Remake Vs Inner City - Bladerunner till we meet again

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Wotcha - I'm sure there's a previous thread on this tune but can't find it :axe:

Anyone know how this tune came about ? Did Sasha drop the pella live in the mix or was it a specially created studio boot he created ?

Was there a 'proper' release of it aside from dodgy Ren 1 'comps' (ie boots) & what are the state of the current boots of it like (call me Mr Picky but I really want my tunes phat & loud rather than tinny & shite).

Cheers for info :thumbsup:

Reactions: Albertryder

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Not sure if Sasha ever did this live - If I was a betting man I'd say he did it in the studio.

The only "proper" release of this is on one of the DMC remix culture's. I'll check at home which one. It's labeled up as an Inner City remix, so they completely redid Bladerunner underneath. As such it loses a fuck of a lot when compared with the original mash-up.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
For what it's worth I've dug out that DMC - it's DMC 159. It's simply labeled up as Inner City - Till We Meet Again, Remixed by Martin Madigan & Joe Becket (whoever they are).

I've had another listen and I was selling it short. It's not actually done as a copy of the mash-up, more like an interpretation of how the 2 tracks would sound best together starting with a blank canvas. For instance it builds up at the start for ages using pretty much just the piano of Bladerunner, and some gated vocals of Inner City. The upshot is it works really well, although Bladerunner sounds more like the Chris & James' remix than Remake's original cover. By a strange coincidence there's 2 remixes by Jimmy Gomez on the same DMC release (one of which is his superb version of Donna Summer's State Of Indepedence).

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
shoomy i've just had the

booty ( 4 tracker and sold it on ebay

an excellent copy (sounds spot on at what ever volume low or 'high' as the tune deserves) though
can't remember the other tracks

email colin2000 on ebay, he's now the owner

and so is the renaissance/rebirth angel/cherub labeled booty
(inc havanna / spooky)

htfr are selling

MOMBASSA CRY FREEDOM
REMAKE & INNER CITY BLADERUNNER TILL WE MEET AGAIN
MARTIN LUTHER KING I HAVE A DREAM (ACAPPELLA)
labelled up as 'CHOICE CUTS 2' HTFR £10

this is mostly defo a shady copy HTFR or someone very close has just knocked out

daygo

Jan 31, 2006
brighton
stores.ebay.co.uk
Shooms said:
Wotcha - I'm sure there's a previous thread on this tune but can't find it :axe:

Anyone know how this tune came about ? Did Sasha drop the pella live in the mix or was it a specially created studio boot he created ?

Cheers for info :thumbsup:

Ok, the actual story is that Sasha approached Dave Seaman for a copy of the accapella after B.I.R. had remixed it - Spunky handed over the Dat, Sasha cut a slate and hey presto the legendary mix was born.......

I Djed with Sasha a lot and heard him pull this mix off live 4 or 5 times and it really was stunning. Spunky never bothered getting an accapella cut, and the only accapellas appeared some time after Ren 1 came out.

Fallout

Nov 29, 2004
Sasha used to drop it. Fact.

I've got a copy. But it's a white label booty which leaves a lot to be desired.

Top work though.

If you like this - you should track down a copy of Cowpander.

Tom from Junkie Xl did it for Sasha to finish his sets off with about three years back and it's sublime.

It's Cowgirl by Underworld and Xpander by Sasha mixed together - and what a top, top tune.

Every time I've played it out it tears it up.

Word is only something like 150 copies worldwide. It's in a baby pink sleeve with a baby pink blank centre.

I found a copy at a shop called Streetbeat Records in Helsinki, Finland. It was £15. But I'd have paid £100!

A friend of mine recently got one off ebay for £15.

it's a tune worth searching out!

Tell you what.... imo it's deffo not the pella that came out on the double pack of Till we meet again.... I was so so shocked with how s-l-o-w that pella is... to try n do the mix myself at home you are talking +16 for the pella... (luckily I have technics mk5s so is possible lol)... also it's not a true pella as there's more than just vocals on the mix....

Still love it mind ;)

whatyadoinsucka said:
htfr are selling

MOMBASSA CRY FREEDOM
REMAKE & INNER CITY BLADERUNNER TILL WE MEET AGAIN
MARTIN LUTHER KING I HAVE A DREAM (ACAPPELLA)
labelled up as 'CHOICE CUTS 2' HTFR £10

this is mostly defo a shady copy HTFR or someone very close has just knocked out

ive got choice cuts 1 & 2 (i got both from HTFR ages ago) but they have a different tracklist than above!:S
these are the tracks on my copies!

choice cuts 1 (aa001)
ai micheal jackson - wanna be starting somthing (bir mix? i think)
aii bruce hornsby/ice t/sagat - the way it is (ice t hunted child / sagat fuk dat mash up)
bi billy ray martin - loving arms (bir mix)
bii martin luther king - i have a dream speech

choice cuts 2 (snt01)
ai brand new heavies - get back to love (park mix)
aii remake/inner city - bladerunner/till we meet again
bi mombassa - cry freedom
bii ultra nate/heller & farley - how long/ultra flava

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Iv had it on a w/label for sometime. Also has Yeke yeke on... not played it for a while but from memory its the same as on the renaissance CD.

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
I picked this up on a booty in 95

Bladerunner v Inner city
Mombassa - Cry Freedom
Discuss - Save the day
Mori kanti - Yeke yeke

sounds quality is very good....

don't know much else about it, other than I was pleased to have found it back then........ cost me a £10 back then too.

MightyMing

Jun 24, 2005
personally I don't think this accapella goes too well with Bladerunner. Spoils it a bit! Tune on its own...........