I don't often...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
I don't often agree with Greg, but he's quite right, this board is dead... even with the injection of a load of new mixes.

Only a handful of people post, but clearly more than a fair few people come on here just to download the mixes without any interaction or contribution.

This section shouldn't be accessible without a OSA account. I've never understood how people not part of the OSA community can freely swan around on the forum and take, and don't need to contribute.

The Gold & Silver DJ Mixes section is not accessible to those that aren't Gold or Silver members. The File Sharing section shouldn't be accessible if you do not have an OSA user account.

Does anyone else agree with this?

k00lworld

VIP Silver Member
I was surprised to realise that links are visible even without registering. Registration should be a minimum to view the posts and forums. That will at least help get a true reflection of board users including leechers and lurkers as it will eliminate artificial web traffic caused by search engine web crawlers and other traffic unrelated/uninterested in old skool mixes provided there's a suitable captcha system in place that defeats bots.

Requiring a membership on top of registration may also filter out leechers although if they are profiteering off yours and others generosity I doubt a fee would be very off-putting although it would increase the income to cover hosting costs.

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
OSA has always been an open site, everything thats ever been shared/discussed can be found with a google search

if it really bothers you just set a password to your upload & then you can monitor who downloads it

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
OSA has always been an open site, everything thats ever been shared/discussed can be found with a google search

if it really bothers you just set a password to your upload & then you can monitor who downloads it

It bothers me that people can grab mixes without even being members of the forum. I just can't get my head around that. If you can download mixes without being a registered user, then these people won't bother creating an account, which in turn would see them contributing by commenting, posting and sharing, because you can't post if you don't have an account.

I'm passed caring about people downloading my mixes, it's more able not giving people the incentive to create their own account and get involved on OSA.

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Requiring a membership on top of registration may also filter out leechers although if they are profiteering off yours and others generosity I doubt a fee would be very off-putting although it would increase the income to cover hosting costs.

It's more about trying to get people that come onto the site to get involved. I just want to see more activity on this board bud.

Last edited: