Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Just thought I would make a thread so all our resident Scousers from Yorkshire can congratulate the champions.
It is an even more remarkable achievement considering Liverpool had declared themselves champions 4 weeks ago.

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Was wondering when you would post...;)

The lesser of 2 evils..what a terrible season this has been for football :p:D

The team that finishes top deserves to be champions:king:.. not that I like it:|

You got some catchin up to do mind;)

Having said all that so much for the fifa fair play rules and the joke 'punishment'.. :cops:

Could City be considered cheats :naughty:

If a proper punishment was implementedcmaybe things would be different :turn:

And before you say out Dave..Yes I know we are poo :cry:

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
Just thought I would make a thread so all our resident Scousers from Yorkshire can congratulate the champions.
It is an even more remarkable achievement considering Liverpool had declared themselves champions 4 weeks ago.

i will congratulate the champions as they were the best team over the season.

i can't remember liverpool declaring themselves champions though...that was the media.

Whipper

Sep 4, 2010
Salford
Having said all that so much for the fifa fair play rules and the joke 'punishment'.. :cops:

Could City be considered cheats :naughty:

:cry:

Really,i'd say the G14 are doing the cheating,changing the rules to keep them at the top table.

1st it was the CL and now FFP,sad when you consider that a club like the Swamp Dwellers can have so much debt but carry on as normal without punishment.All the debt put on the club,and the Glazers taking £50 a year out of football.

Wrong on so many levels.

CTID

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Really,i'd say the G14 are doing the cheating,changing the rules to keep them at the top table.

1st it was the CL and now FFP,sad when you consider that a club like the Swamp Dwellers can have so much debt but carry on as normal without punishment.All the debt put on the club,and the Glazers taking £50 a year out of football.

Wrong on so many levels
CTID

Are you Easty's twin:p

Of course the big boys will do what they can to stay at the top of the tree,,,that's the goal isnt it?

They are football clubs but these days they are a business..the governing bodies kinda want the best of both and the rules they have brought in are poorly thought out but I believe stem from good intentions (Sustainability - as much as you hate us I reckon you would be gutted if wasnt here to hate :mad::wave:...half of the city fans talk more bout utd than city :S)

Look at the PSG fine - they are still splashing the cash. It isnt a punishment or a deterrent to those who are so cash rich.

Players Cheat on the pitch but what you have here is a clubs hierachy deliberately ignoring the rules and and effectively sticking 2 fingers up. At least when a player is caught cheating and given a punishment it has some effect, eg suspension..the fine is no sanction.

Perhaps it was too much to hope a city fan would appreciate the above given their recent volatile history;) ...if these arabs aint bought you what chance would you have?

As for United people dont understand debt and its relationship to company finance. Whereas I don't particulary like the current level of debt there is nothing wrong with it so your statement is incorrect.

United can service its debt yet as you say the Glazers are still pocketing cash so the club is living within its means - unlike City & the rest. Debt is often considered a 'cheap' source of finance and many PLC's are heavily geared (debt financed - and at the moment debt is cheaper than ever).

I wont bore you with the reasons but these people invest for a return and it's been delivered.

My view is that there's too much money in football in general and ultimately is all of us who are being stung by the greedy b@stards.. Just look at your man Ya Ya - now that is everything that is wrong in football

:birthday2:

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Haha the digs,laughable.

The arrogance of rags is hilarious,tick tock fella;)

No digs.. Just banter :)

Forum needs a bit of lively debate... Anyhow it's your turn to get the digs in these days after the long wait :D