Wierdest experience ever!!!!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
about half an hour ago i was sitting in me living room watchin the tv, when my mobile rang..........it said "private number" on it, but i answered it anyway.

once i said "hello" i was greeted with a scottish woman's voice, saying "hello, hello.......is that danny from yorkshire?" to which i replied "yes". she then went on to say "well danny, you're on live radio, after being chosen at random by our computer to be in the live night competition!"

i immediately thought what the feck! this must be a wind-up i said to her, but she assured me it wasnt. all the time i was trying to work out who the woman could be, but there was no explanation........so i began to listen to what she was saying.

she said i would be asked three questions, and so would stephen, the other contestant. whoever got the most right would win, wait for it................a weekend for two at butlins:axe: i said "you're having a laugh" but she assured me that i was live on "96.6 Murrey FM from Inverness in Scotland" (what the feck:confused: ) after telling me the rules quickly, and what have you...........i was left on hold while (apparently:S ) she had to speak to stephen.

when she came back she fired the questions at me, which were:

1) what colour do you get when you mix blue with yellow? - to which i promptly answered green (being a budding artist n'all.......lol
2) what is the capital city of scotland? - to which i answered scotland.

"and finally" she said.........
3) who was this years christmas no.1? (well the last one - 2002) - i replied i dont know, coz i seriously didnt hav a clue, to which she replied "have a guess"......i said "them who won pop stars, girls allowed or sumet"

she said that i had answered all 3 questions correctly and was in with a good chance of winning the holiday (if you could call a weekend at butlins a holiday lol). she again asked me to hold while she asked stephen the same 3 questions - i did so.

when she spoke again, she said that stephen had also got the three q's right, and so now it was a tiebreak question. now my head was really being blagged and i didnt know whether to put the phone down or not. anyways, she asked me the question which was "what is the currency of iraq?". i thought i knew it but didnt, and said i didnt know - so for some reason i took i wild guess at "the dollar". i again had to hold, in order to wait for stephens answer (this stephen who i never heard:crazy: ). then the scottish accent returned to tell me that stephen was the winner, and i was unlucky (yeah, yeah, yeah:mad: ) she said i did win "for being such a good sport - a pair of tickets to see girls allowed live!".............piss taker i reckon:$

she asked me to stay on the line while she played a track, in order to get my address details to send me the tickets. i asked vic whether i should bother giving her em, she said i may as well to see what happens.......so i did. she said the tickets wud be with me in the next three days. i was very suspect so i asked where "girls allowed" were singing, she said the location was unknown, and would be printed on the tickets!!!!!:| :| :|

WHAT A FECKIN BLAGGER!!!!!!:axe: :axe: :axe:

is it just me or does it look like ive been completely screwed over by some dodgy geezers out there???? LOL:S

has anything like this ever happened to anyone else??? i'll let you know if anything comes of this mates:p

(i'm still totally blagged by this one LOL i think i'm gunna have nightmares hehe)

laters,

Danny_R.:D

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Christ, thats the sort of fekked up shit that usually happens to me lol

Thats a real odd one mate, never heard of owt like that happening and ive been racing my brains to think of what gin any blaggers could have from doing that unless they are soe mates having a laugh.

If its just some random oddballs then if they wanted any of that info about you then they could have just found it out using other channels so am a bit perplexed.

If it isnt wind up then its just a mad as toast radio show "Is that Danny from Yorkshire"? I bet u were thinking "WTF" :axe:

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
BTW are you on a contract or unregistered pay as you go cos if its the latter then its definitely a wind up cos how would they know your name and location :S

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
pacman said:

If it isnt wind up then its just a mad as toast radio show "Is that Danny from Yorkshire"? I bet u were thinking "WTF" :axe:

aye......you got that right.

funny thing was, i could actually hear other voices in the background............... like a call-centre perhaps. not for one minute do i believe i have actually won these tickets.

ive been rackin me brain for the last hour........what the feck!!! she purposely asked me a question that i wudnt know the answer to i reckon.........the beyatch:he she:

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Right, for some odd reason I know that there IS a radio station in Inverness called Moray Firth FM and ive just checked this on Google and im right.

Heres a link to some proof

Moray Firth

Dont know why I knew this but might prove that this odd situation is actually real.

Enjoy the 'gig' lol

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
jesus mate

unless you typed in anything on your phone or made the call you are fine. Basically any number of mates could have met some random scottish bird and got her to do a wind up. I convinced my mum that my colleague was steve jackson from kiss and she was live on air once. Love a good wind-up. you'll find out the culprits in good time. Heard a great one the other day about a woman who has set up her own premium line with bt Only this fecker cost £100 a minute and she comes round knocks on your door all distressed. I've just been mugged can I use your phone and rings up her own bloody number

digthemusic

Mar 25, 2002
burnley
You`ll have to brush up on ya hi de hi`s there danny m8 if you`re off to butlins,

hiscrapbook1.jpg

Hi de hi

ho de ho

digthemusic

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
pacman said:
Right, for some odd reason I know that there IS a radio station in Inverness called Moray Firth FM and ive just checked this on Google and im right.

Heres a link to some proof

Moray Firth

Dont know why I knew this but might prove that this odd situation is actually real.

Enjoy the 'gig' lol

fek me..........thats what she said "moray firth"!!!!!...........and all the time i was takin the piss, at one point i even asked her if i could swear.....and she said as long as it was mild swear words!! LOL:crazy:

crazy, crazy stuff

digthemusic

Mar 25, 2002
burnley
Danny_R said:
fek me..........thats what she said "moray firth"!!!!!...........and all the time i was takin the piss, at one point i even asked her if i could swear.....and she said as long as it was mild swear words!! LOL:crazy:

crazy, crazy stuff

lololol what the feck are mild swear words.Are they things like ruddy and chuffin.

digthemusic

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
ive just checked the link..........you madman paccers!!!!! i must have actually been live, coz if you follow that link and look at the frequencies it says"96.6FM" which is what i remember her telling me on the phone............trully bizzarre

BTW i'll give someone a tenner to take the bloody tickets off me.......they'll make a grat late xmas pressie for someone LOL!!!!;)

italian style

Feb 22, 2002
wakefield
fek me dan, if ya do get those tickets will ya take me wiv ya, lol, i'd love to go see em. only jokin, i reckon you might be able to get a bit of cash if ya get em up on ebay!!

speak to ya later bud;)