Track ID? Help!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

altern8fan

Oct 24, 2011
Anyone recognise this? It's from a Miss Moneypenny's mix by John Kelly 1994.

It samples bits of vocals from DJ's Rule - Give In To The Music but it's definitely not that.

Please help! Been after this for years!

Attachments

• TRACKID_1.mp3
    662.3 KB · Views: 431

misterjib

Feb 18, 2019
Bristol
Anyone recognise this? It's from a Miss Moneypenny's mix by John Kelly 1994.

It samples bits of vocals from DJ's Rule - Give In To The Music but it's definitely not that.

Please help! Been after this for years!

Could be a version of Quincy Jones' - Listen Up

https://www.discogs.com/Listen-Up-Listen-Up/master/151796

If it is this is very coincidental because I just registered specifically trying to ID a track that uses the same sample.

Pretty sure Djs Rule actually were sampling the Quincy Jones track. There are a quite a few others from 90-93 that also used it.

misterjib

Feb 18, 2019
Bristol

misterjib

Feb 18, 2019
Bristol
I'm looking for this which also has the vocals: Listen up everybody has a meaning

https://picosong.com/wSkMh/

Ha! That's the same track I'm trying to ID. Apparently it's quite the enigma. Heard it could be the B to the Dust 12 too. but kinda dismissed it because of the notes, which says it includes the next line of the sampled original...

It's a proper decent track imo, but that's subjective lol, no one seems to know for sure what it is.

gruuvs

Oct 8, 2018
Lebanon
www.OddHole.XYZ
Ha! That's the same track I'm trying to ID. Apparently it's quite the enigma. Heard it could be the B to the Dust 12 too. but kinda dismissed it because of the notes, which says it includes the next line of the sampled original...

It's a proper decent track imo, but that's subjective lol, no one seems to know for sure what it is.

Did you manage to find this beauty ? Still on the hunt with no results..