How to stop hum in your speakers when using USB connection to your computer :)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
61F2X3CAMjL._AC_SL1023_.jpg

6158I1l8UzL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Its taken me ages how to figure out how to do this, The reason I don't use the USB connection from my mixer is because its not very good sound quality.

And using a USB connector is a lot better sound quality than using the mixers USB connection, as it going straight through my amp using a RCA jack. But I was getting a annoying hum through my speakers but the Carpower High End Ground Isolator Might resolve this does anyone know?

I can't afford this at the moment as I just treated myself to something else, but it would make a nice Christmas present.

I noticed their is one of these as well Behringer MICROHD Hum Destroyer HD400

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I used to get this problem when ripping tapes...

One of the first things I was told and did was make sure your wires aka power leads, speaker leads etc are not all bunched up, crossing over each other.

Another thing I was also told, was when recording turn ya net off when recording to pc etc.

The above made a differance.

But I think your on about recording from decks ?????

I have (recorded out) from my decks via my AH Xzone 23 mixer, through a Behringer UCA202 which is RCA to a USB to my pc and have not had any hum problems etc..

Are your RCA cables decent, have you tried another set ?

Last edited:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
I used to get this problem when ripping tapes...

One of the first things I was told and did was make sure your wires aka power leads, speaker leads etc are not all bunched up, crossing over each other.

Another thing I was also told, was when recording turn ya net off when recording to pc etc.

The above made a differance.

But I think your on about recording from decks ?????

I have (recorded out) from my decks via my AH Xzone 23 mixer, through a Behringer UCA202 which is RCA to a USB to my pc and have not had any hum problems etc..

Are your RCA cables decent, have you tried another set ?

I bought some rca inter connects that should isolate any interference they did not work. My speaker cable is perfectly striaght and so are all my wires..

Am recording from my amp not mixer, my mixer runs through my amp then I use to the record line out on my amp. back to the usb gadget.

But I know its the usb gadget causing the issue because as soon as you plug it into the PC the hum starts.

I might try turning of the internet but that could annoy the mrs then I will get a hum in my ears lol.

I did read somewhere else that mics can cause the same issue and to reslove the issue they bought one of these isolators.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I bought some rca inter connects that should isolate any interference they did not work. My speaker cable is perfectly striaght and so are all my wires..

Am recording from my amp not mixer, my mixer runs through my amp then I use to the record line out on my amp. back to the usb gadget.

But I know its the usb gadget causing the issue because as soon as you plug it into the PC the hum starts.

I might try turning of the internet but that could annoy the mrs then I will get a hum in my ears lol.

I did read somewhere else that mics can cause the same issue and to reslove the issue they bought one of these isolators.

LOL i dont mean turn your net off at the plug, just net connection to your lappy or descktop if you using pc to record

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
One thing I will say is, I have some desk top speakers which I plug in to my headphone socket for sound out etc.

Now the hum on them is crazy, they used to be sweet , no probs when new, I think the jack has worn, or could it be those rubber bits round the jack, anyway if I twist the jack a little bit the hum goes

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
I manged to resolve the issue in the end, by using record line out on the mixer then plug straight into the usb on my computer and not to use the amp at all, this has worked perfectly for me, finally I've got this sorted I've been itching my head over this for ages. :thumbsup:

Happy days :D