OSA search function

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Been going through my three external hard drives today trying to work out what I have shared on here, or not.

The search function is dreadful. There are mixes that I know I have shared, but when I search for them they aren't found.

Was going to spend a couple of hours adding so new shares, but no idea what I have or haven't :confused:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Use google the best search engine in the world anything on here you have shared will show. only works if a forum is established and been around for a while.
I can bring up any thread on this forum related to what your searching works with everything I have added

PHPbb seems to have something built into it and does not work very well with google and vBulletin works better with google than phpbb but then vBulletin is £187.20, but then mybb works well with google and cost nothing. But mybb is not as good a script as phpbb and thats why I use phpbb.

and vBulletin is a total rip of and gets to many bad reviews and their are cheaper scripts that are better than Vbulletin like xenforo what is only a $160.

Last edited:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Untitled-1.png

I did this Danny Rampling # Moving Beats Vol#5 1997 and got this, look at image above.

More results from www.oldskoolanthemz.com Click on this and it will bring up everything ever shared on the forum related to Danny Rampling.

Last edited:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Use google the best search engine in the world anything on here you have shared will show. only works if a forum is established and been around for a while.
I can bring up any thread on this forum related to what yur serchin works with everything I have added

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Been going through my three external hard drives today trying to work out what I have shared on here, or not.

The search function is dreadful. There are mixes that I know I have shared, but when I search for them they aren't found.

Was going to spend a couple of hours adding so new shares, but no idea what I have or haven't :confused:

I had the same probs a while ago, Scott told me to do the same as the others above and it works the best....

Nice to see you back out and about on the forum dude :thumbsup:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
yeah I agree, I use google search all the time and then add 'oldskoolanthemz' to the end of the query

threads that have been on the site for a while go into the archive which maybe excludes them from the on site search results

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/archive/index.php/f-52-p-41.html

when all the threads were deleted a few month ago they were still visible via google, but when you clicked on them they weren't (if that makes sense!)

Last edited:

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
Didn't a load of threads disappear a few years back when the server crashed? I think some hadn't been backed up.

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Didn't a load of threads disappear a few years back when the server crashed? I think some hadn't been backed up.

Yes it's crashed I think it got hacked and he had no backups, I noticed it when I had not been a member for
very long this forum has been vb for many years and the dates don't go back that far. It happens to tons of forums it the nature of the beast people love to hack.

You must keep bakups then you can just restore the databases it pretty easy to do.

It not just hacker the hdd can fail I keep backup of my hdd you just never know. Their is something you can have on a server that kicks in if one hard drive fails but I can't remember the technical term as I have pulled away from all the geeky stuff. I remember the name it's called raid.

Am well behind on all my computer stuff I lost interest in it.

Last edited: