What Old Skool Event Would You Recommend

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DJFANTAZIA

Nov 21, 2001
Warrington
So I'm a bit out of it. Its been a fair few years since I have known where to go for a decent old skool night.

I've been to Bowlers about 3 times in 2 years (apparent old skool nights). One was excellent, and two of them pants.

Let me clarify what I mean, as old skool has different connotations for different people depending on the sub-genre you like.

I ( and my mate thebritishitalian / britaliandj [my goodness its been that long since I have posted on the board I cant even remember his handle correctly!] ) would like to attend an evening where there is a super all night playlist of old skool tunes. Mainly Italian would be my preference, though good quality british (sykick / ratpack / rhythm eclipse / pianoman / mix factory etc ) would all be all good too as one of the sets.

I know there's a certain amount of romanticism over jenks / legends (I'm from Warrington) / early pier / Maximes etc,... but I've been on enough nights over the years to know that you never get a night of all the tracks you want to hear, and sometimes you only get about 5 killers and the rest of the night is crap waiting for just the basics you have in your own collection at home.

While I never made it as a DJ, I did turn out to a few events so I realize that you cant drop all the best tracks in the warm up, but rather than fillers there's so may decent Italian old skool tracks that you could fill an hour with to start the night with and I've never been to a night where anyone gets this (I'm sure there out there I've probably just led a sheltered life)

If we wanted to go out and have a mainly Italian night, does it exist? Could I go somewhere in the northwest where someone drops Red Fox / Stellar Haze / P.Lion / Mister X / T.F.O / Jinny / Feroldi / Cap & Family / Step & Rhythm / Colours / Blue Ocean... and more importantly keeps that pace up all night without too many fillers. Even if it traversed into 93/94 zone for a portion, as long as it was good zone style tracks (for a short time as piano is the main focus), then that's all good.

Please help me find a good Italian night out in the northwest,...recommendations much appreciated.

Cheers, Dave