Xone 23

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006
Anyone got one of these or even used one?

Thinking of getting one but wanna do a bit of research first.

Ta

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006
I'm not sure on the sound difference on the XLR connectors vs the RCA cables. Think i'll just get the XLR 1's anyway and just try the thing out for my self.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I'm not sure on the sound difference on the XLR connectors vs the RCA cables. Think i'll just get the XLR 1's anyway and just try the thing out for my self.

just been having a read about XLR vs. RCA, what I have read is Less hum. Less buzz. Less undesirable stuff.

Imo you would have to have your whole set up on the same connection, cant see the point in mixing the two...

Maybe im wrong:confused:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
just been having a read about XLR vs. RCA, what I have read is Less hum. Less buzz. Less undesirable stuff.

Imo you would have to have your whole set up on the same connection, cant see the point in mixing the two...

I have to say when I have used rca in the past when I use to have 1210s, were talking 90's here I use to record most of my mixers on to tape and never have had any issue with hum. They always seem to sound really good recording to me.

But their again I would not buy a flashy mixer just because I would not use any of the features.

And when all these new formats were coming out like mp3 to record your mixers on I still stuck with tapes to record my mixers on to. I would probably now record my stuff to mp3 as I like to upload my stuff to mixcloud.

I was a bit slow with technology and stuck with tapes whiles everyone else was buying cds. My brother could get head around why I would buy everything on tape and I would argue with him on the phone that tape sounded as good as cd in the end I had to buy cds as nothing was being produced on tape anymore.

Last edited:

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006

Never even thought about that Johnny haha

I got it anyway, running the RCA cables through the monitor output. Proper sturdy thing as well, well worth the moola!!

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Never even thought about that Johnny haha

I got it anyway, running the RCA cables through the monitor output. Proper sturdy thing as well, well worth the moola!!

The only thing I found with my 22 is when you turn on either of the filter butttons you get a slight volume peak , I would imagine has yours is the next one up from mine that issue has been fixed..

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006
Once I figured out how to use it I'll let you know :) Not really bothered about filters in all honesty. Just wanted a top notch 2 channel mixer (even though it's four channel).

The only thing I found is that the x fader has a slight "quiet zone" just before you put it fully over to one side, bit annoying but I mainly use the up faders anyway.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Once I figured out how to use it I'll let you know :) Not really bothered about filters in all honesty. Just wanted a top notch 2 channel mixer (even though it's four channel).

The only thing I found is that the x fader has a slight "quiet zone" just before you put it fully over to one side, bit annoying but I mainly use the up faders anyway.

When I first plugged mine in I thought had brought a new set of speakers not a mixer :D the sound was so loud & crisp etc

Mind you I had been using the very very old Numark mixer that came with my decks.

Funny you mention the cross fader, the curve on mine does not seem has long, has the one on my old Numark, the one the Numark seemed more like a up fader nice and gradual if you know what I mean...

But on a whole I reckon that A&h stuff for the price is top notch..

OLd pinkies got one of them Xone:92s ffs its got more knobs than a german orgy convention:crazy:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Am considering getting one of these or going for 23c as it has it own sound card and has a usb connection we will see. It's a way of yet as I get paid monthly. I was going to upgrade my turntables but now am use to my tt pros and I can get them to mix perfectly and at less they work, I could upgrade my turntables and I have had this before and they could be faulty more expensive does not mean they will not be faulty.

But to be honest I don't need the usb as I record all my stuff onto tape what sounds amazing.

We will see I might just blow most of my wages on discogs but a new mixer would be nice.

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com

I always find when you use the fader up it just don't sound as nice as the cross fader has your mixer not got a soft and hard setting mine has, have you tried diffrent settings and I only paid £75 for my mixer the knobs are plastic but it gives of really nice recordings, well that might be my stantons and my nice stylus.

jason67

Apr 12, 2010
Planina pod golico, Slovenia
So I'm looking to upgrade my mixer, at the moment I have a Vestax VMC-002XL . Had it quite a few years now and for some reason one of the trim keeps cutting the sound out to one of the speakers...

Anyway I fancy this Xone23 but I have a question, maybe it will be a real stupid one but here goes!

On my Vestax it has a monitor (slide thing??) so that you can listen to either channel but on the Xone it doesn't have one, so how does that work when you want to cue up the record??

Cheers!

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
So I'm looking to upgrade my mixer, at the moment I have a Vestax VMC-002XL . Had it quite a few years now and for some reason one of the trim keeps cutting the sound out to one of the speakers...

Anyway I fancy this Xone23 but I have a question, maybe it will be a real stupid one but here goes!

On my Vestax it has a monitor (slide thing??) so that you can listen to either channel but on the Xone it doesn't have one, so how does that work when you want to cue up the record??

Cheers!

If that is true then this mixer would be completely useless to me as I beat match by counting. I don't use any technology to help me mix. I don't see anything on the mixer that suggest you are incorrect

Behringer VMX100USB 2 Channel DJ Pro Mixer: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

I bought one of these and it does the job and its inexpensive and a great mixer and I use the line in and out on my amp and tape player to make my recordings so I totally by pass my mixer.

Your browser is not supported, sorry!

You can hear me mixing here remember I have used my amp to make the recordings my amp is expensive and so is my tape player.

A mixer does not make a good mix its the person who mixing who makes a good mix.

I learnt to mix the hard way their was none of this software around when I learnt to mix. so you were kind of force into it.

That BMP counter does kind of work, its good for a guidance it is a little inaccurate at times, but it does help I have found it helpful.

I might not like all this early house but I defiantly think Vinyl is the only way to mix. it just the best:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com

Cheers!

https://images.static-thomann.de/pics/atg/atgdata/document/manual/ap9250-issue-1-xone23-user-guide.pdf

I found this on line guide this might be able to clarify any question you might have. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps. :crazy: I just found the bit on the Cue/Mix Control confusing !!! lol