moment but the coca cola one always puts a smile on my face

'holidays are cumin holidays are cumin'

dan E boy

Oct 10, 2003
Stroud, Glos
any adverts with little kids in tend to be awful, but the worst has to be the effing disneyland ones. Especially the one where the children sneak in to their parents room to find them excitedly waiting for the morning so they can go off to disneyland. Both the parents and children need a good kicking.
Also the heat magazine advert is terrible, with that bitch going on about how she knows whats going on in the celebrity world. Stick your effing magazine up your effing arse.
You may have guessed that these adverts get me quite annoyed. This is because I'm doing a marketing degree, hoping to get into advertising and the no-talant w**kers responsible for all these adverts will probably be keeping me out of a job:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
On the plus side, I like the Stella advert with that bloke on the boat who goes into solitary confinement so he can have his bottle of Stella.