Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
IS717586-01-01-BIG.jpg

My brother made me aware of these, I thought Technics had stop making turntables but obviously not. :thumbsup:

Check these baby's out.

Technics SL-1210 MK7 Turntable

Defiantly a Technics fan but won't be buying these a little bit out of my price range :thumbsup: :love::love::love:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
What the point of having a reverse play function that has to be turned on from under platter:confused::confused::confused:

Here's another review I took the end bit from the review, but they really are not liking this turntable

The problem though is that it IS a Technics. Putting out a new 1200 carries with it certain expectations that this doesn’t quite match up to, and unlike the Super OEM turntables out there, the new SL1200mk7 lacks the features of Reloop, the unique looks of Stanton, or the less expensive, but not cheap price of Pioneer. While this isn’t a Super OEM turntable, it is a $1k turntable that feels like one.

And this is why I like the Stanton is the unique looks of them. the looks of them might not be to everyone taste. the counter weight at the back looks so great on the first generation one, I know they kind of have a battle ship look about them and they are built like one but that's what make them unique and they mix perfectly.

The new stanton turntable I think they look so sexy:love::love::love:

Burien

Aug 16, 2018
Germany
ive seen an youtube video of the manager of technics he say that the new mk7 is made in Malaysia not in Japan sorry about that but Japan stuff are Handmade and still survived after 30 Years .. Malaysia is CDJ plastik Pioneer stuff .. i will think about it to buy somefing new ... just buy the old and good one

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
ive seen an youtube video of the manager of technics he say that the new mk7 is made in Malaysia not in Japan sorry about that but Japan stuff are Handmade and still survived after 30 Years .. Malaysia is CDJ plastik Pioneer stuff .. i will think about it to buy somefing new ... just buy the old and good one

The new technics outer case is made from aluminium and something else, I don't know about the components inside.

I 100% agree with you about buying second hand most of the time new is not better but it's nice sometimes to have something shiny and new.

And the older technic turntables like the MRK 2 are great turntables.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Every dj turntable in the world is said to be manufactured in one of the 2 factories in China that make them for everybody, including Pioneer, Denon, Reloop, Stanton etc

...apart from this one.

These aren't made in Japan because supposedly all the original tooling in the original factory was said to be worn, the technicians have moved on and obviously the costs would make them less appealing to poorer djs, but they made some really expensive and more audiophile turntables recently as they claimed they weren't interested in the dj market, and those were slated by dj's because the feet were too unstable for serious djing, but better for listening.

I'm really interested in these, but because my current set up works and the price is high, i'm holding off for now. I think the led light colour can be changed on these manually too, so you can customise to suit your mood.

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Every dj turntable in the world is said to be manufactured in one of the 2 factories in China that make them for everybody, including Pioneer, Denon, Reloop, Stanton etc

...apart from this one.

These aren't made in Japan because supposedly all the original tooling in the original factory was said to be worn, the technicians have moved on and obviously the costs would make them less appealing to poorer djs, but they made some really expensive and more audiophile turntables recently as they claimed they weren't interested in the dj market, and those were slated by dj's because the feet were too unstable for serious djing, but better for listening.

I'm really interested in these, but because my current set up works and the price is high, i'm holding off for now. I think the led light colour can be changed on these manually too, so you can customise to suit your mood.

They are not very good why would waste money on them I have seen these get a few bad reviews by guys who are reviewing dj aequipment all the time. I have seen it said a few times now that the reloops are a better turntable and saying if you did not know the technic name why would you buy these.

I would not buy the reloops as I think they are ugly to many buttons on them for my liking.

You have some nice 1210 mrk2 why not stick with them and the 1210's you have are very nice turntables

Last edited:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
They are not very good why would waste money on them I have seen these get a few bad reviews by guys who are reviewing dj aequipment all the time. I have seen it said a few times now that the reloops are a better turntable and saying if you did not know the technic name why would you buy these. It not people can't afford them but some us would rather have nicer houses and car instead of investing money in dj equipment, I would rather have nicer house and and some expensive technics in my house.

Fair enough I guess. I only saw a DJ City Mojaxx review saying they were tight and had sorted the problems out from the audiophile editions, but will definitely look at new reviews before I decide to buy, if I decide to buy :thumbsup:

The new Stantons have been written off by everybody i've seen review them though and you've praised those in your other thread. Maybe we use very different sources of reviewers

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Fair enough I guess. I only saw a DJ City Mojaxx review saying they were tight and had sorted the problems out from the audiophile editions, but will definitely look at new reviews before I decide to buy, if I decide to buy :thumbsup:

The new Stantons have been written off by everybody i've seen review them though and you've praised those in your other thread. Maybe we use very different sources of reviewers

I never bought them and I still have the first genration one what people love and say are the best one they released am going to stick with thsee. Their is no such thing as a perfect turntable and both take a bit of skill to use.

And the review i saw were by real people reviewing say they were as Good as.... :king:

Last edited:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com

I did find a review on these they perform as good as the mk2, the light on them is wobbly and they said they are to light to use to gig with , their has been some manufactures defects with them as quality control on them is not been to good, the spots on the platter have been defected on them, these are out of my budget anyhow.

Getting back to the Stanton mk2 you are correct what you said, their have been some issue with the ton arm and the counter weight on the back not working properly, pitch control not feeling very nice on them so won't be wasting £500 on them.

But the guy from DJ City Mojaxx did make a comment on the Stantons mk1 saying he had one for 15 years now and it still works the same as it did 15 years ago new out of the box.

So no issue with them lasting as long as the Technics and mine is about 15 years now the build quality is great so might buy a third one but that would mean a new mixer as mine is only a 2 channel one :thumbsup:.

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com

something you might want to watch about the new 1210 ;)

I did not specifically go looking for this review on the new Mk7 so I could slate the MK7, it popped up on my phone, as i had be looking at some of his videos the other day :thumbsup:

Last edited: