Superstar Djs(Facebook live)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Everyone’s in lockdown so that means there is a pool of talent invading our phones(licks lips),the likes of Carl cox,judge jules,the oldskool djs from back in the day to fatboy slims daughter.Anyway I’m a little disappointed in some of the famous djs,they seemed to have ditched they’re vinyl(most of them)and have been using controllers,even though they are cool I just think they should of put some effort in like turning on they’re turntables would have loved to have seen them spinning the vinyl they once used to do when we raved our tits off and another thing,the audio quality as been crap(most of them),they have just placed a phone in front of speaker on pressed live.Expected more.Opinions ?

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
I seen Carl Cox playin vinyl last week.. he said his collection is 150,000!

He wasn’t really mixin but playin classics he grew up with, eg some disco n electro but nice stuff

Also seen slipmat playin all sorts of stuff but no hardcore, many cheesey things like strike but just havin fun n were using CDJ.. he did a lil bit scratchin in a CDJ n few newer Housey type remixes.

Personally love to see the old guys using vinyl and reckon they have a great chance if it’s there own set up but for many it’s no longer for them. If they are using something else be nice if they actually do something that makes you appreciate there skill or knowledge given their experience.

That’s said it’s all about the music so as long as they are having fun or giving something back its all good:)

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I seen Carl Cox playin vinyl last week.. he said his collection is 150,000!

He wasn’t really mixin but playin classics he grew up with, eg some disco n electro but nice stuff

Also seen slipmat playin all sorts of stuff but no hardcore, many cheesey things like strike but just havin fun n were using CDJ.. he did a lil bit scratchin in a CDJ n few newer Housey type remixes.

Personally love to see the old guys using vinyl and reckon they have a great chance if it’s there own set up but for many it’s no longer for them. If they are using something else be nice if they actually do something that makes you appreciate there skill or knowledge given their experience.

That’s said it’s all about the music so as long as they are having fun or giving something back its all good:)

Yeah I seen coxy, good to see him using his vinyl again, I watched a docco about him few yr bk, he said he had to have a shipping container just for his records when he moved to oz, but Im sure he said he still has loads in the uk aswell:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Tbh id like to see how some of the big names who have moved from vinyl to other formats and see how they compare to the folks who have stayed on the vinyl over the yrs in their bedrooms...Now that would be a comp:D

we need a lockdown battle the pros verse no names:D

billyrave

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 28, 2012
Inside the Box
Yeah I seen coxy, good to see him using his vinyl again, I watched a docco about him few yr bk, he said he had to have a shipping container just for his records when he moved to oz, but Im sure he said he still has loads in the uk aswell:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Tbh id like to see how some of the big names who have moved from vinyl to other formats and see how they compare to the folks who have stayed on the vinyl over the yrs in their bedrooms...Now that would be a comp:D

we need a lockdown battle the pros verse no names:D

Now that's what I'm after - what's the chances of saying, hey coxy, get on osa and battle Jack please . . . or sasha, Brock's got a message for yas . . .

now we're talking . . .:thumbsup:

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Now that's what I'm after - what's the chances of saying, hey coxy, get on osa and battle Jack please . . . or sasha, Brock's got a message for yas . . .

now we're talking . . .:thumbsup:

Bring it on! :starwars:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
They will still have their vinyl, just easier to cart around hard drives and pen drives.

Lazy bastids :D

Some one on YouTube was interviewing graeme park and that's pretty much what he said it's a lot easier to carry round USB stick over vinyl and his preference is to use CDJs and he said he didn't think the older house was better than newer house he said something on the lines of looking forward.

https://youtu.be/zr3TXWmYb1Y

Here is the interview.

I personally have no experience of using hi end cdj's so can make no comment on them. Am sure the hi end ones are fun to use.

Last edited:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
I tell you who I would like to see on the radio is Derrick Carter god that man can mix :fekked: He can do some amazing mixes his mixing is out of this world.

I have never heard anyone mix as good as him he never stops mixing and does a good job of it.

He does such long mixers and its on vinyl... well the stuff i had heard.

You don't hear him mention on here as he is a USA DJ... and he plays a lot of later house and very banging house.

even his 95 set I have heard sound like it was done a lot later.

Last edited:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
I saw John Digweed playing live on Mixcloud what looked like 1210's to me, but it was very dark he was just amazing, blew my mind his mixing was perfect :love::love::love:

Tallpaul was on their as well but he was playing on cdj's what looked like a party somewhere, his set was not great but looked like he was having fun and talking on the mic.

Mar 15, 2006
Carlisle
Yes i concur .. Sticks can carry a shit load of tunes .. Things change with that ... Wider range of tunes with way too many shitty remakes of classics for a start ... Personally i'd like to see the the DJ return back to carrying a bag/trolley thingymajig ... limiting what they have brought to the table but really thought out what they brought ...