Horror movies....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Myk

Can anyone recommend any good horror movies. Recently Ive seen quite a few but most of them just ain't scarey at all. I thought Identity was good although its not really horror. I also thought "Wrong Turn" was one of the best films in its genre right now, atleast it made me jump a few times and the make-up was brilliantly done. So has anyone seen any real horror films lately that are worth my while ?

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
The telltale sign of a crappy cheesey horror movie is the treid and tested cat going "Miiiieeeeeiiiiwww" and flying out from nowhere, lol.

Ive not seen a truelly frightening film for years. Ive seen disturbing films like reservoir dogs etc, but it aint horror really. I never got into the whole 'something in the woods' things. I need sommet that twists and warps your mind! lol.

ste30

Aug 31, 2001
Warrington
bittorent is ok, u shud try www.ircspy.com too, its piss to use, just loads IRC and joins the channel for u, u paste the command in and it dls. and u ever get "timed out" or no seeds or whatever

bone collector is ok i suppose
not seen any good horror films for a while actually

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
' Brotherhood of the wolf 'is a minter mick.

Its kinda horror/kung fu!!!

Its a french film with subs, but its one of teh best films I've seen for years.

Well worth checkin out, an its on Kazaa, cos thats where i got it!

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
got wrong turn ready to watch, there's a dvd rip out now, looking forward to this just for the dushku factor :p :p

have heard cabin fever is pants, not seen it though, but apart from that not seen a good horror flick in ages..

ZENZEN

Jun 13, 2002
Northern Ireland
www.coachniteclub.com
Have you seen Final Destination 2?? Some gory parts in it mate and the accident scene at the start is mad!

I'm trying to think of gore for you, used to be an avid horror fan and collector. Cannibal Holocaust was one gory show, although it's a 70's release. Another one if you can get it is Faces of Death, absolutely crazy shit on that show.

Used to have 30 or so of the banned DPP original video releases, but sold them all on eBay to make room for records. Only one I kept was a rare release of the Burning.

Have you ever seen Last House on the Left??

fugjostle

Oct 12, 2001
Leek
www.fugjostle.com
The Ring - top flick, has to be wtached on a decent sound system

Final Destination 2 - Much better than the first, especially the girl trapped in the car scene

Darkness Falls - Good movie but you have to watch it at night with the sound turned up

My Little Eye - Blair Witch meets Big Brother, good but a shite ending

The Others - Classic horror, make sure you turn up your bass.

13 Ghosts - worth a watch but prepare for a hollywood cheesey ending which ruins the film imho

Dog Soldiers - Great British werewolf flick... top film

digthemusic

Mar 25, 2002
burnley
fugjostle said:

Dog Soldiers - Great British werewolf flick... top film

Your right fug m8 this is a top film with a wicked twist at the end.I downloaded THE EYE months ago but have`nt got round to wathching it yet.It`s a japanese horror flick with english subbies and suppose to be well scary. :eek: :eek:

digthemusic

sped

Sep 5, 2002
wakefield
HOUSE OF A 1000 CORPSES... more like house of a 1000 craps..dont bother even watching it.. its well rubbish..Ya can tell why these types of films dont make it to the pictures..Im with the old stuff..cant go wrong with zombie films night, dawn and day of the dead..classics..tho return of the living dead was good in its time(funny but good).