Quality tunes which need more people to hear 'em

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Carrying on from Pauly's thread yesterday it got me thinking that there are HUNDREDS of class tunes out there that do not get the attention they deserve.

Please please please seek out this tune:

FX - Leading Grooves

Done by the man like Frank De Wulf it is a piano house stormer with a huuuge phat sexy b line, vocal hook going 'Oh - ho- ho' in a kind of 'Oh my god I'm coming/rushing me nads off' way & best of all it has a uplifting rushy sample that sounds like the high octave guitar riff from The Farm - Groovy Train.

Top top top track :thumbsup:

The flip to Leading Grooves is an impossibly hard techno tune called Tape Path :crazy: :crazy:

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
Never seen this mentioned on the board

Digitalis - Accepting and Giving

I think this is UK - late 80's tune - reminds me of the Act of Madman - The Dream - not that they sound that similar - maybe coz i remember them being played at the same clubs

Lisa Fisher - Save Me -

Morales dub on this is one of his best ever - sort of tune when you hear it - you know it already

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
pauly p said:

Safire - taste the bass (morales taste the red zone dub)

pauly p

Pauly - i think i've got this - is it on blue vinyl with a piano break in the middle

definatly safire with morales mixes

used buy all these at the time - looking for those Red Zone dubs - even better the Dead Zone dubs :cool:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
Re: Never seen this mentioned on the board

lastnightadj said:
Digitalis - Accepting and Giving

What a tune, its like a Belgian new beat track from the late 80's with one of the best piano breaks Ive ever heard. And its a bugger to mix

Apparantly it was a massive Quadrant Park tune so some of the lads told me, I wouldnt know, I never went:cry: :cry:

Ive got to hear that FX tune, Ive been considering buying all Mr De Wulfs back catalogue recently

Heres one for you,

Deruvo, Boy I Need You now - the morales mix is awesome, what a break

Meat Beat Manifesto - Radio Babylon - the prodigy and hardcore tunes owe them a favour

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
lastnightadj said:
Pauly - i think i've got this - is it on blue vinyl with a piano break in the middle

definatly safire with morales mixes

used buy all these at the time - looking for those Red Zone dubs - even better the Dead Zone dubs :cool:

Got that one, but never really listened to it. Definitely coloured vinyl, just not sure of the colour.

Pauly, I was listening to some DA Posse stuff at the weekend, Feel The Melody has had more than a couple of listens since. LUPO made a few well nice tunes too.

I think have this FX thing, does it have a coloured label, red, yellow and green or something. Amazing the shit you (think) you can remember, but not the simple things like knowing you have a tune just by its name.

My offerings...
Octave One - I Believe
Cloud One - Disco Juice
One Dove - Transient Truth
Virgo - R U Hot Enough

italian style

Feb 22, 2002
wakefield
Re: Never seen this mentioned on the board

lastnightadj said:

Lisa Fisher - Save Me -

Morales dub on this is one of his best ever - sort of tune when you hear it - you know it already

tis indeed a tune, i find its a bit too slow though for the other sort of tunes i got.

another tune i love which doesn't get mentioned alot is

e-motion 'promise land'

Saffire - taste the bass - what a tune - sasha played this also - deep beat - siren - which is similar all tunes in there rite

ok here's my offerings

Jungle krew - electric dance
Davina - dont you want it
Outphaze - im in love ( dub)
a guy called gerald - emotions electric
HHFD - freedom - mellow mix
angel 1st voyage - planet function
bizare inc - technological

a few of what ive been hammering on radio - these tunes deserve more recogntion

al

A few more to ponder...

The alliance - thoughts of you (Revenge)
The End - Humanitas (Flying)
Total madness - the sounds in da air (Dope wax)
Track one - diffusion (Ozone)
DV8 - thoughts of tomorrow (strictly rhythm)
Eclips 21 - Nebula (Indisc)
Fast money - One dollar (Indisc)
MD3 - Face the nation (Underground)
Epoche 90 - VLSI heaven (Ohzone)
Frank De Wulfe - People in motion (two thumbs)
MR LUTHERO - ROTATION (BEAT CLUB)

There`s tons ...

Pauly P

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
MR LUTHERO - ROTATION (BEAT CLUB)

this is a tune - wicked Italian version - reminds me of Olympia/The Tramp - hypnotic and slow - also have you got the Flashback version on the same Italian label as S-Bam Take Me Away Now - bit more clubby

but the best version has to be the Herb Alpert original - look out for this on clear vinyl - old skool balearic ;)

Jungle krew - electric dance

i-1.JPG

gotta be Hitman's House Mix - Big bassline - using the Yeah - Wooh break brilliantly

Cloud One - Disco Juice

Always worth checking any Patrick Adams productions - quality disco - Keep On Jumpin!

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
lastnightadj said:
Cloud One - Disco Juice

Always worth checking any Patrick Adams productions - quality disco - Keep On Jumpin! [/B]

The man is a legend, his original Phreak version of Weekend is tip top as well.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Mr Luthero & Digitalis were both big Monroe's tunes. Mr Luthero is a particular fave - both mixes are excellent. Digitalis was a massive gay song, which is where I presume the title came from. Have you ever listened to the vocal mix on the flip - bit scary. Doesn't make it a bad song mind. although I remember even the instrumental (Club mix) never got played out to the Bees Gees sampled bit.

OldskoolDazed (al) said:
Outphaze - im in love ( dub)
Bollocks didn't realise there was a dub mix on the 12 - always avoided it because I found the vocals annoying:cry:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
One tune that doesn't seem to get a mention is:

Big Score Featuring Darryl Pandy – Trust Gone Wild (Rams Horn)

It's a rare little piano stormer from 1990. I think it's Dutch rather than Italian which perhaps meant it didn't get the credit it deserved.

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
Jonno said:
One tune that doesn't seem to get a mention is:

Big Score Featuring Darryl Pandy – Trust Gone Wild (Rams Horn)

It's a rare little piano stormer from 1990. I think it's Dutch rather than Italian which perhaps meant it didn't get the credit it deserved.

Tis a nice one that, Rams Horn were a right handy little label in the late 80's. And you're right it is Dutch if I remember correctly.

Shit how good wrre bizzare inc in 1990 just listened to bizzare theme - what a tune

few more

e.b.g - the rhythm - choooooooooooooon lovely piano
pcyance - motion - choon
tikkle - the outer limits - would put this on par with neil howard
the chosen - visions of life ep
Midi Rain - eyes - bizare inc mix - ooh them again
Paul Mcartney - Deliverance - ste anderson mix - PIANOOOOO

man could name these allday

vienna - tell me - innerspace - another lol

al

oh jeez, some more...

Tom Salta - the lost boy (more music)
Mr Monday - Appreciate (Greedy B)
Ozo - Anambra (Sasha remix) (Riot)
Franshene - Go sista (Omen)
Ray Love - Holding out in lagos / danger zone (Techno kut)
Ray Love - Techno for mankind (Techno kut)
Ray Love - Ravenge (Dancefloor)
Suave - Amor (Atomic herbie remix)
Critical rhythm - Fall into a trance (Network)
Code 3 - Code of acid (Int latin house)

oh, and ... Edward Crosby - you belong to me (Get down records) (as later sampled by that infamous Denise M - don`t runaway tune).

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
OldskoolDazed (al) said:

Midi Rain - eyes - bizare inc mix - ooh them again
Reminds me of Midi Rain - Always, stacks of mixes to choose from and I can't remember the one I liked. They did quite a few belters, Midi Rain was John Rocca who was also the man behind legendary Jazz Funkers Freeze who did Southern Freeze and AEIOU etc.

Another 2 or 3...
Basscut - I'm Not In Love (Dubs)
Ceybil - Special
Deepstate II - Everybody Get Down
Deep Joy - Fall (I Think!)