Issues with Broadcasting

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
I have a DDJ SR2 paired with Technics 1200 MK2's.

I've got an issue where is probably related more to Windows than anything. Serato works flawlessly with Control vinyl or real vinyl but ' trying to use BUTT to broadcast and this is where the problems begin.

I don't seem to get any output from the DDJ SR2 to windows directly. I can open Sounds and see the SR2 and select as an input device but get no audio levels, same if I goto the recording section and choose listen to this device.

I hooked up my USB tape converter and don't have any issue with that at all.

I've re-installed the SR2 drivers twice and the sound-card in the PC and still the same. This occurs with or without Serato running.

Any ideas?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro

Thanks

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
I may have made progress do I need an additional cable going back from my mixer to the laptop for recording purposes?

I used an RCA to headphone Jack and ran via microphone to test and that works but sound is dreadful. Would a RCA to USB work?

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
I have a mixer with Usb and 2 turntables you connect the usb from your mixer in to the usb slot on your computer then butt should auto detect it.

Make sure all the imformation you put into butt is correct if not you will not get anywere if your using comcast you need speak to your host or shout cast they will be able to help.

I know how to connect but it can be complex the first time. You host can help you with all this. Auto dj need to be turned of etc etc...

It's to complex to explain if your host can't help you then he is useless and you need to find a new host and am been serious when I say this.

You will need someone the other end to help you if this is your first time.

I can set all up on my own but the first time I did it I needed my hosts help. It can take a few times to figure it all out.

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
https://www.zfast.co.uk/shoutcast-hosting

If you find your host does not know what he is doing , you can try these guys out above they will be able to talk you through the set up step by step they are expensive but really know their stuff.

Their are some real tossers out their who have no clue how to run a hosting company they will take your money and have no clue what they are doing. Hopefully your host it not one of them but if he or she is you can try the host above.