The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

billyrave

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Mar 28, 2012
Inside the Box
Comments below from Butty posted on Facebook 26th November 2016:

Late 1998 and I knocked together what ended up being the biggest old skool site on the net - OSA. From what started as a simple page with tracks I wanted to know the names of from maximes tape packs turned into what can only be described as a juggernaut.

It was around early 2000's when I added a forum that it went further than it was ever meant to. Lifelong friendships were formed, relationships, marriages, babies (what we on over 20 osa babies now?). It was a special time with more memories than is possible to remember for so many people - it was also a pretty good place for old skool also. We shared some ridiculously brilliant moments and some sad ones also (rip ant rock).

With the invention of facebook forums everywhere took a nosedive, people had a new place to go spend their free time. What was small forum communities based on people's passions became a much broader experience based on what people ate for tea.

Everything changes in time, OSA today is a much different place than it was back then. These days the radio and chat box are still lively and the nearly 1 million pieces of content that have been added by everyone is a wonderful resource for those searching Google.

18 years on and we are putting on a little shindig in Manc city centre, it's got dj's new and old on it with something for everyone - be great to see some of you down there:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1054076474648305/

Big thanks to Billy Rave for organising it and massive respect to everyone new and old who has contributed to the site over the years.

Butty x

So there you have it guys - your support would be appreciated ;) \o/ \0/ \o/
Butty is even putting a shift in for this one! :)

An event that is long overdue for old and new members, and everyone and anyone who loves the oldskool to meet and have a wicked night.
Hope you can join us :)

gskzVLcl.jpg

OSA has been pumping the digital airwaves for over 15 years and is one of the original, and still thriving oldskool internet music stations boasting old and new live DJ's on a weekly basis keeping the vibe alive. We thought it would be a great time to have a live and varied event in the heart of Manchester and share an intimate oldskool night with you all.

DJ's Include a nice balance of legendary, well established & up n' coming talented OSA DJ's including Tony Ross, Butty & Recca, Jack G, The Wax Office, Tony Jay, Ste Thomas, Dave Barra & Benny Digital, who will provide a mixture of club classics, underground beasts, techno stompers, hardcore & break thumpers, italo screamers, piano heaven, synthy shizzle and the list goes on . .

Get your dancing shoes on - This is one night that will re-ignite the memories and keep you stomping all night long o/ / o/

R.O.A.R

join the website, and OSA facebook page & check the events page now!

www.oldskoolanthemz.com

www.facebook.com/oldskoolanthemz

reetdad

VIP Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
legends
It was a super night with the best people you could wish to get dizzy with and the dj sets well they were shit hot.

The Venue is great bar staff etc all great so Billy hats off to what no doubt was a stressful experience but so worth it.

I thank everyone involved and who attended you made me so happy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

redface

Jun 4, 2006
manchester
great night and top dj's

really enjoyed the night and got to meet a few of you guys in person.... :hubba::mad:
just cant remember getting home . good job ste had been sober ish for his set to get me home haha:fekked: