classic old school rave 'set orders'

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

dr_heathcliff

Jun 15, 2003
hey, so I'm new to this forum -

I'd like to try and find out more info about set orders for old school raves - and so far I'm a bit stumped as to where to turn

For example - Fantazia Summertime (Matchams Stadium, Bournemouth, 15-05-1992) - I have this so far (from what I can detect from the sets I have:

Ratty
Ratpack
Top Buzz
Slipmatt
Sy
Ellis Dee (Last Set)

But I also have a lot of other sets (Easygroove, DJ SS, Phantasy etc) and there are also a load more DJS on the flyer (Sasha (probably didn't show), donovan smith, colin dale, luke, ramjack) that I don't have sets for (not sure they were ever released)

Is there a resource on the net with this info - or can anyone who went (I did) but can remember (I can't) shed some further light on this?

cheers in advance,

dr-h

malky1888

May 10, 2008
REZERECTION SHOP

i look on the rez site where u can buy the old sets on cd, if u check that page u can look them up by year, month then event, it will show u all the sets that were recorded and published , but im sure there were a few sets from events which weren't published, yet u'll c the dj/pa name on the flyer :S

zot

May 8, 2005
Plymouth, U.K
LOL! Why does backtotheoldschool call anything after 1992 the golden years?
1992 was the year everything went shit.

Pauly P

Gonna have to disagree. Hardcore got very experimental in 92, the beats were just right, the general speed was great and obviously a whole lotta people had jumped on the rave band wagon by then so the atmosphere was unreal.

As for house, I think it had already peaked by 92..

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
Al, pleeeeeeeze, tell me you know the first track from this, been after it for about 8 years now,

'wanna touch the sky, never been this high' ....its none of the obvious ones...
Well not heard but the real obvious guess would be hyper go go - high but surely that would be nailed looking at the tracklist.

You got clippage?

malky1888

May 10, 2008
Check my site Hardcore Hell

i just opened it, the purpose is for people to download and submit sets, meaning if its successful, thru time there will be hundreds of sets available thru an easy 2 use menu bar, track lists for sets are also available, (only a few at the moment) but tracklists can be submitted via a form and added by me, i dont have a guestbook on it yet, but a rather snazzy forum (empty at the moment), any comments about the site, reply to this message

Cheerz !!!:D

djsnear

Feb 18, 2012
Al, pleeeeeeeze, tell me you know the first track from this, been after it for about 8 years now,

i also wanna know this tune!!

any ideas??

Djsota

Sep 22, 2018

Did you ever find out the name of this track?