How to revitalize this forum?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

tilt

Mar 2, 2004
Germany
It is really a pity that there is not much posting in this forum anymore. When I came here in 2002/2003 there were lots of nice discussions here and I really found a lots of oldskool tunes through this forum I didn't knew before. Actually, OSA was the first oldskool dance forum I joined and I always loved the friendly atmosphere here.

So what has happened? Where are the original people from back in the days? I think there is still a lot to discuss on oldskool dance music.

I guess, I will start some music-related topics soon. :)

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
what happened?

facebook. all the chat goes on there.

most of my fave forums have dried up or disappeared. it's just progress. a lot can happen in 10 years, tilt. most of the people who came here will have families now and less time to frequent forums. they'll always be a hardcore on this forum (i am not including myself btw) to keep it bubbling along but newbies are few and far between.

how many of the peeps who introduce themselves actually go on to contribute to the forum? not many at all, in fact i can't remember the last time someone did other than put in a tune i.d. request and then you never see them again.

dj history, one of my favourite sites is shortly calling it a day. i've been on there for 9 years. the amount of new and old music i was turned on to was incredible. it was a very knowledgeable, funny and friendly site and i'll miss it.

you say there is still a lot to discuss about old skool music but many would disagree. they've heard it all discussed before and with the internet anyone can find out anything they want about anything, without having to resort to asking questions on forums.

don't get me wrong, tilt, i appreciate your enthusiasm for OSA and i hope it will be here for long time but you must realise this is how it'll be from now on. it's a vicious circle of fewer people posting because fewer people are posting...

also, i'm probably the wrong person to ask because i'm hardly on here myself anymore. :(

i wanna say big up to the likes of reet who keep the radio and shouty going. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
It is really a pity that there is not much posting in this forum anymore. When I came here in 2002/2003 there were lots of nice discussions here and I really found a lots of oldskool tunes through this forum I didn't knew before. Actually, OSA was the first oldskool dance forum I joined and I always loved the friendly atmosphere here.

So what has happened? Where are the original people from back in the days? I think there is still a lot to discuss on oldskool dance music.

Hi mate

I have just popped back on for a quick browse while listening to one of Ste's OSA mixes. I am really surprised at how under used this forum is now. I cant say i have used it for a number of reasons, work, family etc. I used to spend most of my free time on here with all the old OSA regulars. I think no matter what gets suggested, forums in general arent as popular as they use to be due to Social Media and i cant see that changing :cry:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Yeah, Facebook is a lot to blame.

To be honest, it's not just OSA that has suffered. All the old skool music forums have.

It's a great shame, but as already stated, it's progression, whether we like it or not :(

Jigsaw

May 24, 2015
East of England
Www.buzzin-house.com

I guess its quieting down because the old skool tapes are becoming rarer and rarer, and I guess in 2002 most of us were still young and now were a bunch of old farts with better thing to do. Than post on this forum, all the time. Am not going to mention my age because, I don't want to, but most people have posted everything anyone ever wanted and most links are dead. I have all the boxed sets on tape, I could upload them, but someone already been their and done that. So why would I do it again? :rotate: I will have some new stuff to upload soon, that will hopefully spring some life into this great forum!!!!I am new on here but I think this is a great forum and lets all help keep it alive.

Last edited:

stee

Mar 10, 2004
soundcloud.com
Forums in general don't get much traffic any more. Most people who know each other away from forums generally use the likes of Facebook really.