Hi everyone

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jay_Wilde

Jul 3, 2020
Hi there. My names Jay. Known Butty since he first started DJing at Maximes so I should of been on here a long time ago ?. I got into dance music back in 1989 and have loved my oldskool ever since. My wife is one of the original Blackburn Warehouse ravers. I have been clubbing all over the place but got my main education in the Hacienda, Bowlers, Wigan Pier (fridays) and Maximes (saturdays). I have a pair of technics 1210’s, a pair of pioneer CDJ 2000 nexus and a pioneer DJM 700. Thanks for letting me join your group

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
Nice one Jay, maximes feels like forever ago now doesn't it. Had some right nights there playing first and last set drinking as much possible inbetween the sets and honing my skills at sobering up to play. I feel like it has helped me ever since :pixie:

Look forward to hearing you on the radio soon mate :thumbsup:

Jay_Wilde

Jul 3, 2020
Nice one Jay, maximes feels like forever ago now doesn't it. Had some right nights there playing first and last set drinking as much possible inbetween the sets and honing my skills at sobering up to play. I feel like it has helped me ever since :pixie:

Look forward to hearing you on the radio soon mate :thumbsup:

Maximes was like one big family. Always a top line up, dancefloor was rammed. “The place to be” was a very fitting tagline. All the reasons I went for years. Was great seeing you and “part-timer” there. Couldn’t tell if you was pissed when you was on the decks cos you did a top set both at the start and the end. Top, top days I’ll never forget. Was upsetting when it ended