Timeless@ Music Box, Manchester 8th August 03

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

marc@risky

Feb 19, 2003
Lancashire
Well its Saturday, the Sun is beaming down,and what a top night i had last night.
Yes youv'e guessed it Timeless@ the music box...... :phones:
This has got to be the best oldskool night i ave been to in a long, long time!!!!;)
This being my 1st event, was pleasently surprised when i 1st walked in to the venue, a small club underground with an atmosphere that almost lifted the roof! everybody was up for it, jumpin about and gettin into the music.
When i got there i think Recca was on the decks, what a set that was, some very fine tunes there indeed fella. By the way good to meet ya matey, you looked like you where avin it large fella lol!!!!
After a while Stu Allan appeard to an amazin roar of approval, starting his set of with Dream Frequency, & everyone in the place singin "only your loving takes me up to the top". It was mad just standing there liistening to everyone singin all at once lol, top vibes at this point in the night.
Daz Willot was up next playing all his usual tunes and chucking in some scratchin for good measure. I watched this guy for a while behind the decks, let me tell you the top was off and he was goin for it......
:crazy:

Last but not least was me!, and can i just say thanks to everyone for the warm welcome (and fek was it warm):cool:
Both fans where on behind those decks and i was sweatin me tits off lol...
no seriously tho! evryone was great, they where all up for it and going mad! lol
Cant wait to play there again, a top night was had by all i think????
A big thanks to quey(nice to meet ya mate)
Another big thanks to Butty(hope to see ya again soon fella)
A big hello to Recca, cos he was just goin for it in the dj booth! lol

And a big thanks to Dannie for the general base tune which i bought on ebay(he met me at timeless & droped it off) cheers fella, top tune by the way!!!

Thanks again fella's can anyone fill in the missing gaps, cos i probably missed loads out lol

Laterz Peeps

Marc Mackender

p.s anyone who aint been to timeless yet, i seriously sugest you get down there, top atmosphere, top tunes, really friendly peeps..

Miss Cola

Feb 21, 2003
Chompin on biccie's.. *beep*;)
Ive got to agree with you there m8 timeless @ music box is a top place and a top top night :thumbsup: even though i never attended this one the last one i went to i had n absolutely GREAT night, love the whole atmosphere of the place id say the darker the better!! :D :fekked: :drum:

woody

well :$ i cant remember hardly anything as per usual apart from it was the best nite yet !!! all i can vaguely recollect was dancing like a mad un in front of butty and TP that was before it all got messy!:confused: :fekked: :fekked:
i dont even remember sayin bye to blondie and the rochdale massif actually all i can remeber was grabbin the mike while butty was on and goin "dj butty!!!" and about 5 of me mates who were on the stage all turned round and went u can hear that thru the speakers!! :cops: :cops mc woody lolololol
top tunes again as per, only know coz i remember dancin loads n loads

anyway i'll be there again next month, wild horses couldnt keep me away!!!

ps easty what happened to u fella :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: lol

Recca

Jan 7, 2002
Manchester
Top Top night once again!!

Got down to the Paramount around 915 with Quey, met up with Woody, bigtruck, jennyfromthebloc, Retro Andy nice to meet ya fella:D a couple of others i think but cant remember:axe:

Butty was on first..... after arriving fashionably late, well who can blame him he was in a place where dreams are made and hearts are broken!! his pit lol.... he started the ball rolling nicely, not a set weve come acustomed to from Butty, being a bit slower than he would normally play but he keeps the same high standards of mixing and tuneage we all know about! Class

eve and puddleducks, nice to meet u gals, cin yas on the little stage all night, think well have to put a reserve sticker on it for yas!!

Tall Paul was next up and well.... im speachless, top top guy and a top top DJ, an excellent set fella, plays the tunes u wanna hear and the ones uve forgotten about!! enjoyed the natter and the boogie mukka:D and we did boogie!

mc domino burst on the scene, nice to finally meet ya m8, that red bull did give u wings, not sure if jimmy got a look in! lol

My turn next, think i did ok on my set but u can judge for yourselves www.timelessoldskool.com big big respect to easty who got me a drink at the start, nice one mukka, gonna make it to your night fella, glad its goin well!

Stu Allen got the usual roar of aproval from the crowd, playin his well known bouncy beats weve come to expect from him, another excellent set!

missed most of Daz Willots set...had to go to bank :mad: but from what i did hear he was good!! I can only remember 1 tune from dazs set now, prodigy - everybody in the place, its been goin round in my head since friday!!

Last but by no means least was Marc Mackender, nice to finally meet ya bud, not heard ya for a while and u certainly know how to get the crowd goin, y else dya think i was havin it large!! with a bit a scratchin thrown in and tunes galore all the way...quality!!

To those who i aint mentioned really sorry but my putty head cant remember:axe: was v drunk near the end, but nice one neway!:D :D

The night is goin from strength to strength and without u guys it wouldnt b possible big big big respect goin out to the osa posse, u guys make it even more spiecial!

Roll on the 19th September, for all u peeps who aint bin yet......what u waitin 4, its worth the wait though!!

Recca

Nuff respect to Quey and friends who make this possible every month :D im alive again;) lol

Domino

Jul 19, 2003
bronx
:spin: yep top night was had by all by the look on peps faces recca got my socks tingerling(what was in the red bull gave me 747 never mind wings) an that was it i was off backed up buy butty nice one gezza havent slept since need to get my head round the bouncer with the face covered in tats i know him ubut cannot think where top night queay once again mate will be there next time

bag shout to balled-rick aka rj av it

eve

VIP Silver Member
Jul 3, 2003
garden of eden
:D :D :D hello there everyone, back in the land of the livin at last... wot an absolutely top top nite. nice one to the lads for makin us feel so special with our reservation!!! big big thanks to butty quey and recca nice to meet ya fella's as u noticed we were rockin all nite, cant wait to see the fotos or not as i remember us lookin a bit hot n sweaty... just cant wait to do it again. well be there ususal place usual time.. see ya then byeeeeeeeee:thumbsup:

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Well finally managed to get to a timeless at last and i wat a night. The place seemed very busy and after about twelve o clock was really lively. Managed to get the in and caught half of butty's set which was a bit different to what i have heard before.

Then Tall pauls set which was unbelievable. I saw him at gt's and this even bettered that imo. I aren't to good with remembering tunes names but he played some corkers. Recca nice to meet you mate and i met your brother when woody got confused and thought it was you:p Top set to mate. I really cant remember much about the last couple of dj's as i spannered but the quality of the tuneage all night was fantastic.

Hi to any of you peeps of here that managed to get out. Scaz and Gfriend (sorry cant remember your name) And a big hi to Quey (your on to a winner with that place mate) Recca and bro. Woody for the directions and Butty for your assistance :p ;)

And hi to jen who didnt stop bouncing round the place ya nutter.

Oh and nearly forgot Hi to easty, tall paul and friend and anyone else i have forgotten.

Roll on the next one :p

And how could i forget the over the hills posse i came with. Danny, Biggie (nob), Italian style and not forgetting vicky(how was work on sat):p

And again i forgot Big truck nice to meet ya fella.

Last edited:

kickster 72

Jul 12, 2003
lancs
;) wot can i say.....top nite had by all...special thanks 2 butty & the rest of the crew.....top tunage top nite......deffo b back 4 more..... :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

Quey

Aug 21, 2002
manchester
www.timelessoldskool.com
What a mint night!! :D :D :D :D

Had a great time, dont remember a lot towards the end of the night cos I was mashed :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

Nice to meet loads of ya, too many to mention ;)

These night seem to be getting better, and its thanks to you lot!! Great atmosphere and cant wait to see some of the piccies. Bet you've got a few good ones Danny!

The mixes should be online v.soon. Cant wait for the next one! :mad:

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Quey said:
What a mint night!! :D :D :D :D

Had a great time, dont remember a lot towards the end of the night cos I was mashed :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

Nice to meet loads of ya, too many to mention ;)

These night seem to be getting better, and its thanks to you lot!! Great atmosphere and cant wait to see some of the piccies. Bet you've got a few good ones Danny!

The mixes should be online v.soon. Cant wait for the next one! :mad:

A few LOL i bet he has loads the way he was going on Friday:p ;)

Andy

Vicki!

May 8, 2003
Manchester
i had an absolutely wicked night, cant wait 4 nxt time. the atmosphere was great n i met loads of new folks!!

saw danny's photo's yesterday n they're not pretty :crazy: !!

vic xx

scaz

Apr 24, 2002
wigan
it was one of the best nights ive had for a long time.nice to meet everyone.

all the sets i heard butty tall pall,and espicially reccas where spot on.
heard about half of stu allans then missed have gone to sleep in the backroom.missed all of daz willot set.woke up for the last hour for marks set which was good with plenty of scratching and good selection of tunes to finish the night.

will deffinately be going in the future,well in quey.

Biggie

May 10, 2002
Manchester
top night once again was completeiy mashed can't remember meeting any one new off the board:crazy: :crazy: sorry every1

Butty m8 funny how it was after 2 oclock when you offerd to get me the elusive beer j/j

originally posted by retroandy
And how could i forget the over the hills posse i came with. Danny, Biggie (nob), Italian style and not forgetting vicky(how was work on sat)

know I was twisted but quite sure I came to the club with some one else:fekked: :fekked: :crazy: :fekked: :fekked:j/j

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Biggie said:
top night once again was completeiy mashed can't remember meeting any one new off the board:crazy: :crazy: sorry every1

Butty m8 funny how it was after 2 oclock when you offerd to get me the elusive beer j/j

know I was twisted but quite sure I came to the club with some one else:fekked: :fekked: :crazy: :fekked: :fekked:j/j

Sorry mate let me explain. The biggie i was on about is Danny's friend from over here in wakey mate. I put nob next to his name so you wouldnt get confused but to be honest mate i didnt know you were there either so sorry about the confusion.

Andy