Urgent Technics Repairs

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Does anyone know the guy from Blackpool who does Technics repairs i think he is called Sam can someone put me on to him?

Presuming Ed

Hiya Monty! I remember a company called 'Pimp My Decks' which I believe was run by an OSA member. I'm not sure I was based in Blackpool though although I could be mistaken. I just did a little search and it appears that they do repairs/servicing as well as customisation so. On a side note, could you possibly send me a link to the two that prank cold call video you did, as I really want to show my girlfriend it but can't find it on YouTube. Cheers mate. Ed

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Hi Ed hope your doing well mate,

I have resolved my issue i replaced one of my tonearms just finished doing it now was tricky to do the wires from the tonearm are so thin & needed careful soldering i also fitted gold plated RCA cables i just had to cross my fingers when turning my deck on & hope it all worked & it did i am chuffed with myself i can know fit Technics tonearms & gold plated RCA cables saving money.

I am now going to take the ball bearing out of the pitch & cut the orange wire to the pitch so i can mix around the zero point but i will have to desolder the pitch to get to the ball bearing then i will have to do everything all over again on my other deck but will have to wait until the tonearm arrives.

I think it is Pimp My Decks i was asking about i thought it was located in Blackpool or he is called Sam i can't remember now thanks for letting me know Ed i panicked last night my deck was all open in my kitchen & looked at it & thought what have i done was not a good idea doing it when drinking a few Stellas haha

Last edited:

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
No worries Ed :) I know people are busy with life etc I talk a lot but I like to let people know what I do so they then can ask me any questions if they need any kind of help with anything! :)

Presuming Ed

I talk a lot but I like to let people know what I do so they then can ask me any questions if they need any kind of help with anything! :)

We wouldn't have you any other way fella. You're right, it might encourage people to have a go themselves. I have on occasion toyed with the idea of upgrading the RCAs to gold plated and I made the slightly over the top move of upgrading to MK5s just to get rid of the pitch dip ha ha. Take it easy fella. Ed