it worked ysterday mornin, i go out all day, come bk and it dont
cant test the AC power supply coz nowt else is the same size
i wanna mix dammit!

well try anyway lol
any ideas why it aint comin on ppl?

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
has the plug got a fuse m8? or is that what youre on about? lol. You sometimes get power surges that can knock audio type gear out on the fuses.

I wouldnt advise poking around inside with a screwdriver whilst its plugged in though, lol.

Could be a dodgy flick switch, when I got my keyboard a few years back I switched it off one day and it never came back on....I tried all the fuses, plug sockets, etc, but I flicked it really hard and it came on - and kept doing this, but it had to be sent back becuase it got worse.

Most likely - Either the fuse has blown, or the switch isnt functioning on the circuit, or its dead and needs mending (with a new one,,lol) at a local Dj type/tv repiar type store.

Ps, Im guessing.

See ya

Sirius.

ste30

Aug 31, 2001
Warrington
theres no on/off switch
just power from the wall, which my cpu is running off right now so cant be that. the AC power supply is boxed in, cant unscrew it at the plug end so dunno, n dont fancy openin the beast wouldnt no where to start. only had it 4 weeks am gonna mail the webby n see what they say

thx anyway man

grover

Jun 5, 2003
adaptor

do you know anyone that has the same mixer or a mixer that uses the same adaptor.......it might be the adaptor thats knackered....try this first before getting the mixer checked out;)

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Ah right, its one of them bastarding black molded three pin plugs is it? lol. There should still be a little (albeit camouflaged) plastic area which you can prise open with a screwdriver usually central between the three prongs, this will reveal your little 3 amp or 5 amp fuse or whatever it is.

NO on off switch? Chriiiist almighty!. Anywayz. I wouldnt crack open the case either, spesh if you dont know what to look at. Obviously if you have an adaptor like Grover, it could be that, or something like a dry solder on the chipset/board where the power is applied.

Im an engineer, not an electrician anyway, so I could be sprouting bollox, but in my experience thats what it my be! lol. Now ask me what the drilling size is for an M6 Metric screwthread, or how many tons it will take to pierce a hole circumference of 123.78mm through mild steel thats 1.2mm thick - I may be able to help you out......no? alrighty then :rofl:

Good luck m8

See ya

Sirius.