Old Skool Italian Piano Mixtape (circa 1993) - JP's Remake

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jippit

Apr 10, 2015
Old house mixtape from about 1993 - absolutely loved this, but the tape itself was a battered recording of a 2nd hand recording and played over 1000x - so the sound quality was by now shocking.

*** So I have endeavoured to remake it myself ***

It's taken me several years to try and find the names of all the tracks, hunt down ridiculously priced old vinyl copies on discogs, but it has been a labour of love. Some of the tracks I have been hunting for 23 years!!

I've tried to stay absolutely true to the original, in terms of play order, points at which tracks got mixed in etc
Kudos to the original DJ, whoever he/she was. If I had to take a wild guess Daniel Davoli of Black Box (Ride on Time) fame - due to Italian House content and year of the mixtape. Any suggestions welcome.

This was played on the way to / back from many amazing nights in my car, as well as numerous house parties.
Lots of Italian influenced house tracks, lots from the disco magic label - some really rare.

Thanks to all the people who have helped me ID some of the tracks - definitely not a task Shazam was up to!

Tracklist
Expose - Tell me why
Band in a box - Get dynamite
Lee Marrow - To go crazy
Z100 - Testa Don't Stop (Hammondia mix)
Corina - temptation
Transglobal Underground - Templehead (played at 45 rpm - meant to be 33 rpm!)
Anita Adams - Movin Up & Down
Colours - Baby baby
Bit machine - It's time
4 for money - Moment in time
50 hertz - Get Up
Karlo D & DJ Stress - Hallelujah
The Project featuring Linda Rice - Out of control

Enjoy & let me know if you can ID the original DJ - maybe you have a better recording of the original!

HousePiano1993MixtapeOldschoolitalianDjdiscomagic

https://soundcloud.com/tonejammer/old-skool-italian-piano-mixtape-circa-1993-jps-remake

(The link to a recording of the original tape is also on my soundcloud profile)