insane

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I thought they were base jumpers at first, so if they fell they could have pulled a chute and survived, but they're fearless.

It's doubly mental because it happened in China too, where these 2 guys could have been fast tracked to prison.

I guess Russian's are just crazy.

Bonanza

Nov 2, 2011
Ellesmere Port
Made me uncomfortable just watching it! I leant back from the laptop screen a couple of times! What a pair of nutters!

I went to Calgary a few years ago and went up the tower thing there. Part of the platform floor is glass and just standing on that gave me pins and needles up and down my body! Weird feeling cos you know you are safe, but all your senses and survival instincts are telling you it looks really dangerous and not a good place to be. Didn't help when I was stood on there a Canadian woman said that she remembered when it was built one of the glass panels fell out! Not sure if that is true, but I got off it pretty sharpish anyway! :|:S

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
those rucksacks are used to carry their balls in.

eventually one of these guys is gonna fall. it's inevitable. :(

apparently they already have ivan, in russia anyway. i first saw the urban free climbing thing a couple of months ago on a prog on channel 4 called don't look down:

Don't Look Down - 4oD - Channel 4

if anything i felt even more vertigo than with the china one cos u can actually see the ground. i'm not good with heights at the best of times so i was well dizzy lol ;)

Last edited:

Bonanza

Nov 2, 2011
Ellesmere Port
Its funny how ya can stand on the edge of a kerb but not the edge of a building.
k

Well yes, but its like the difference between stroking next doors cat and stroking a wild tiger. One will almost certainly be ok and one might bite yer head off! It's just a survival instinct, humans are not safe when they are really high up and near to the edge. I certainly don't like it! :eyebrow: