Pete Tong - Essential Selection 5th Feb 93 with Dave Seaman Hotmix (Full 2hr Show)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
was sent this over the weekend, full 2hr show with adverts and the news included so you can hear the full thing

Pete Tong Essential Selection 5th Feb 93 + Dave Seaman (Hotmix)

7pm - 9pm
1FM Top 20 Dance Chart
1. Deacon Blue - Will We Be Lovers (Norty 12") [16]
2. System 7 - 7:7 Expansion [10]
3. Shaggy - Oh Carolina [7]
ADVERTS
4. M-People - How Can I Love You More (Sasha's Master Mix) [5]
5. Gloworm - I Lift My Cup [3]
6. Annie Lennox - Little Bird (Todd Terry Mix) [2]
7. Gwen McCrae - All This Love That Im Giving [1]
NEWS
8. Our Tribe - I Believe In You (Euphorically) [FFRR]
9. Sunscreem - Pressure Us (Fire Island Mix)
10. Whitney Houston - Im Every Woman (Remix)
ADVERTS
11. Marxman - All About Eve [This Weeks Essential New Tune]
12. Digable Planets - Rebirth Of Slick (Cool Like Dat)
13. Reel 2 Real feat The Mad Stuntman - Go On Move (Erick More Mix)
14. CJ Bolland - Mantra [R&S]
15. Fluke - Slid [Circa]
16. Spooky - Schmoo [Guerilla]
17. United Future Organization - Loud Minority + Club Country Update
18. House Of Virginism - I'll Be There For You (Do Ya Do Do Do Do Ya)
19. Key West feat Erik - Looks Like I'm In Love Again (Finger Poppin' Good 12 Inch)
20. Mount Rushmore - The Vibe (Thats Flowing) [Azuli]
NEWS
Dave Seaman 30min Hotmix
21. Sandy B - Feel Like Singin' (Def Classic Mix) [Nervous]
22. E-Lustrious - Givin You No Rest [UFG]
23. Havana - Ethnic Prayer [Limbo]
24. Mukkaa - Buruchacca [Limbo]
25. Paul McCartney - Deliverance (Steve Anderson Dub Mix) [Parlophone]
26. Paul McCartney - Deliverance (Steve Anderson Remix)
27. Martha Wash - Give It To You (Momo's Dub Mix) [RCA]
28. The Christians - The Bottle [Island]
end of show

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Dave Seaman in his prime before the boring proggy days began. He was one of favourite DJs in 1992 and 93

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
That is a matter of option:p and to be honest I did not really like early proggy I like the later stuff 98 and up oakenfold sasha yes 95 and up but not seamen.I really did not like seamen in the 90s, that sound so crude but you know what am going on about.

Their are some good tracks in this mpeople I really like back in the 90s

You need to check out Dave Seaman's sets at Shelley's Greg. Incredible DJ. Always knew how to build a set well and picked the right tunes for the right moment. He has always planned his sets well.

I personally can't stand progressive house after 1996. To me, most of it is non descript. But as you say, it's opinions.

Have a listen to Dave Seaman @ Renaissance 28.22.1992.... Pure brilliance.

Your browser is not supported, sorry!

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Not listened to any of these sets and rarely download many of the sets you guys kindly up for everyone - only cos I never have time to listen to the fantastic music.

You guys have my huge respect for the effort u make to share the great music.

My 2 pence is that Dave seaman is a fantastic DJ (and producer with his partner Steve Anderson).

For me he was at his peak in say 91-93 and probably in the middle of that time was sublime.

Any DJ playing music that is newly released is only as good as the tunes produced - personally I think they were at the peak then but this is when we will all have our own opinions.

95-97 for me were weak years in dance music, well the music I like but still many great tunes were produced. I personally just think the overall quality and diversity was higher in 91-93 and this led to far better sets.. I also think there was more youthful enthusiasm by seaman the .

Great DJ and producer for many years either way :phones:

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Note to Greg , I like a lot of thelater stuff and was buying heavily on 97- 2001

especially prog.

I’d be buying mixmag, muzic, M8 n all other mags as well as listening to GU CDs but can honestly say a lot
Of the music although higher in production quality, arguable class isnt just an as enjoyable to listen too.. maybe it’s the take me on a journey thing but tune for tune the earlier sets were better and I appreciate that we’re all more challenging to mix well which is why I have this view:)

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Note to Greg , I like a lot of thelater stuff and was buying heavily on 97- 2001

especially prog.

I’d be buying mixmag, muzic, M8 n all other mags as well as listening to GU CDs but can honestly say a lot
Of the music although higher in production quality, arguable class isnt just an as enjoyable to listen too.. maybe it’s the take me on a journey thing but tune for tune the earlier sets were better and I appreciate that we’re all more challenging to mix well which is why I have this view:)

You want a hard tune to mix try this one for size this is very tricky to mix and this from 2003 :crazy:

A great tune but fucking hard to mix.

I mix 94 stuff in to this and don't just mix later stuff. I like 94, my sets are not all later stuff. my sets are variety of all years.

Don't forget am old like most people on here lol