lockdown benefits...in search of Vertigo

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

the basement

VIP Silver Member
Apr 4, 2020
ey up,

So my mind wanders...wonder if years of ‘enjoying myself’ has anything to do with that?

I’ve been searching for a DJ Vertigo mixtape for years, since I lost it in like 99 or something...left it in a volkswagen polo stereo when I sold the car...the tape was worth more than the car.

Only things I could remember (see earlier comment about mind and retention) was fog horns, donna summer and possibly the beloved.

I’d almost given up looking...

However, the internet is a wonderful, wonderful thing, lockdown had me searching old Vertigo mixes on youtube

But, nope, not there, loads of other cracking mixes but. not. mine....

Then I turned up state of e’dependence...Donna Summer I thought, cracked it I thought...

Bollocks...

Nope not that either, Donna Summer was last track side two (cogs turning slowly)...

Then Oldskoolanthemz comes up, waited til today to get my privileges (skins, snout and a phone card I had to get off Big Dave) and first search turns up DJ Vertigo - No turn unstoned...

Halle-fucking-luján!!!

I used to go to the Basement in Birkenhead as a 15 year old, Quad when I could afford it...free parties in Leasowe...obviously why I still love either dark sweaty confined spaces with a UV, a strobe, dodgy cunts by the bogs and fuck all else OR the wide open spaces and a beautiful sunrise.

I’m forty fucking seven, stuck indoors for 12 weeks as I’ve got Myeloma as well and this virus shit will kill my ass in two seconds...I would REALLY (can you not tell?) REALLY like to hear this mix again...

Can any of you folks out there help a brother out?

Also Hello....

billyrave

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 28, 2012
Inside the Box
Welcome aboard the oldskool mothership basement :cool:

Probably one of the more interesting introductions Ive read :D

I was about to suggest that Brady is probably the man who could sort you out - behold - he's already sorted it phones:

the basement

VIP Silver Member
Apr 4, 2020
oh hells yeah!

I’m going to be a searching frenzy...thanks so much for the link Brady, it has proper made my day!

the basement

VIP Silver Member
Apr 4, 2020
managed to get it playing....

They say don’t meet your heroes, so glad it’s as good as I remembered...

totally totally blown away

A thousand thanks!

the basement

VIP Silver Member
Apr 4, 2020
I’ve got some nights in Shelly’s, renaissance, the palais, the quad and few digs and whoosh to look out for...

keep it locked down people