Are we at the repeat stage?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
Thought i'd post the odd tune in here when it gives me those retro vibes. Would love to hear recommendations from anyone else still buying new stuff. I'm not overly keen on that bassline at 2:15 here, but otherwise think this is a great tune. needs an ableton edit maybe

Last edited:

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Thought i'd post the odd tune in here when it gives me those retro vibes. Would love to hear recommendations from anyone else still buying new stuff. I'm not overly keen on that bassline at 2:15 here, but otherwise think this is a great tune. needs an ableton edit maybe

There is not enough low mid in the breakbeat or at least layer the breakbeat with a kick drum underneath the kick drum on the breakbeat to make it sound more fuller, but then all of a sudden an over bassy kick drum comes into the tune half way through, who ever made this tune should leave breaks to the professionals harsh I know, even when the kick drum comes in it should follow the breakbeat! :fekked:

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
This is how you make a breaks tune! 27 year old tune! ;) nice low mid on the breakbeat! very important frequency when making breaks ;)

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
ah man, that is one tune i never thought i'd see anyone post in here. Absolutely love this :love: I listened to it LOADS a few summers ago. she seems like a pretty cool girl too. very quirky in a cool way

One of the best tunes I heard for a long time! :cool: she got a good voice! her voice goes with BREAKS like hand in a glove! :D & yes she looks a really down to earth person would be great to work with, I don't make music anymore miss it a lot if I could & find someone with a sweet voice :D

Last edited:

Monty

Apr 8, 2006

Again the problem with beats from modern producers! they are weak the tune shines through cause of her voice she is carrying the tune, with better sound engineering "beats" it would sound so much better!

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Don't mean to sound harsh "gregsta" & don't want you to feel ignored but everything you posted is totally the opposite of what I like, i'am not into the philosophy off dance music Acid TB303s! Dance Crazes! Gimicks! etc i'am not really into doing the Can Can, pass a parcel if I win I would do that tho :cool:, but who cares each to there own right :D

Italo/Electro that's something else tho! ;) That's good shit! ;)

Last edited:

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
I do like the some Hard House tho you have producers who are really good at what they do in each style of music so that's what I really listen to not really styles if I can help it but I was forced into this world haha :)