Cheesetastic Gurners

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Spektral

Jan 24, 2019
I'm sure everybody here will have their own fairly-cheese-tastic favourites which also could be categorised as being, simultaneously, well-worthy piano/rave tune gurners of the highest order.

These may be tunes which, looking back, capture a time, a place, a year, have some slamming kick about them....but are for anybody else who didn't live the era (say, people of the general public who are in the car next to you in the queue at some traffic lights as you rock out, mentioning no names at all :$) complete cheddar and, if you're a bloke, probably think you're a right mangina.

It is of course a matter of taste. One man's cheddar is often another man's solid gourmet meal.... but I tend to think there is a little niche of tunes which are both stormers yet also potentially embarrassing from a "normie" {non-raver generation} perspective.

For example, Euphoria - Love You Right. For me, a proper Zone tune piano stormer from "back in the day" (TM) with all the key ingredients of bubbly bass, piano licks, screaming women, strings and my favourite beat/break style... for others, it may be a case of "pass the cheese knife, it's time to break out the Jacob's crackers".

There's two videos of this, the original with the original singer:

Euphoria - Love You Right (European version) - YouTube

The re-cut, with the front-woman covering the words, which still tends to be my favourite:

Euphoria - Love You Right - YouTube

You even get a bit of Top Gun tier homo-erotica with the dancers with Simon Baker of Mentalist fame, if you're into that kind of thing.

For the second course, here is BG and the Prince Of Rap - I control the party:

BG The Prince Of Rap - Take Control Of The Party - YouTube

Although I do prefer the more tougher mix, which I can't help but shake around to:
B. G. THE PRINCE OF RAP - TAKE CONTROL OF THE PARTY (SINISTER DUB) (

Are there any more contenders?

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Reckon this one fits the traffic lights scenario :D:D:D

Driving home on a sunday morning after a allnighter :mad:

Cars overloaded with ya mates all off their tits, covered in vicks & still rocking out in the back:fekked::fekked::fekked::fekked: