What DJ Gear is everyone using these days??

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

dodgymix

Well finally getting to point were my decks are coming back into my life with present house big enough for decks + 1 or 2 records :)$) which wont get in way of rest of family.

Taken opportunity to upgrade my amp, picked up an old technics SU-C800U Mk II pre amplifier and the SE-A900S Mk II power amplifier which should produce a nice sound

Looking forward to plugging my trusty 1210s in

probably pick up some new speakers whilst im at it and clear out some of my old gear

Everyone else still on the trusty 1200/1210s ?? or people a tad more advanced?

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Yes still use technics 1200's with A&H S2 mixer. I do have digital also but prefer vinyl.

Well done on the Technics SE & SU, quite rare, quite expensive and yes will give you great sound possible too good for a dj'ing set up.

S

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Good to see you back posting Rob :)

I have the std pair of 1210s n mixer n also a Denon CD n Denon midi player that I'v had for a few years.

Although I think the denon's are great bits of kit and are every bit as good as the pioneer equivalent I rarely use em and prefer mixin with wax

dodgymix

Yeh not been in OSA that much

Still try and help out on tuneid

4 year old and 1 year old take up all my spare time

Just crAnked new amp up.. Got to a third and kids were screaming.. I could Nt take more than half

The power amp has double outlets so another pair of speakers lol

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Use the amp for bi-wiring your speakers, technics are great for this, do this with mine and sounds great. Yes you halve the speaker outlets but what you end up with is very precise. Got to admit don't use the amp for 1200's due to slight latency so have active monitors instead.

S

good see you Rob , hope you and family are well, peace and love bro, what you think to all the house nowadays.ive played that mopstly the last 2 yrs on top of my game with now wantin to do music pr for a label or summat, learnin the social side of things but stil playin healthhy on radio, house is unreal though its all gone back to basics , jungle n garage has fused together and made bassline tech house , and add to that a few bleeps , the perfect combination

www.mixcloud.com/oldskoolalan

Last edited:

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
I am still using my 1210s after I sold my Denon dnhs and my pioneer CDj ( still regret selling the CDj but needed the money )

However I have just won the numark express off eBay for 300 notes brand new!!!

2 USB decks 2 cd slots with virtual Dj and serato and you can plug another external device in ie my deck !!

Can't wait to get it as I can't mix my CDs or mp3 at present

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Reloop Terminal Mix 4 with Serato DJ & an old skool Allen & Heath Xone 62.
Still have my 1210s & I went through a phase with Ableton but missed the hands on, so only really use that now for making mash ups/edits etc...