Vinyl postage

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
It's been a while since i've made a decent sized order in the UK, but i've just ordered 20 12"s through discogs and been quoted almost £32 for postage (from and to UK addresses). This seems pretty excessive to me, but like i said, its been a good while. Can anyone out there tell me if this seems an (un)reasonable postage quote?

jason67

Apr 12, 2010
Planina pod golico, Slovenia
I got 120 sent over from the UK to Slovenia, cost a flat rate of 26 pounds which i thought was pretty good. I bought them from a shop called Globalgroove in Stoke, maybe you can contact them to ask which carrier they used.

Monty

Apr 8, 2006
Just a guess i say it should be around £17.00 48hours delivery Parcel Force but it has been a while,check on line how much it should cost weight size etc.

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
Thanks for the replies there guys. I guess i was expecting £15-£20 and this quote seems a little like taking the piss, but i don't want to make an issue of it til i'm sure. I haven't made an order at all for the last couple of years, so I figured it was possible that UK postage had some kind of crazy increases since then.

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Some sellers deliberately make the records cheaper but postage more expensive, which also saves fees.

Always best to check the sellers policy first - often when u factor postage the cheapest price record might not be the cheapest when u factor the postage.

If its excessive message em..most a sound and if you tell em you are going to be ordering 20 and you know how much it should cost reckon most will be reasonable.

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
COLLECT+, demand they post via them! the seller will deliver to a local store! collect + guys pick up and deliver to Royal Mail.

I post up to say 20 records for £8 ish

S

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
COLLECT+, demand they post via them! the seller will deliver to a local store! collect + guys pick up and deliver to Royal Mail.

I post up to say 20 records for £8 ish

S

dammit, really? unfortunately i've already paid. I'll just need to hope this guy sticks to his word and shows me the receipt. Thanks for the reply