Are we at the repeat stage?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
I like my early d&B, but i'll admit that jungle is not an area that i know well. And it's definitely not know for it's musical "balance". are you telling me these london town boys were classically educated?

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
I like my early d&B, but i'll admit that jungle is not an area that i know well. And it's definitely not know for it's musical "balance". are you telling me these london town boys were classically educated?

I'am into good Jungle,

I have a question! When you switch a sampler machine on & there is no sounds coming out of it what do you do?

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
OK, i've thought of a question. Do you have an example of a definitive tune that has these elements in proper balance? Something old-skool, but not about the tune, about the balance?

That's a very hard one to answer :D I need time to think about that one being honest! you got me on that one :D

There is so many tunes that are reverse of your question when certain things ruin good tunes :D

PS: To be honest that's really a lot of good jungle when the percussion & balance is key to enjoying the tune I had some beers so I am struggling a bit now to answer & think :D what I am trying to say is a lot of people listen to music from a sound intelligence view they listen to the science of sound which really is the opposite to House music

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
I nearly went down the polyesterday route, but decided not to be so obvious

That's more like it :D now that's what I like :cool: all the percussion has importance & intelligence!

The way I like electronic music is more like a band type feeling where the drummer is just as important as the rest of the band/music

Anything with The Beatles Philosophy in music I love :D

PS: GOOD BALANCE! Hehe :D

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
I must admit i wasnt looking at that era for prog stuff. There were a ton of breaks tunes from that time i heard but never got the name of. I never figured you for an early '00 prog man Monty

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
so here's a track a i found a few days ago. It's got some fairly generic old skool hardcore breaks, but i really like it for that rhythmatic-style sub-bass running through most of the track. Reminds me of some very early tapes that i used to have. works great with that vocal imho

I really like this tune, apart from the vocals on it, are very annoying. ;)

Last edited:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com

Another really sweet arse tune :mad: I will be buying this tune at some point well maybe and the other version of that tune i posted!!!

I just bought another 3 old skool house tapes, so maybe not lol

I think maybe we are at the repeat stage their are some really nice pumping house tunes out their at the moment.

Last edited:

Monty

Apr 8, 2006

@ 2:47 "Its ok he can stay I know him, he can stay" god bless her :cool:
@ 2:59 annoyed with the so called security

She really is a free spirit! :)