OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7

Listeners @

'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

Thread: Superstar Djs(Facebook live)

Superstar Djs(Facebook live)

Everyoneís in lockdown so that means there is a pool of talent invading our phones(licks lips),the likes of Carl cox,judge jules,the oldskool djs from back in the day to fatboy slims daughter.Anyway Iím a little disappointed in some of the famous djs,they seemed to have ditched theyíre vinyl(most of them)and have been using controllers,even though they are cool I just think they should of put some effort in like turning on theyíre turntables would have loved to have seen them spinning the vinyl they once used to do when we raved our tits off and another thing,the audio quality as been crap(most of them),they have just placed a phone in front of speaker on pressed live.Expected more.Opinions ?

They will still have their vinyl, just easier to cart around hard drives and pen drives.

Lazy bastids

I seen Carl Cox playin vinyl last week.. he said his collection is 150,000!

He wasnít really mixin but playin classics he grew up with, eg some disco n electro but nice stuff

Also seen slipmat playin all sorts of stuff but no hardcore, many cheesey things like strike but just havin fun n were using CDJ.. he did a lil bit scratchin in a CDJ n few newer Housey type remixes.

Personally love to see the old guys using vinyl and reckon they have a great chance if itís there own set up but for many itís no longer for them. If they are using something else be nice if they actually do something that makes you appreciate there skill or knowledge given their experience.

Thatís said itís all about the music so as long as they are having fun or giving something back its all good

Check Out my OSA DJ Profile - contains links to a few of my mixes including my OSA & Timeless competition winning mix exclusively available to gold members

Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by JACKG View Post
    I seen Carl Cox playin vinyl last week.. he said his collection is 150,000!

He wasnít really mixin but playin classics he grew up with, eg some disco n electro but nice stuff

Also seen slipmat playin all sorts of stuff but no hardcore, many cheesey things like strike but just havin fun n were using CDJ.. he did a lil bit scratchin in a CDJ n few newer Housey type remixes.

Personally love to see the old guys using vinyl and reckon they have a great chance if itís there own set up but for many itís no longer for them. If they are using something else be nice if they actually do something that makes you appreciate there skill or knowledge given their experience.

Thatís said itís all about the music so as long as they are having fun or giving something back its all good
    Yeah I seen coxy, good to see him using his vinyl again, I watched a docco about him few yr bk, he said he had to have a shipping container just for his records when he moved to oz, but Im sure he said he still has loads in the uk aswell

Tbh id like to see how some of the big names who have moved from vinyl to other formats and see how they compare to the folks who have stayed on the vinyl over the yrs in their bedrooms...Now that would be a comp

we need a lockdown battle the pros verse no names

Quote Originally Posted by chinatownswhite View Post
    Yeah I seen coxy, good to see him using his vinyl again, I watched a docco about him few yr bk, he said he had to have a shipping container just for his records when he moved to oz, but Im sure he said he still has loads in the uk aswell

Tbh id like to see how some of the big names who have moved from vinyl to other formats and see how they compare to the folks who have stayed on the vinyl over the yrs in their bedrooms...Now that would be a comp

we need a lockdown battle the pros verse no names
    Now that's what I'm after - what's the chances of saying, hey coxy, get on osa and battle Jack please . . . or sasha, Brock's got a message for yas . . .

now we're talking . . .

Quote Originally Posted by billyrave View Post
    Now that's what I'm after - what's the chances of saying, hey coxy, get on osa and battle Jack please . . . or sasha, Brock's got a message for yas . . .

now we're talking . . .
    Bring it on!

Check Out my OSA DJ Profile - contains links to a few of my mixes including my OSA & Timeless competition winning mix exclusively available to gold members

Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Superdan View Post
    They will still have their vinyl, just easier to cart around hard drives and pen drives.

Lazy bastids
    Some one on YouTube was interviewing graeme park and that's pretty much what he said it's a lot easier to carry round USB stick over vinyl and his preference is to use CDJs and he said he didn't think the older house was better than newer house he said something on the lines of looking forward.

https://youtu.be/zr3TXWmYb1Y

Here is the interview.

I personally have no experience of using hi end cdj's so can make no comment on them. Am sure the hi end ones are fun to use.
    Last edited by Jigsaw; 25th April 2020 at 04:26 PM.

http://buzzin-house.com//
    Another old skool forum

https://www.mixcloud.com/live/Gregstaj/ Live from time to time

I tell you who I would like to see on the radio is Derrick Carter god that man can mix He can do some amazing mixes his mixing is out of this world.

I have never heard anyone mix as good as him he never stops mixing and does a good job of it.

He does such long mixers and its on vinyl... well the stuff i had heard.

You don't hear him mention on here as he is a USA DJ... and he plays a lot of later house and very banging house.

even his 95 set I have heard sound like it was done a lot later.
    Last edited by Jigsaw; 14th June 2020 at 09:37 PM.

http://buzzin-house.com//
    Another old skool forum

https://www.mixcloud.com/live/Gregstaj/ Live from time to time