VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
Boy George @ Hot To Trot 1st Birthday 29th Oct 94

00:00 Happy Birthday intro
01:00 The Sound Of Music
02:30 Olga - Im A Bitch
08:00 The Burger Queens ‎- House Fever (East Side Angels Mix)
11:30 Sub Bug - Got To Get It On [Fantastic]
17:50 ? "yeah, its got you groovin, prayin for more" female/funky guitar
24:00 First Life - Be One Of Us
31:10 Deja Vu - Messages (i think its the ‘Blue Riot’ Mix but need to check)
37:10 Hyperlogic - Only Me
45:00 20 Fingers feat Gillette - Short Dick Man (The Red Jerry Mix)
51:20 Lippy Lou - Liberation
58:40 Finitribe - Brand New
69:20 Beats International - Dub Be Good To Me

1994-10-29 hot to trot 1st birthday.jpg

I dont have a tape cover so im unsure which tape pack it comes from, possibly one of these--
https://www.discogs.com/Boy-George-Jon-Of-The-Pleased-Wimmin-Hot-To-Trot/release/6770162
or
https://www.discogs.com/Boy-George-Allister-Whitehead-Hot-To-Trot/release/12596252

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
That one in the link youve posted looks like the same one for sale on ebay for £53.00 notes :crazy:

Haha! Yes it is Jonny. I wondered where Scott got the photo of it for the Discogs listing. That seller is literally bonkers. Their prices are ridiculous... £61.34 for a Boy George Juicy! tape!

I messaged them a while back about a better price for that Rhythm Elite Vol.1 triple pack (£76.68) and they weren't haven't any of it. I offered them £30.00, which is still a lot. Been after it for years...

BOY GEORGE Rhythm Elite *RARE UK 3x DJ CASSETTE BOX SET DAVE SEAMAN Culture Club | eBay

Good luck selling mix tapes for those prices! :eek:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
I have a shit load of mix tapes that Nath gave me years ago Jonny. He got them from Jim Tang from Dreamscape. There must be 150 of them. I think he knew someone at Progress, Hot To Trot etc mix tapes through promoting, and he copied them all. They are all labelled with DJ names, club/venue and date, but not with their tape pack numbers, eg. HTT6 or P4. I need to go through them again and cross check them :thumbsup:

Last edited:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
:thumbsup: Thanks Brady for making this mix available to listen

the missing track IDS are

08:00 The Burger Queens ‎- House Fever (East Side Angels Mix)
31:10 Deja Vu - Messages (i think its the ‘Blue Riot’ Mix but need to check)
45:00 20 Fingers Featuring Gillette ‎– Short Dick Man (The Red Jerry Mix)

thanks for the IDs, another tracklist nailed ;)

it must be a promo copy/version of Lippy Lou - Liberation hes playing as it never came out till 95, but it is on More Protein which is his label.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I have a shit load of mix tapes that Nath gave me years ago Jonny. He got them from Jim Tang from Dreamscape. There must be 150 of them. I think he knew someone at Progress, Hot To Trot etc mix tapes through promoting, and he copied them all. They are all labelled with DJ names, club/venue and date, but not with their tape pack numbers, eg. HTT6 or P4. I need to go through them again and cross check them :thumbsup:

Thats good they have dates on but a mare not having numbers has you say, hopefully you find some new stuff :thumbsup:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I think its maybe from the Boy George & Allister Whitehead tape pack, as the picture of the cassette hes put on ebay looks the same as the one I have. the other 3 hot to trot tapes I have are marked up slightly different, dont have the pigs on the tape

View attachment 33977 View attachment 33978

BOY GEORGE ALLISTER WHITEHEAD *RARE* UK hot to trot 2x CASSETTE BOX Culture Club | eBay

I reckon they sometimes used what ever printed tapes they had, Ive got two orig sets of (HTT 6)

One pack I got off Henry & the other came from my mate.

Look at the difference between the two Boy George tapes, both have the same recordings.

One tape says Tape1, the one from the other tape pack says Tape2

Then the same again with the Smokin Jo tapes.

Then the Rampling & Pete Wye have diff print from the others but are the same

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
I'm at a loss! Why couldn't they have made this simple! I blame the buggers a Mayhem Distribution :crazy::mad:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
The tapes that make up HTT12 that I have here don't have tape numbers on them, just Side 1 or Side 2.

I have no way of ripping it at the moment... or listening to it. Which is bloody frustrating.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
The tapes that make up HTT12 that I have here don't have tape numbers on them, just Side 1 or Side 2.

I have no way of ripping it at the moment... or listening to it. Which is bloody frustrating.

I bet, it would be doing my nut in not being able to rip them, looking forward to hearing them phones::thumbsup:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
Haha! Yes it is Jonny. I wondered where Scott got the photo of it for the Discogs listing. That seller is literally bonkers. Their prices are ridiculous... £61.34 for a Boy George Juicy! tape!

I messaged them a while back about a better price for that Rhythm Elite Vol.1 triple pack (£76.68) and they weren't haven't any of it. I offered them £30.00, which is still a lot. Been after it for years...

BOY GEORGE Rhythm Elite *RARE UK 3x DJ CASSETTE BOX SET DAVE SEAMAN Culture Club | eBay

Good luck selling mix tapes for those prices! :eek:

I've done that before made offers for stuff and people have declined, to see if they will bend, when they are asking stupid prices.

The best one is when you offer them what I think is a reasonable offer, but they decline, then they wait for it to go to bid then they get less money than you offered them HooHAA :rotate: