problem with my computer

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
in the last week or so my pc has started playing up. i've looked through my programmes to see if anything has hidden itself in there but nothing has.

i used to be able to have a youtube video playing or osa radio playing (or both) and flick through other pages with no problems.

what happens now is when i try to open another page while any media is playing the page takes a while to load and the music playing slooooowwws down and "stutters" before the page eventually opens.

the pc is only 9 months old (windows 8) and up until about a week ago was fine. i've tried turning off flash player but that doesn't work.

any ideas? :S:cry:

djperkins

Sep 22, 2011
Not Manchester
Maybe try using an older verson of Adobe flash player. I had to retro nstall v10.3 cos any of the newer revisons crashed my lappy due to some fkn bollox...could be a sim peob....or...stop looking at grot...pc clean up...remove all the Darrell Hall and Johnny oats from the hd

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
thanks dave. turned out my audio device drivers needed updating. why windows updates didn't do this automatically i don't know. even their site says, relax, windows looks out for all driver updates etc.

the pc manufacturer even had a link for the updates but obviously they don't know i have one of their computers. lol

anyway, after a lot of searching on the net and rebooting i'm sorted. :thumbsup:

i can go to bed now...:sleep:

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
i would have checked that first :moonie:

yeah, i should have asked reet "war games" lad about it first. i know for next time. :p

wargames-for-sale-13apr10.jpg