Piano toons

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Neil27

Nov 9, 2002
Are Piano tunes on the way back in? We listen to radio 1 at work and they've been playing a really cheesy piano toon called Divine Inspiration - hand in my hand. It's as cheesy as my brown and yellow y-fronts but hey its a start!;) Next flip n fill will be making cheesy trance toons with classic piano riffs! Now that's something to look forward to :S

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Oh no not them again........:eek: :crazy: :crazy:

Smash 'n' Grab £££££. Or is it Steal n' Rake?. please dont start ruining another genre of music which should be left on its own merits....doesnt anyone have scruples / principles anymore?

Did you see that compilation CD on Tv ad, with the black cover (House Nation?), just one revamped trumpet tranced 80's cheddar after another. I hope santa doesnt send this my way this crimbo :eek: :|, mind you, I need some coasters for me mug of coffee.......

On a different note,
You know, I heard that cheeky girls record today and it reminded me so much of whigField saturday night its scary - only thing different was they've used that trumpet trance noise/sound in tha background:S :S .:rolleyes: Oh dear.

Neil27

Nov 9, 2002
Ur joking, shit and I thought I was just taking the piss. They're gonna release every decent piano toon, fukkin slaughter them and we're all gonna end up hating them. The end of old skool is nigh, we're all doomed.:| :crazy: :( :S :cry:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Neil27 said:
we're all doomed.:| :crazy: :( :S :cry:

"Were all Dooooooomed, Mr Mainwaring, Were all doooomed!"lol

Me, Im waiting for the enevitable "OldSkool Stars - The Rivals"

(Bop Bop shoo waaaaah)

ste30

Aug 31, 2001
Warrington
sirius said:

Did you see that compilation CD on Tv ad, with the black cover (House Nation?), just one revamped trumpet tranced 80's cheddar after another.

i know the one
literally every song it shows, one after the other, is an old song with the same kind of wanky synth keyboard sound over it, sung by either kelly "n-trance" llorenna , or big nose karyn parry
fuckin shit
todays music is so downhill

Neil27

Nov 9, 2002
Saw the advert for the cd 'Clubland 2' last night. Imagine waking up on Christmas morning to a Cd filled with Flip n Fill, Kelly lorena, Lasgo, Scooter and Las Ketchup. :naughty: :axe: No wonder there's such a high suicide rate at Christmas.

zonecrew

Sep 1, 2001
Workington
Neil27 said:
Saw the advert for the cd 'Clubland 2' last night. Imagine waking up on Christmas morning to a Cd filled with Flip n Fill, Kelly lorena, Lasgo, Scooter and Las Ketchup. :naughty: :axe: No wonder there's such a high suicide rate at Christmas.

My girlfriends got that CD and you wouldnt believe the amount of old skool classics on it that have been tranced up.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
zonecrew said:
My girlfriends got that CD and you wouldnt believe the amount of old skool classics on it that have been tranced up.

how do you stop yourself burning it m8?. You must have the patience of a saint.................:crazy: I hope you didnt buy it her:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Sirius.

zonecrew

Sep 1, 2001
Workington
sirius said:
how do you stop yourself burning it m8?. You must have the patience of a saint.................:crazy: I hope you didnt buy it her:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Sirius.

Nah, she bought it herself...i couldnt believe it when i heard that choon that Sy used to cane all the time, its called Closer. (closer to all your dreams yeh, yeh) Anyway, this version is a cheesy trance version, :mad: :mad: :mad:

If they're gonna release them then dont fucking touch them i say, totally ruined it:(

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
They should be strung up for fucking with classic, pioneering tunes.

Nobody could ever give a viable arguement that whats being done to these tunes is in any way acceptable as its a travesty full stop.

R J

Sep 29, 2001
Manchester UK
www.aatw.com
Girls will you put your handbags away , how many times do we have to have this argument , it's getting boring now.

If your going to bitch at least pick an interesting subject and something different rather than the same old shite ! ..

Neil27

Nov 9, 2002
R J said:
Girls will you put your handbags away , how many times do we have to have this argument , it's getting boring now.

If your going to bitch at least pick an interesting subject and something different rather than the same old shite ! ..

err what's this forum called again.... oh yeah old skool anthemz chat. If members wanna chat about old skool toons being slaughtered then we will. If u don't want to chat then don't come on the board or don't read them... simple really init.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I know that shit remixes of classic old tunes is bad, and the thought of Flip & Fill doing a wanky trumpet trance remix of Young MC or Selector makes me want to vomit all over myself, do you not think that in a way it's kind of good?

What I mean is if some bunch of 16 year old slappers are bopping around in their local Ritzys hearing remixes of old tunes, means that any DJ with a bit of sense might realise that he (or she
:p ) could get away with playing the original old versions without all the kids walking off the dancefloor coz they don't know what it is.

Surely any publicity (no matter how lame) for oldskool tunes is good publicity and will ensure that it will NEVER die! :D

Big T

May 16, 2002
Wakefield
It fuks me right off.

Went out round Barsnley over the weekend. Walked into a club at about 11 to hear stuff like Baby D and all the more commercel stuff. He played about 6 or 7 tunes and the dancefloor was rammed Then they put all the cheesy trance shit and every fucker left it. I was laghing my fuckin head off

Old skool all the way C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:fekked:

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
zonecrew said:
Nah, she bought it herself...i couldnt believe it when i heard that choon that Sy used to cane all the time, its called Closer. (closer to all your dreams yeh, yeh) Anyway, this version is a cheesy trance version, :mad: :mad: :mad:

B]

err.. :$ if it's the resonance q one then i think it's good:D :D :D :D

jayne x

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
I was down the old vinyl shop at weekend, how many piano tune revamps with a wanky hard house/trumpet trance did I hear that afternoon!? Fek me.

From what I can remember:

2x T.T.F tracks
Liberation 2
MrRoy/Shaft piano
True Faith
That sound/loop but mishmashed off RaveSignalIII

There was more, but Id stopped my ears from listening to the carnage. Whats more, the muppets in question were going 'Oh my god, what a great tune' as though it had been made up by the trumpet trance 'composers'. It was like playing the original riff at 45rpm instead of 33 and layering an 'off hook' bassline and getting the Chipmonks in on backing vocals :D

Anyway, like it or loathe it, its the way it has to be innit. I bet those into the early "House Sound Of Chicago" were puking at Shades of Rhythm or something. I hate it, but if thats what passes for good music these days then Id better start getting to like it
:(

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
zonecrew said:
Not a patch on the original though:)

yeah i agree...doesn't even come close but it's defo on the better end of the scale for rippin off decent tunes!!

jayne x