Sasha 1 & Jim The Shaft Ryan - Miss Moneypenny's, Birmingham - 1994 Red Double Pack

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
gregsta im one of the very few who have persevered with uploading to OSA when everybody else has moved on

its felt like im the caretaker for OSA coming in now and again to sweep the floor and get rid of the cobwebs.

its soul destroying when you upload sets and don't even get a single reply.

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
gregsta im one of the very few who have persevered with uploading to OSA when everybody else has moved on

its felt like im the caretaker for OSA coming in now and again to sweep the floor and get rid of the cobwebs.

I have seen you get very annoyed and so would I to and it's very rude of people when they just download and take. With out a single little thanks.

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com

I actually laughed when i read this cause there have been times when i saw your uploads/comments and have seen literally no feedback. And i have to include myself in there. Feeling a little shame here. Your dedication to the cause is above and beyond mate. I've been distracted with other things but i do still regularly check OSA and tuneID, and i'm absolutely certain that i'm not the only one.

Maybe it's the dodgy mix-stealing bastards, but maybe its facebook, or maybe its kids. I do think that OSA could do with a higher profile cause i think the oldskool community is still pretty big. Is there a reddit sub? Maybe something like that would help.

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
I actually laughed when i read this cause there have been times when i saw your uploads/comments and have seen literally no feedback. And i have to include myself in there. Feeling a little shame here. Your dedication to the cause is above and beyond mate. I've been distracted with other things but i do still regularly check OSA and tuneID, and i'm absolutely certain that i'm not the only one.

Maybe it's the dodgy mix-stealing bastards, but maybe its facebook, or maybe its kids. I do think that OSA could do with a higher profile cause i think the oldskool community is still pretty big. Is there a reddit sub? Maybe something like that would help.

I do think OSA needs a re-vamp, its not very mobile friendly, VBulletin have released a mobile friendly version but its $199 to upgrade & I dont think butty etc would throw any money at OSA now, not enough users.

vBulletin Mobile Suite - For Use with iPhone, iPad, Android

OSA uses - Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
I do think OSA needs a re-vamp, its not very mobile friendly, VBulletin have released a mobile friendly version but its $199 to upgrade & I dont think butty etc would throw any money at OSA now, not enough users.

vBulletin Mobile Suite - For Use with iPhone, iPad, Android

OSA uses - Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12

This forum performs perfectly on my tablet that what I am replying to you on works the same as it does on my desktop..

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010

It's pretty shocking not getting replies. I think you've done amazingly to keep going Scott.

Hats off to you buddy. You have done a fantastic job for years, not only on here, but on your own site. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
on a mobile phone (the preferred method of browsing the net nowadays, so im told) the board comes up very small, you have to stretch into the screen to touch any links

in other words the site is not optimized for mobile viewing.
I don't really have that prolem my phone is a heap of shit, their is still a massive market for desktops with all the gamers, with web sites like scan and overclocked.com the decktops is no were dead. Even if I did have a nice phone I still would rather listen to music thought the sound card on my motherboard and look at the net though a 27" screen. I only use my tablet when am downstairs watching Tv.

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com

I think some of it is mixcloud and soundcloud and people can't be arsed to interact on a forum, you can just go on there listen to people tapes and don't have to say nothing. I like taking on a forum as you can see.

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Here's a scan of the cover :thumbsup:

29bnh9h.jpg