Would anyone stay tuned if I played an hour set like this?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
Looking to make my OSA debut 1 weekend soon but don't want to just jump on in and play the Italian piano anthems.

Would anyone stay tuned if I played an hour set like this?

https://www.mixcloud.com/stephen-carswell/stetheboro-afterdark-mix-part-7-may-2020/

I do have a very varied set of vinyl ranging from stuff they used to play at The Havana in Middlesbrough right through to break stuff (2001) that seems to be the norm here in the US. (I got given the break vinyl with my Technics)

I've not heard anyone else play this kind of stuff on OSA from around 1993 and might be too hard for people.

I cant even say I have a particular style that I favour and buy quite a few different styles from Discogs.

I mean I bought Dreams of Santa Anna & Sperminator - No Women Allowed in 1 go of the same seller, even he commented damn that's a big jump in styles haha

Thanks

billyrave

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 28, 2012
Inside the Box
Not had chance to listen yet Ste, but thought I'd acknowledge your post. Been rebuilding my pc for the best part of 12 hours. I'll have a scan when I get a minute but I'm sure it will be reet :thumbsup:

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Play it and find out:)

You can’t please all the people all the time, also sometimes takes time to build a following..

I’ll check it out n give feedback when I get a mo..

You have some serious knowelwbe and diversity here, all of us like different styles including non dance :)

I’ll listen to anything to Motown, Led Zep, northern Soul, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, stone roses, but no fookin dubstep lol

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
That mix will be fine pal.. Probably more suited to a later time but still peeps would lock.

Especially by those who like it hard such as deaksy mrs ;)

Preferred the first half n a few of my faves but I’m a bit of a plinky plonk softy :D