How are we all? Has this forum impacted you....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

STEADMANSCOTT

Sep 23, 2003
Manchester
Evening Guys,

I haven't been on here in years properly and it was a post from Melenko on Facebook that has made me re visit the OSA Forum where it all personally started for me... I mean as in... experiencing REAL clubbing with you crazy lot. The forum also made me want to become more than a bedroom DJ and made me want to go out in the world and DJ in clubs and bars like my fellow piers I met on here.... ( which i would like to say i have achieved, i think hahaha) Not to mention what a great bunch and like minded people i have met over the years from this very board....

So first Question.....

Has this Forum impacted on your life in a positive way? if so how and why?

Second Question....

How many of the OSA Crew still come on here from the 00's, it would be interesting to know how many still post and interact?

Love STEADMANSCOTT :):cool:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Evening Guys,

I haven't been on here in years properly and it was a post from Melenko on Facebook that has made me re visit the OSA Forum where it all personally started for me... I mean as in... experiencing REAL clubbing with you crazy lot. The forum also made me want to become more than a bedroom DJ and made me want to go out in the world and DJ in clubs and bars like my fellow piers I met on here.... ( which i would like to say i have achieved, i think hahaha) Not to mention what a great bunch and like minded people i have met over the years from this very board....

So first Question.....

Has this Forum impacted on your life in a positive way? if so how and why?

Second Question....

How many of the OSA Crew still come on here from the 00's, it would be interesting to know how many still post and interact?

Love STEADMANSCOTT :):cool:

This board has become dead again it had some activity for a few months then become dead again. This forum has had a good impact in my life.

When I first found this forum I was looking for some boxed sets to download but all the links were dead but their was still some activity back in 2015 :D

I have meet some great people on this forum we all love house music maybe not the same taste in house music. But we all have one thing in common are love for house music. Its a shame everyone has fucked of again old age and work is getting to them lol :p

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
if it wasn't for finding this place back in 2008 I think i'd have sold my decks by now... (again, sold my first set for a woman, big mistake) it opened up a whole new world of oldskool tunes I had no idea existed and I got chance to play on the radio which I still do now which keeps my love for the tunes going...
when my numbers come in i'm going to amass the greatest collection of quality (not shite) old tunes the world has ever seen.

yes the forum is not very active but Friday and Saturday in the shout box is still a laugh and there are always good tunes playing. Long live OSA in what ever guise...

Sonic92

VIP Gold Member
Apr 14, 2005
The Vault
Im still here mate, Ive enjoyed rediscovering OSA over the last couple of years, still lots of old members that tune in and drop by and loads of new ones, the current regular crop are a cracking bunch, as Sam said, Fridays and Saturdays are pretty lively until the early hours and there is action on odd nights in the week. I hope the site keeps going and the people keep supporting as its one of the few active old skool sites left! Even organised a few OSA nights which have been well attended - i even came out of retirement to play and enjoyed it :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 48697

New here a couple of months ago and loving it.. get to play on a Thursday @ 9pm lol :thumbsup: and have met a great bunch of nutty people!
Spend more time in chat than on forum..all good!

Spektral

Jan 24, 2019
It's a funny old world, isn't it? I was at work the other day, sat eating my lunch and had five minutes to spare.

"What could I tap into the net and look at?" I thought. There's so many things! "Hmmn, I wonder how OSA is doing these days, and if it is still even there..."

And lo and behold, it is - and not only that, but a few blasts from the past are also currently creating some new threads wondering if any more blasts from the past (like myself) are still hanging out in here. The timing is uncanny.

How has this forum impacted me, though?

Although I only ever met one person in real life on here (which didn't go very well at all to be honest) - and have only inadvertently met another one about twice through other people in the last several years - it used to be a very regular place for me. Then something happened and it kind of came to an end.

So much has changed since then, but so many things also remain the same! This goes for my own life and circumstances, but also for the site itself.

Forums are old technology now and OSA has clearly taken quite a nosedive in participation after the advent of social-media networks - but at the same time, it lives up to it's name, it is Old Skool, it functions well, it has categories which are easy to navigate and it has an aura and a sense of being all of its own.

You can't really do that or get that on Facebook and Twitter. (Not that I use them any more either!).

I can't really decide at the moment if OSA ended up making a good impact or bad impact on my life, particularly as I made a lot of mistakes here at what became quite a strange time in my life (and how there's so much to regret about it all) - but it must have had some good impact for me to still wonder if it was even online and to come and check it out again.

It's a shame it isn't busier - but at the same time, my life has got busier since my naive and somewhat inexperienced/hedonistic mid to late 20's and I doubt I could spend as much time as I used to do on here, not least because I have bought myself a house and I have been gutting it to a near-shell and getting almost every aspect of it redone (whilst also holding down a full time job), which is not always easy when you have a condition which makes you tired and have low energy levels most the time.

I haven't properly mixed on turntables since about 2004. I got a Pioneer DDJ about 6 years ago, but that's gathering dust as I couldn't get into it...but I still have all my vinyls (about 3,500 pre-1995 oldskool and 3,500 progressive house). I still love the OldSkool, and can't wait to build up my new record storage racks in my new house for a bit of a vinyl renaissance.

If you were part of the rave revolution, I don't think the magic of that time, that energy, etc can ever leave you. People who don't "get it", don't "get" the whole dance-music, classics, piano, rave, acid, stuff mystify me - but those strange people do exist!

I don't know if I will be staying around here on the forum (or even if I can do so), but if I don't, I still hope OSA remains online and has a good 20th anniversary in the next few weeks.

People have found friends here, found husbands, wives, had children, had good nights out, have shared the music and so on.

I may not have done so, but the site has been a good impact for those people who have and it may still provide good impact for others in the future.

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
^ you WERE OSA in my opinion, it was you who seemed to keep things ticking over thread wise. Because of your constant posting it encouraged others to do the same. Once you left it slowed down. I'm sure it would have remained more active if you'd been here still, even with social media being around. All it took was for core members who posted to go and it's like a domino effect. You were the start of the end imho.

I've always missed you. Being an 'internet friend' never meant I had any less love for you then a friend in the flesh if that makes sense. I gave up on social media years ago. It's horrible! I'll reply to rest later but just wanted you to know how ace I think you are and what a huge part of my life you as a person was during the OSA years :love:

Ps I'm not quite as big a nob as I was back then either ;)

Last edited:

Spektral

Jan 24, 2019
That's very kind of you to say and I hope you know that the sentiment you expressed is mutual. :$

Hopefully we can have a mini catch up (or even a maxi one!)....but how did you know it was me?! :confused: ;) :D :mad: :cops:

Taff

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2001
Manchester
Hi Scott. I only come on here once in a blue moon. My job and family have taken over my life now so I only occasionally dip my toes into House music when I haven't got any chores to do!!:S:S

Osa for life.

Hi everyone <3

So Danny R just shared the image of the "blasts from the past" event on OSA, with me just now. I wasn't even sure OSA was still here! I actually haven't logged in since 2014 (according to the little thing that tells you on the homepage). So, even typing this is very nostalgic for me; familiar, and very unfamiliar at the same time. A lot has changed since the mid 00s, when we were all in full flow. When I logged in, I remembered my password first time, through pure muscle memory - such a strange sensation.

My life couldn't be any more different to then (I now work at a tech consultancy in London doing grownup stuff and getting excited about nice red wine, and smelly cheese, vs. back in 2004 when I was 19/20, and all over the place and partying every single weekend, and having a million different jobs) - honestly two different lives. Im 36 now, what the actual hell.

On Butty's flyer for the lockdown 'blasts from the past' events, it says "back when OSA was life"....and it literally, genuinely was.

My life really did change for the better once I met everyone on here. I genuinely learned what proper friendship was. Some people I still speak to, and some have drifted as is natural. But those times were so important to me, and I'm genuinely so happy that they happened.

Helen (of 'Ow Do fame), just said, "we need a reunion", and I actually agree - it would be so great to see everyone again.

OSA (and the people) shaped me, and gave me a good head start into adulthood I reckon. Mainly down to the "no one here is a dick" mentality - nice people exist in the world, and thats genuinely a really important lesson to learn when you're young, at least it was for me.

So, the impact OSA had on my life was massive. It set me up to be a better person.

:love:

PS - loving seeing/remembering the emojis!!!!! :condom::mad::gigolo::wave::cops::crazy:phones::hubba::dummy:

Reactions: billyrave

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Hello! :wave:

So, bit of a strange one because I’ve not been here for a long time - and it was a chat with my sis (Lozzie) who was saying she’d been on that got me logging in.

So much has changed for me since the li’l Sonz days but the forum impacted massively on my life, as I’m sure those older members out there will know. :)

When I joined I was 17 and just getting into Old Skool thanks to Lozzie. I met some weird and wonderful people on here, many of whom are still ‘real life’ friends today.

I had a long relationship from finding this place and lots of life lessons and memories were made. I’m not sure people can comprehend how much of an impact this place had on peoples’ lives because there are other socials out there now but this place was huge. Friendships, weddings, babies, relationships etc were all made because of this place.

I don’t want to jabber on too much but, needless to say, this place (or some key OSAers) made a massive, positive impact on my life and I’ll always be truly grateful. Thank you.

OSSER FOREVER :love:

(not so) li’l Sonz xxx :luv:

Hi everyone <3

So Danny R just shared the image of the "blasts from the past" event on OSA, with me just now. I wasn't even sure OSA was still here! I actually haven't logged in since 2014 (according to the little thing that tells you on the homepage). So, even typing this is very nostalgic for me; familiar, and very unfamiliar at the same time. A lot has changed since the mid 00s, when we were all in full flow. When I logged in, I remembered my password first time, through pure muscle memory - such a strange sensation.

My life couldn't be any more different to then (I now work at a tech consultancy in London doing grownup stuff and getting excited about nice red wine, and smelly cheese, vs. back in 2004 when I was 19/20, and all over the place and partying every single weekend, and having a million different jobs) - honestly two different lives. Im 36 now, what the actual hell.

On Butty's flyer for the lockdown 'blasts from the past' events, it says "back when OSA was life"....and it literally, genuinely was.

My life really did change for the better once I met everyone on here. I genuinely learned what proper friendship was. Some people I still speak to, and some have drifted as is natural. But those times were so important to me, and I'm genuinely so happy that they happened.

Helen (of 'Ow Do fame), just said, "we need a reunion", and I actually agree - it would be so great to see everyone again.

OSA (and the people) shaped me, and gave me a good head start into adulthood I reckon. Mainly down to the "no one here is a dick" mentality - nice people exist in the world, and thats genuinely a really important lesson to learn when you're young, at least it was for me.

So, the impact OSA had on my life was massive. It set me up to be a better person.

:love:

PS - loving seeing/remembering the emojis!!!!! :condom::mad::gigolo::wave::cops::crazy:phones::hubba::dummy:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Love that Sonz! X

Hello! :wave:

So, bit of a strange one because I’ve not been here for a long time - and it was a chat with my sis (Lozzie) who was saying she’d been on that got me logging in.

So much has changed for me since the li’l Sonz days but the forum impacted massively on my life, as I’m sure those older members out there will know. :)

When I joined I was 17 and just getting into Old Skool thanks to Lozzie. I met some weird and wonderful people on here, many of whom are still ‘real life’ friends today.

I had a long relationship from finding this place and lots of life lessons and memories were made. I’m not sure people can comprehend how much of an impact this place had on peoples’ lives because there are other socials out there now but this place was huge. Friendships, weddings, babies, relationships etc were all made because of this place.

I don’t want to jabber on too much but, needless to say, this place (or some key OSAers) made a massive, positive impact on my life and I’ll always be truly grateful. Thank you.

OSSER FOREVER :love:

(not so) li’l Sonz xxx :luv:

Brian (DJB)

VIP Gold Member
Apr 8, 2018
Rochdale
nice to see old ones come back oldskool i think will always be with us

not been here long myself 2 and half years on here thanks to Billyrave, met a few on a OSA do cracking bunch of loons !

:crazy:

jamespianoman

Mar 21, 2014
North Yorkshire
www.oldskool.biz
I found out about OSA through him booking me to DJ and PA for him at his events. I met some really nice people despite the fact My djing was very bad and I did not even front the P.A. and attended the event only. OSA was not like Facebook is now or other forums with everyone backbiting and bringing down others everyone went to events and everyone was friends which I thought was a strange environment for me as I was used to just being rather singular.

Really genuine people at a time I was suffering from Bi-Polar that had gone undiagnosed until I was 42 years old. And at times when I acted like a total dick I was put in my place but people were always there, I never forgot that. I never will. :)

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
I've only just come back to the site after a number of years away.

I was a regular for a number of years and absolutely loved the site. It was great banter, and as someone passionate about the oldskool scene it was always great to share musical knowledge with others who can see a bit deeper than asha and young mc 😂

I loved going to nights raving with you lot, and have missed that scene. Loved the in my house nights and the retro trax gigs. Made many friends who it will be great to reconnect with.

I have missed OSA, happy to be back!!