Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

spiely

Oct 5, 2001
Canada
www.lufc.com
:D :D :D

Whats the friendliset club you have ever been to?

Also whats the dodgiest club you ever went to?

For Me friendlist - Loveshack, Blackpool

Dodgiest- Quadrant park all-nighter.

spiely..............

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
tee hee

i was gonna say quadrant park had the dodgiest reputation. doolz knows where i am gonna nominate. Telepathy. illegal (we all had to carry fake membership cards, in the heart of the eastend. Saw the bouncers doing something to a guy that i don't think he was ever gonna play football again afterwards. Friendliest was a place called wurligig. Kinda new age. tee hee the bouncers were called people helpers or something. Was a great place though. Very weird. you took your own booze etc open from 7pm til midnight.

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
mm.......

friendliest
bellair / eden home of hardtimes (huddersfield)
the most up for it peeps, and plenty of fuel to go around

ugliest
????? difficult ????
bowlers sometimes (but then other times it was the friendliest place ever)

???? i'm stuck ????

scaz

Apr 24, 2002
wigan
the friendilist club ive been is wigan pier.you wouldnt say the people in there are the nicest but the fact that every single person in there is fucked makes for a friendly atmosphere.

the dodgeist is either late bowlers or the sanctuary in milton keynes where the bouncers are always twats and sometimes that vibe runs through the club.

everytime i went to bowlers there was trouble outside,never seen inside.and there is maximes a few years back when they had that shit from the cheetem hill crew.

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
lol

did a pa at the sanctuary in milton keynes. At least i think it was the sanctuary was that in a kinda big bowl/shopping centre. As we were being shown into the backstage area. The bouncer gets on his walkie talkie says hang on a sec then holds us aside with his arm. Next thing i know this ball of people comes flying out it literally was like those cartoons when a big scrap is going on. Couldn't believe it. People were climbing on stage and hitting the keyboards. uurrgghh

scaz

Apr 24, 2002
wigan
the sanctuary has been around for years,i think it used to be dansleigh leisure centre.helter skelter used to have there nights in there and the rollers.

slammin vinyl now have there nights there now.

p.s nathen what did you used to be in,i was going to ask once before when you said you where once doing a pa at bowlers.

its just that you rarely mention it .

oooh what a good thread :thumbsup:

Friendliest - I cant pick just 1...Shelleys in Stoke, Pleasuredrome in Birkenhead and The Quad (not the allnighter bit) in Liverpool.

Dodgiest - The Harddock in Liverpool, not that I personally saw any trouble there, but it had an awful reputation and had loads of yardies hanging round the edge of the dancefloor looking menacing :| And yes The Quad allnighter also had a bad rep...it closed down before I got the chance to go...maybe not such a bad thing :S

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Yeah Id be interested to know what you were in Nathan m8.

Friendliest = Hmmm pre 96 Bowlers imo, yep there was a bit of trouble outside but always no probs inside. maybe I was too fucked to notice but there was a load of us going for years and the cloud of dodge only arrived mid 96 ush.

Dodgiest = Home on Ducie Street in Manchester 93 ish, FEKKIN 'ELL!!!! Gun fights outside when ya were queing to get in and throughout the night on Ducie Street. I didnt give a fuck about it at the time but looking back its a different story.

Scaz m8, I know what your saying about the Pier. Ive got some top mentaql memories of nights in that place and met some top people there and although its got an element of shade (some of my mates hated it, I just buzzed off it for what it was) like you say everyone is off their tits the harshness doesnt seem to bother ya lol

lizer

Dec 21, 2001
Liverpool
members.lycos.co.uk
friendlyness was bowlers 93-96
scouser in manc club and only had 1 bit of who u looking type trouble in the whole time.

Where there is beer there are bells

Dodgy is basically n e where in liverpool

coconut grove,harddock,the drome,quad

Never went to any of these places cos of it.
Remember all me m8s used to go tho,saying some poor lad on dance floor in drome wore a man utd top got his head stamped on several times sorta thing ,fecking bell ends,wouldnt do ne thing like that unless gary nevile was in it:D

Always rember some lad in bowlers wearing a everton footy top,dancing on the platforms,i used to think ffs hes got balls wearing that in here.

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
butty said:
friendliest wud b gt coz i know nearly everyone in there lol

dodgiest erm id say bowlers coz its the only place me n my homies have had n e mither but that was late 98

Aye, was thinking about years back but modern day included GT is special as its full of top peeps who ya know and thats worth alot.

Bowlers went gradually off the rails from 96 so I reckon it was fekked big style by the time your mates had that mither butty m8.

lizer said:

Dodgy is basically n e where in liverpool

coconut grove,harddock,the drome,quad

Never went to any of these places cos of it.
Remember all me m8s used to go tho,saying some poor lad on dance floor in drome wore a man utd top got his head stamped on several times sorta thing ,fecking bell ends,wouldnt do ne thing like that unless gary nevile was in it:D

You cant say that the Drome was dodgy just cos of one incident..I bet every club in the world has had some trouble at some point...I used to go there nearly every week for about 8 months and I cant remember ever seeing any trouble there...I met some top people in there and always had a good night...

Biggie

May 10, 2002
Manchester
friendliest club got to be Bowlers when I first started going 94 ish.
like you say use to see bits of trouble outside but never any in there. And it was where I first witnessed the famous "whats Your Name, Where you from" followed by a sweaty hug off someone you've never seen before in your life:thumbsup:

dodgiest has got to be Maximes a couple of years ago. Towards the last few times I went felt like you were being watched allnigt,couldn't relax and enjoy it:naughty: shame really as had some top nights in there when first satrted going.

ps here it's all been sorted out now tho so might have to give it a whirl and support the man like Butty

P

pianoman

wigan pier was great the two times we were there, as was any life at bowlers best night was when the scouse djs like davey t and lee butler played.

the capricorn club was well dodgy tho, it was in bradford right next to our shite football club on cornwall terrace.

it was my introduction to tunes and my first vdj residency aged 18/

old twat now at 32! lol

Last edited:

lizer

Dec 21, 2001
Liverpool
members.lycos.co.uk
Wasnt just the one incident in the drome,happend weekly remember em coming back all smashed saying u see that lad get the bottle over his head ,u see that gang of lads all doing that 1 fella in,and this happend every time they went.
Not sure about the very early days,im talkin in about 93 ish when it went more hardcore.

Im sure one week the mc got lamped as well? unconfirmed that one tho

Its one place i would of love to have gone to cos the music was me fave at the time but i wouldnt touch it cos of atmosphere shit like that brings just messes the whole night up, para about if u looking at someone for more than 5 seconds

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
freindliest would be bowlers, maybe it was just the period..92,93 but was the friendliest place ever..stopped going when the music went crap...maybe the atmosphere changed with it

and dodgiest goes outright to maximes, i used to hate it when the group decided to go there..

spiely

Oct 5, 2001
Canada
www.lufc.com
pianoman said:
wigan pier was great the two times we were there, as was any life at bowlers best night was when the scouse djs like davey t and lee butler played.

the capricorn club was well dodgy tho, it was in bradford right next to our shite football club on cornwall terrace.

it was my introduction to tunes and my first vdj residency aged 18/

old twat now at 32! lol

Ye Bibbys was dodgy, but top tunes.
:D :D :D :D