*Awesome free mixes to download!*

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
After a great flurry of recent postings with new mix shares from a number of the forum's main mix providers in an attempt to boost the board and ignite the old spark, this board seems to have died right down again which is shame.

I think it just goes to show that only 8 or 9 people post, share and help with track listings... whilst the other regular 'visitors' possibly (100s) just lie in wait for free downloads that don't have passwords.

In the time that I have been re-sharing my rips in recent weeks, with keys to unlock access for downloads, aside from the regular posters and contributors, only ONE person has private messaged me to ask for a the keys for a mix.

What this shows is one of two things - a) people can't be bothered to pm and ask, just want a free ride without any hassle, or b) as most never bother sign up to become a member of OSA, or have signed up but have maybe only made a couple of posts since 2010, they know damn well how it looks. This mixes with passwords and keys thing must be really getting on their tits... it's like they can taste the mix, but they can't eat it.

So how do we move forward? Or are forums really dead?

The most obvious solution which is a win-win for everyone, is that people sign up, become a member of OSA (it's free after all!), and contribute a bit, even if just saying thanks, helping with tracking lists every now and then, or just getting involved with the forum. That way, they have access to all the great new shares, and the board has a more activity community. Even if you only end up posting a few comments a week, it doesn't take much time or effort - plus if you are visiting a forum, you may as well interact, as after all, that's what a forum is for. I'll just leave this here...

1112vj7.jpg

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
I can tell you why I don't ask for mixers or passwords its because I buy plenty of tapes I have had a double pack just arrived in the post today. So got that on now. :love::love::love: a ton of single Juicy tapes I just bought still got them to listen to and a few more double packs on the way in the post.

And when am working I can't be arsed with these these forum am to tired to give a fuck about them.:sleep::sleep::sleep:

And am only of today because my back is hurting.

and when I am off I have to spend time with my Mrs or she kicks my arse:p

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
I can tell you why I don't ask for mixers or passwords its because I buy plenty of tapes I have had a double pack just arrived in the post today. So got that on now. :love::love::love: a ton of single Juicy tapes I just bought still got them to listen to and a few more double packs on the way in the post.

And when am working I can't be arsed with these these forum am to tired to give a fuck about them.:sleep::sleep::sleep:

And am only of today because my back is hurting.

and when I am off I have to spend time with my Mrs or she kicks my arse:p

I don't get it? You're too tired to give a fuck about forums, but you've just started another one?! :crazy:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Well said Henry :thumbsup:

You only have to look at the amount of veiws per set, to the amount of replys :fekked:says it all really..

When I first started ripping tapes and putting them on line for FREE and thats how I wanted it to be (free) , I didnt know some cockroaches would be taking them, then selling them and making money from what I shared has :mad::mad::mad::mad: the cheecky kents could not even be arsed to change the title......

I thought of it just like lending a tape to a mate bitd...phones:

What I do like about forums is people like yourself & Scott and many others can I.D those tracks, which I cant do.

I personally think facebook has killed forums , its all about having it in your hand aka your phone , people dont speak to anyone really and just click dl or play, soundcloud and others of the same have also not helped.

Ive not brought any tapes for a while due to money etc, but I will be bk at it soon and be more than happy to share them with like minded people...:thumbsup:phones:phones:phones:phones:

Last edited:

k00lworld

VIP Silver Member
The activity on the forum ebbs and flows but that's because we all have a life outside of the internet and this website. I think the forum views are also vastly overrated and much of the traffic is probably search engine bots.

In addition, it's only been familiar names who have asked me for keys. I've not had any lurkers asking for keys.

I think this site could do with requiring users to register to access download links. It's too open at present but conversely we don't want to put up too much of a barrier for genuine new users to join the scene.

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
The activity on the forum ebbs and flows but that's because we all have a life outside of the internet and this website. I think the forum views are also vastly overrated and much of the traffic is probably search engine bots.

In addition, it's only been familiar names who have asked me for keys. I've not had any lurkers asking for keys.

I think this site could do with requiring users to register to access download links. It's too open at present but conversely we don't want to put up too much of a barrier for genuine new users to join the scene.

I am in 100% agree with you I don't think them hits are not human they are spammers and bots and v bulletin is very easy to spam, I personally think if you want a rip signing up is not hardwork and making them work for the rips making them make 15 posts it's nothing for some of the rips, I could do 15 post very easy it would not put me off but I love my house music and it would be worth it.

Other forums do it not just mine and they still get plenty of sign ups.

But the only way you could find out is by seeing the ips.