Manchester 1995, House/Techno scene

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
One thing I did forget to mention I did not know that house music even existed until 1994 when someone gave me a mix tape he had done to listen to and I was converted instantly, I don't think I listen to any hardcore after that. Well I say that but in 2018 I started to listen to a bit again, just to give my self a break from house.

Because I did not get into house until 1994 and started to go to house events in 96 this is why my taste vary so much to a lot of the guys on here.

Last edited:

original.ital

Jun 14, 2020
One thing I did forget to mention I did not know that house music even existed until 1994 when someone gave me a mix tape he had done to listen to and I was converted instantly, I don't think I listen to any hardcore after that. Well I say that but in 2018 I started to listen to a bit again, just to give my self a break from house.

Because I did not get into house until 1994 and started to go to house events in 96 this is why my taste vary so much to a lot of the guys on here.

Interesting stuff. Like I said earlier I grew up listening to soul, reggae and hip-hip. Reggae/dub has always been my main go-to music. My elder siblings also listened to soul and house. They listened Steve Silk hurley, Inner City and Ten City. As a kid I always found the cover of a Ten City record hilarious because of the guys haircut (see attached lol).

R-78971-1424078687-7244.jpeg.jpg

I thought his haircut had gone badly wrong but listenening to one of the dub mixes got me intrigued. But I wasn't old enough to go parties or raves. After frequenting various raves and free parties during 91-93 I found the raves had lost its vibe for me. So I started to go house clubs, but the harder house/techno sound appealed to me more than anything. From 93-97'ish it was the hard-house/techno scene for me. The bpm was similar to hardcore rave scene from 91. It all boiled down to one thing, the music made you wanna jack. The following track is what I really liked! Peace

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Hardhouse is great and techno is OK i have a few techno records and don't mind a bit thrown into a set but its just a little to banging for me and the techno I have came from a trance label and i like trance as much as Progressive house.

I like later trance 1998 and up well in to 2000 i was still going out i did intill i was 30 then just stopped.

I like to go to the night clubs as well they played some nice house in my local night clubs and i judt like getting drunk beer is good.

I could not go to clubs or events anymore and dance all night as my back is fucked.

Last edited: