DJ Mat Stevens

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Obviously most of you will already know DJ Mat Stevens but did you know he had an official website.

It's www.djmatstevens.co.uk and it's greeeeaat

"... Exceed people's expectations, entertain, inspire, motivate and never compromise..."

Nice to see Mat isn't ashamed to have a "NAMEDROPPING" section as well where he names people that: "During my career, I have been fortunate enough to either simply meet, party with, or DJ with". And who wouldn't if the people in your list included.....

Paul Usher (The Bill / Brookside)
Pat Sharpe
Armand Beasley (GMTV - LK Today)

Mat, unsuprisingly, started out as a mobile jock although "My (then untrained and technically ignorant) voice probably sounded awful at the time" to finally become the legend he is today - "My musical appreciation has allowed me the opportunity to play:

US Garage
UK Garage
R n B / Soul
Reggae
Handbag / Old School House
Old / New Party

plus other genres...(phew!)"

Why is Handbag chucked in with Old School - never compromise eh Mat.

Mat has also recently moved into tune making - if you get chance download his latest offering Zag feat DJ Mat Stevens - Sona. Now although some will say this is the epitamy of the total and utter shit trance genre I'll think you find the lyrics are inspired "Come with me tonight, come along and feel alright, here we go, here we go, here we move on"

Btw here a pic of Mat "whipping the crowd into a frenzy" (I should really find better things to do than this on a Sunday morning - church perhaps)

Attachments

• club54sat.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 1,069

Matt_JF

Nov 16, 2002
London
I learnt dance routines that the crowd could join in with, developed better "patter" and techniques..

Wahey!
And as for namedropping Fudge Fools and Dave Pierce..........

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Biskit said:
Never frikkin heard of the toffee nose twit!!
Nah neither have I - He's a resident on a Monday night of some club Guernsey - apparently.

His site's superb though. He's got a FAQ bit.

Q: Do you get annoyed when people spell DJs like: "DJ's?

A: I actually find it quite funny that people cannot write the plural of DJ!

The blokes a young Alan Partridge.

P

pianoman

Dunno the lad, Wheres he from??

I may just have to have a nosey at his site??

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Jonno said:
Nah neither have I - He's a resident on a Monday night of some club Guernsey - apparently.

His site's superb though. He's got a FAQ bit.

Q: Do you get annoyed when people spell DJs like: "DJ's?

A: I actually find it quite funny that people cannot write the plural of DJ!

The blokes a young Alan Partridge.

LMFAO :thumbsup:

Francis

Mar 13, 2002
Huddersfield
I have the pleasure of knowing Mat quite well, as i used to work with him, and we still keep in Contact now and again.

Want me to get him on to come on here to answer all your questions ??

This is my Fave, and all my Friends Favourite Pic of him

matmirror.jpg

OldskoolDazed (al) said:
lol lets ave a go at a new game

its called

spot the vinyl lol

go for it deeeejay

:D :D :D :D :D :D :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Innit Al - I was looking at that pic thinking.... ok - I can see 2 decks but wheres the tunes ??? Perhaps he just puts the needle on the slipmats ? Sounds better imo than some of the cheesey shite that gets passed of as house/dance nowadays

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
6. Who are your favourite DJs?
Judge Jules, Paul Oakenfold and Dave Pearce.

I must admit, I don't think that I'm too bad, either! He-he.

I think that just about sums up the entire site for me

Mr-Monday

Mar 13, 2002
London
What weird is that my name is Mat Stevens as well (with one 't'). I'd hate to be confused with someone who probably plays Black Lace as their last tune lol.

I can't believe someone would show off about the fact they know Pat Sharpe!

Aydo

Aug 1, 2002
Exiled Lad
*The track has been submitted to many key industry figures over recent weeks, including principle UK and INTERNATIONAL RADIO STATIONS. MAJOR RADIO STATIONS have started playing the track on-air!

RECORD LABELS / DJ AGENCIES have also started contacting me, enquiring about this and my other (secret) projects!

I will be meeting a MAJOR TV Company in May!

Check back here for EXCITING updates - VERY SOON!*

cut a page from a magazine :rofl:

DJ Mat Stevens

Jun 10, 2003
UK
www.djmatstevens.co.uk
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow, such bitchiness from people I don't even know!

You people should REALLY get ya facts right!

Anyway guys, at least I do this for a GOOD living and get to travel the world. How many of YOU lot do it full time, if at all? Probably none! You are all probably unemployed / students / or work in burger joints or something!!! (apologies to the nice people in burger joints!)

Thanks for all the FREE publicity though, even though you are all talking crap!

You should all list YOUR websites with YOUR achievements on (such as being able to tie your own shoelaces! LOL). Wow, the sites would be SO big - at least two sentences worth!!!!

Would love to stay and sound upset, but I'm not, cos I know what I am doing and you lot DON'T!

Seeya!

PS: Hi to Pianoman! :D

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
lol if u aint gonna stop why bother filling in ur signature etc!

yer sites a bit cheesey to say the least and to come on slagging people saying theyre unemployed is just dumb specially when ur mates posting moody pics of u as well, nice pose by the way

im actually sat here at work posting this in my penthouse office in canary wharf as i work out the GPA for the whole of the channel islands and ive got to say ur piddly club is rock bottom on the list

tally ho :thumbsup:

you keep playing those tunes with no record on the deck u superstar deeeejay you :drum:

by the way is ur name Matthew Stevens or is DJ Mat Stevens actually a play on words for slip mat/dj mat sorta thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.