The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
in my opinion maximes takes the cake. coz its what got me into old skool. its loud as fcuk the atmosphere is super dooper. i missed all the life @ bowlers years which is a bit guttin but its a case of better late than never eh

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
That's a bit like best tune ever...a bit of a hard one but here's a few off the top of me head....

Shellys-Stoke (90/91) - Sasha at his best.
Hacketts - Blackpool (91) - Nipper.
Hacienda- Manc (89/90) - Before it got all possey.
Manhatten Heights-Blackburn (91/92)
Thunderdome-Manc (90) -If just for the convoy to Blackburn after the club!
Konspirecy-Manc (90/91) - Shady as yer like but what a venue, caves the lot!!

Theres loads more but their my top clubs, then of course theres all the warehouse do's.

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
ummmmmmmmm difficult one this!!
but all times favs hav to be

Hacketts - blackpool

loveshack - blackpool
pleasuredrome - farnworth
angels - burnley
legends - warrington

revenge all niters!
and lets not forget the raves in the caves (south lakes!)
and warehouse do's!

P

pianoman

Easy................

My fave Club is the Mint Flavour one!!!

Spesh in Packs Of 8!

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
Re: Easy................

pianoman said:
My fave Club is the Mint Flavour one!!!

Spesh in Packs Of 8!

PMSL!!!!!!!!!!! at this one!!!!!!!!!!! i like those an all but these r me fav mint biscuits

:luv:
mviscount1.jpg

DJFANTAZIA

Nov 21, 2001
Warrington
Im gonna agree with butty there, cos on the whole the music and atmos are always cool.

Sure ive had my bad nights there, and lost a couple of coats in the cloackroom :cry: , but on average its still BY FAR the best OS night in the north. ;)

Tunes make a nightclub good :drum: , rather than the other way round.

Then again ive only been clubbing 4 years, so what do i know?

Dave

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Just remembered another good 'un.

OZ - Blackpool
I bet theres not one decent club in Blackpool anymore.
For a while there was nearly as many Peeps in Blackpool at weekend nutted off little fellas than Jocks pissed on Mckewens!!(nearly);)

franky

Jul 24, 2001
Bradford
its a toss up between Shelleys & Bowlers early summer 1992.
or maybe even Gallery in leeds on friday nights in 1992 or even Orbit 1992. shit, there were sooo many brill clubs to go to!!!!:phones: :phones: :phones:

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
id go for sugarshack in middlesbrough, not for oldskool tunage its just a fucking good club......probs the consistently best line ups in the country for a good few years

and tall trees was good as well.......Foundation/Shindig in newcaslte is worth a mention and all

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Bowlers by a mile!!!!Closely followed by Maximes, n then maybe orbit.Bowlers was just breathtaking in every way, the venue, the people n the music were all tops:thumbsup: :|

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
nowthen said:

Shellys-Stoke (90/91)
Hacienda- Manc (89/90)
Konspirecy-Manc (90/91)

I'll second those. The Hac in 89 was unbelievable, but then again I was an impressionable 16 year old

Theres a place just outside of Brum, the Engine House, which is one of the best venues Ive been to, very nice in the summer, god knows if its still open

sped

Sep 5, 2002
wakefield
eh, i remember the days when orbit was in Ossett. I was only 18 back then but ya saw bloody coach loads of people trying to get in. Them were the days went to a few barn raves aswell, not too good when they was in the middle of november:crazy: Casanovers in wakefield top club..

DeeDee

May 13, 2002
Over the hill in St Helens
Miss C said:
Bowlers by a mile!!!!Closely followed by Maximes, n then maybe orbit.Bowlers was just breathtaking in every way, the venue, the people n the music were all tops:thumbsup: :|
have you entered your birthday wrong in your profile cause according to that you are only 17 or do you look really old for your age LOL