Help needed with tune - REALLY vague description >_<

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Alex79uk

Mar 26, 2019
Alright guys, I'm really hoping someone might be able to help me as I've been trying to identify this tune for over a decade!

Back in the 90s I bought loads of those cheap ass compilations and I'm sure this tune was on one called 'This is... Hardcore". But I've since located that set and it doesn't seem to be on there. I'm wondering if I had a volume 2 as well or something, god knows...

Anyway, the tune!

I'm convinced it was by Dougal and someone, but memory is hazy, obviously, and I might not even be right. But for some reason Dougal is definitely in my head. It's not happy hardcore, but it had an oldskool beat, quite fast, and really moody, depressing, droning strings on top of it. I'm not sure there was even a melody as such, just the moody strings droning on in the background. For a long while I thought it was called Journey something or other, but it's definitely 100% not The Journey by Ramos and Supreme...

And that's about all I've got to go on. Sorry, I know it's not much at all, but I absolutely loved that track and haven't been able to find it for years.

Apologies for such a vague recollection, but any ideas!? Thanks :)

Alex79uk

Mar 26, 2019
Found it!!

Fuck sake, turns out it WAS Ramos & Supreme's Journey but it was the Fusion Mix! I also totally forgot about the piano in the middle.

Fuck me, ten years I've been looking for that, and I'd been so close all along...

:lol: