if you get burgled

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
if you get burgled and your decks get taken, what do you buy to replace them? they aren't making 1210's anymore...

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
You claim, agree a cash value, take the cash and buy 2nd hand replacements ensuring they are good examples. Take and keep pictures of your equipment to demonstrate you owned them and what model they are.

As mentioned, 1200's are far superior to 1210's, they are so much better that they even improve your mixing skills.;)

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
all my gear is insured. finding the right second hand set would be a chew on plus i'm not a fan of second hand.
I guess knowing what price to put on your equipment... who knows what you'd have to pay after getting robbed.

These are at decks: Technics SL 1210 MK5G Turntable

This is on ebay: Technics 1200 Mk2 Mint Condition New Ortofon Stylus Boxed | eBay

I think I have it about right.

Never heard you spin Simian so your claim of being better because of the 1200 i'll just have to believe.

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
My set up is in bits at the moment and desperate for a mix!! Need to get some soundproofing done by a local tradie and then I will get plugging everything in. Guess I could do stop gap sets due to time difference.

S

Unless you have an agreed insurance value an insurance company will settle same as a 2nd hand car....indemnity. Be very careful of records, a lot of policies have a limit on collections unless you agree specific details. In UK I had the collection description lifted and each record would be considered separately hence why I needed a discogs list. Collections are frequently limited at say £500!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I'd go for the Pioneers too I think. Have a Stanton STR8-150 too which I also prefer to the Technics, but the Technics still have the history and classic appeal.

Taff

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2001
Manchester
I'd put an ad somewhere to ask the burglars to kindly return my beloved decks and I promise not to break their knee caps.... and if they did decide to return them.............then I'd break their knee caps!

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com
I'd go for the Pioneers too I think. Have a Stanton STR8-150 too which I also prefer to the Technics, but the Technics still have the history and classic appeal.
The stanton STR8-150 is a great deck and the platter sits a bit higher than the Technics, what I see as only been beneficial. The one down side to the Stanton are they are really no good for gigs, as they weigh so much. I have their baby sisters the t.92 and they are very heavy. As a upgrade the Reloops 7000 would be my next step up at only £350. As these Stanton t.92 need a lot of tapping and pushing to keep the beat in. Bearing in mind they were only £269 new they are the best of the budget turntable by far. Don't be put off by what am saying these deck for the price are no peace of shit.The Numarks at £200 now they are a peace of poop, i tested a apair and the motor has no power to it. They squeal when you touch the side or push them and they are badly made. I have had 2 sets of 1210's MRK2's and they keep the beat perfectly.

Last edited: