OSA Radio - Old Skool Music 24/7




Listeners @

'Open' when prompted to play in your chosen player

Download The App

Download Free Old Skool Mixes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Live House Collection Chapter 1

  1. #31

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    East of England
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ass View Post
    Isnt track 6 on Coxy this?

    https://www.discogs.com/Brooklyns-Po...release/172855

    Sounds like the daily singing mix, but just the vocal part, maybe just looped?
    It just could be a mix that's not on discogs I have records that are not even listed on their how would you loop it record it then just keep playing it back and back.

    Am not sure that technology was around then.

    I have not listen to these but I did have poor and needy on record but I sold it as I thought I was never going to own turntables then.

    I never mixed with any of the other mixers apart from the famous mix, anyhow they sounded poo.


    http://buzzin-house.com//
    Another old skool forum

  2. #32

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    East of England
    Posts
    1,548
    Technology was so bad back then I did not even own a computer until I was 25. Hi fi was good back then. You think how long it's taken for broadband to get fast.

    I know most of us own a tape player on here but it is a really shit technology compared to cd. Its so buggy.

    Tapes are a pain in the bum.

    Am going to keep my tape player but am so going to buy a cd recorder am sick of tapes giving me stick.


    http://buzzin-house.com//
    Another old skool forum

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsta View Post
    It just could be a mix that's not on discogs I have records that are not even listed on their how would you loop it record it then just keep playing it back and back.

    Am not sure that technology was around then.

    I have not listen to these but I did have poor and needy on record but I sold it as I thought I was never going to own turntables then.

    I never mixed with any of the other mixers apart from the famous mix, anyhow they sounded poo.
    He could just be playing the last few minutes of the track. And samplers on mixers have been around years man, this is Coxy we're talking about.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    East of England
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ass View Post
    He could just be playing the last few minutes of the track. And samplers on mixers have been around years man, this is Coxy we're talking about.
    I can't remember what mixer i had back then, it defiantly did not have a sampler on it. I did not know that their were samplers.

    I knew the internet existed but I never used it, god knows how I knew about Technics that must of been through mates or magazines.

    I had magazines or TV. back in 96

    I really did not have much technology then.

    My hi fi was ok but nothing to write home about.

    am pretty sure in 96 i knew nothing about Technics.

    I knew loads about painting and decorating as I was training to be a painter and I passed and I am still a painter and decorator up to this day.

    very limited knowledge about technology in them days


    http://buzzin-house.com//
    Another old skool forum

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by k00lworld View Post

    Unfortunately I have never ripped the Judge Jules tape and it keeps stopping every few seconds for the first and last few minutes of each side. I may have to attempt open heart surgery on the case!
    Have you tried high speed dubbing it to another cassette and ripping it from the new cassette if it works. I usually forward and rewind the tapes a few times if they are in poor condition.
    The Devil's Dandruff

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    On the dancefloor at Naughty But Nice, Hereford
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by chunky View Post
    Have you tried high speed dubbing it to another cassette and ripping it from the new cassette if it works. I usually forward and rewind the tapes a few times if they are in poor condition.
    I replaced the tape shell which was a surprising easy thing to do. I was expecting it to be more fiddly. However, the tape jams even in the new shell.

    Thanks for the suggestion regarding high speed dubbing. I'll give it a go.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    East of England
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by k00lworld View Post
    I replaced the tape shell which was a surprising easy thing to do. I was expecting it to be more fiddly. However, the tape jams even in the new shell.

    Thanks for the suggestion regarding high speed dubbing. I'll give it a go.

    I would stick it up your bum. lol

    Might make it a bit smelly.


    http://buzzin-house.com//
    Another old skool forum

  8. #38

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    East of England
    Posts
    1,548
    6,611 that lot of views !!!!


    http://buzzin-house.com//
    Another old skool forum

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •