Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manchester 1995, House/Techno scene

yo

I smell fruits

[QUOTE=original.ital;921402]
    Quote Originally Posted by chinatownswhite View Post

This is a wicked find. Never seen this live footage before.

Good job bro!
    Dont know if you have seen this one below , thought you may like it has you did say about old hip hop acts....

This does make me laugh has in the stupid mac ds manager

Public Enemy, Betty Boo & She Rockers

[QUOTE=chinatownswhite;921470]
    Quote Originally Posted by original.ital View Post

Dont know if you have seen this one below , thought you may like it has you did say about old hip hop acts....

This does make me laugh has in the stupid mac ds manager

Public Enemy, Betty Boo & She Rockers
    Whoa! Professor Griff beatboxing with Betty Boo rapping in McDonalds.. lol I would have never believed it, if i didn't see this footage. Its funny to for the McD manager looking rather disapproving lol

Thanks for sharing this footage bro!

Cocks in frocks

re:madchester

Good nostalgia here, remember bugged out but never did go. Didn't really get into clubbing and going out until '97 so I missed the early 90s and mid 90s scene, so to speak, but did listen to tapes from a mate who recorded sunrise radio, so he got me into it all so to speak. Great thread!

One thing I did forget to mention I did not know that house music even existed until 1994 when someone gave me a mix tape he had done to listen to and I was converted instantly, I don't think I listen to any hardcore after that. Well I say that but in 2018 I started to listen to a bit again, just to give my self a break from house.

Because I did not get into house until 1994 and started to go to house events in 96 this is why my taste vary so much to a lot of the guys on here.
    Last edited by Jigsaw; 2nd July 2020 at 06:28 AM.

http://buzzin-house.com//
    Another old skool forum

https://www.mixcloud.com/live/Gregstaj/ Live from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    One thing I did forget to mention I did not know that house music even existed until 1994 when someone gave me a mix tape he had done to listen to and I was converted instantly, I don't think I listen to any hardcore after that. Well I say that but in 2018 I started to listen to a bit again, just to give my self a break from house.

Because I did not get into house until 1994 and started to go to house events in 96 this is why my taste vary so much to a lot of the guys on here.
    Interesting stuff. Like I said earlier I grew up listening to soul, reggae and hip-hip. Reggae/dub has always been my main go-to music. My elder siblings also listened to soul and house. They listened Steve Silk hurley, Inner City and Ten City. As a kid I always found the cover of a Ten City record hilarious because of the guys haircut (see attached lol).

Name:  R-78971-1424078687-7244.jpeg.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  100.7 KB

I thought his haircut had gone badly wrong but listenening to one of the dub mixes got me intrigued. But I wasn't old enough to go parties or raves. After frequenting various raves and free parties during 91-93 I found the raves had lost its vibe for me. So I started to go house clubs, but the harder house/techno sound appealed to me more than anything. From 93-97'ish it was the hard-house/techno scene for me. The bpm was similar to hardcore rave scene from 91. It all boiled down to one thing, the music made you wanna jack. The following track is what I really liked! Peace

Hardhouse is great and techno is OK i have a few techno records and don't mind a bit thrown into a set but its just a little to banging for me and the techno I have came from a trance label and i like trance as much as Progressive house.

I like later trance 1998 and up well in to 2000 i was still going out i did intill i was 30 then just stopped.

I like to go to the night clubs as well they played some nice house in my local night clubs and i judt like getting drunk beer is good.

I could not go to clubs or events anymore and dance all night as my back is fucked.
    Last edited by Jigsaw; 2nd July 2020 at 09:42 PM.

Another old skool forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    I could not go to clubs or events anymore and dance all night as my back is fucked.
    It happens to the best of us bro

Bowlers

What about bowlers that place was the shit

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    What about bowlers that place was the shit
    I would love to go to the bowlers when OSA have event their and put faces to some of the guys on the radio that i chat to but am to far away

Another old skool forum